Craig Bryson

RamsPolls

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Depends how much he's on a week. I know it's not up to fans to worry about finances but if he's one of the marquee players earning a big wage, we can do better I think.

Think he signed a 5 yr contract of around 20k a week the summer after we lost the play off final. I think it was in line with what Burnley were offering but a longer contract

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would say Bryson is exactly the type of player Rowett would like to have at Derby, along with Johnny Russell.

People are saying we should sign Grand Leadbitter who is 31 and clearly not passed it, Craig Bryson is only 30.

I doubt he will be going anywhere.

I would keep Bryson. But then, I'd keep most of our players. There's this idea that our midfield is our weakest area. I don't buy it. To a man, they would walk into most sides at this level on their day. It's getting those 'days' out of them regularly. I suppose it depends where GR wants to go with it and the next 8 games will give him clues.

Struggle to see how people are justifying keeping him. 30-years-old, likely to be on big wages, and hasn't looked good since Clement arrived. Loved the Bryson of old and appreciate all the great memories he's been part of, but that's all they are now. Time to move on for both parties, in my opinion. 

Fickle fickle fans.

Bryson hasn't lost his quality at all. I hope he doesn't need to go somewhere else where he's loved and appreciated to show what he's capable of.  It might not seem it in isolation but is there any wonder players get disillusioned when brilliant club servants like Martin or Bryson get cast aside as if they're bit part players, yet others who've contributed less are held up as "legends"

Fickle fickle fans, I've never understood it and never will.

No matter where Bryson, Martin, Buxton, Ward, Brayford end up, how can anyone slate them ever, massive part of YOUR clubs history, how ready you are to turn against your own.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Fickle fickle fans.

Bryson hasn't lost his quality at all. I hope he doesn't need to go somewhere else where he's loved and appreciated to show what he's capable of.  It might not seem it in isolation but is there any wonder players get disillusioned when brilliant club servants like Martin or Bryson get cast aside as if they're bit part players, yet others who've contributed less are held up as "legends"

No matter where Bryson, Martin, Buxton, Ward, Brayford end up, how can anyone slate them ever, massive part of YOUR clubs history, how ready you are to turn against your own.

There is another way you know?

A player can have been great for you, but they aren't great forever, and at some point you need to thank them for their service and wish them good luck and good bye.

Football is littered with players who once had a good season or two somewhere and then never managed it again, or only ever managed to reproduce it when they moved to a new club. It's just the way it is.

It doesn't make you fickle just because you don't want to make a once great player an integral part to your side 3 years since his last good season.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Fickle fickle fans.

If you genuinely think that, then you either haven't been watching him play or you are so lost in the happy memories of the past that you are refusing to accept that he has changed. 

Of all those players you list there, only one (Martin) is arguably still as good as he was in 2014. Buxton is part of a Wigan team that are about to be relegated, Ward wasn't good enough for Burton Albion, and Brayford hasn't gone on to do anything since he left. 

Don't like people slating players - maybe a forum is the wrong place for you. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you genuinely think that, then you either haven't been watching him play or you are so lost in the happy memories of the past that you are refusing to accept that he has changed. 

Of all those players you list there, only one (Martin) is arguably still as good as he was in 2014. Buxton is part of a Wigan team that are about to be relegated, Ward wasn't good enough for Burton Albion, and Brayford hasn't gone on to do anything since he left. 

Wigan have the 8th best defense in the Championship, only 6 teams have more clean sheets, and they have only conceded 6 more goals than Derby, so I think their problems (like ours) lie at the other end of the pitch.

Wasn't Ward recalled by Forest ?

Brayford  - well he's playing in the Championship again (like all of our players)

Dunno.

Completely revitalised us last season. Produced in his brief run of games this season.

Needs a few games to get going but keeps getting niggly injuries. 

Unless we want to pay some of his contract off whoever signs him will need to pay £2,000,000 just so we don't make a loss on the remainder of his contract. This in mind, I'd keep him for one more season at a minimum and see how it goes.

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

Dunno.

Completely revitalised us last season. Produced in his brief run of games this season.

Needs a few games to get going but keeps getting niggly injuries. 

Unless we want to pay some of his contract off whoever signs him will need to pay £2,000,000 just so we don't make a loss on the remainder of his contract. This is mind, I'd keep him for one more season at a minimum and see how it goes.

It's the niggles that seem to scupper him every time. He just starts looking back to himself then picks something up.

A decent run in the side and back match sharp and he looks good as ever he has, but when he's just that bit off he doesn't seem nearly as effective. It's the whole "doesn't put a challenge in" when he knows if he did its be a foul cos he's a fraction behind where he wanted to be.

If we can get him fit and sharp he's an asset. I do think we under value some of our players a bit.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm fine thanks.

I admit I'm not watching every minute of every game

Changed or not changed, better or worse, my point isn't about that, my point is players that were once hero worshipped suddenly deserve/receive classless messages like

"hopefully" when someone posts "maybe the end of his time".

It's unwarranted, underserved and fickle.

No other way of looking at it at all, a bloke that used to be your hero suddenly turns into a villain because he changes the colour of his shirt? I know football is a bit tribal but come on, most of us are not children.

Bryson, Martin, Buxton, Ward, Brayford - better or worse, achieved something or not, they haven't done anything that warrants them being turned on.

ESPECIALLY the players who are still here.

I'll tell you something about Bryson, or we can have a little side bet, IF/WHEN he moves I bet it's to a club in and around the top 6 and all that would happen is we'd strengthen their side letting Bryson join them.

I personally think Bryson has suffered more than most due to the managerial changes.

10 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm fine thanks.

I admit I'm not watching every minute of every game

Changed or not changed, better or worse, my point isn't about that, my point is players that were once hero worshipped suddenly deserve/receive classless messages like

No other way of looking at it at all, a bloke that used to be your hero suddenly turns into a villain because he changes the colour of his shirt? I know football is a bit tribal but come on, most of us are not children.

Bryson, Martin, Buxton, Ward, Brayford - better or worse, achieved something or not, they haven't done anything that warrants them being turned on.

ESPECIALLY the players who are still here.

I'll tell you something about Bryson, or we can have a little side bet, IF/WHEN he moves I bet it's to a club in and around the top 6 and all that would happen is we'd strengthen their side letting Bryson join them.

I personally think Bryson has suffered more than most due to the managerial changes.

If you've got a problem with people's posts, such as the @Derby_EnglandLoyal one you allude to here, then that's fair enough. The only point I am making is that it's a public forum. People can say what they like, and posters such as yourself should be mindful not to bound together people who are critical of his dip in form with people who are just saying derogatory comments. 

As for your side bet - I willingly accept! Though, for reasons of clarity, are we talking teams that occupy one of the top six places, or teams that have done recently (Norwich, for example) ?

Sell imo, isn't anywhere near the level or consistency he once had. Had one amazing season which we'll all remember, but his time is up now and we need to move on and freshen the team up. Far too many players like him, Russell etc living on past glories having been here too long, who aren't good enough anymore 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

I would hardly say that they are bad messages to receive compared to some of the stuff on here...

However, As the once great Harry Redknapp said, "Football is a game of opinions" 

If you think that Bryson still has the quality to take this side to promotion, Then put your point across. Don't start calling other fans "fickle" because they expressed their opinion. 

I personally think his time is up here, Great player but not got the quality that we need for a top 6/Top 2 squad. 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Also, just a heads up. I'd probably google the definition of "Fickle".

Pretty sure that this doesn't apply in this instance. Don't think I've seen one of the posters on this thread say that they would keep Bryson and then change their mind. So probably best to find another phrase :D 

Archived