Craig Bryson

RamsPolls

11 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Number of points that you're wrong on here :).

1. On this point highlighted above. You're saying that fans shouldn't have a voice. If you're not saying this then fans are technically qualified then.

2. Not one person on this thread has said that Bryson hasn't done a great job for Derby County. However, just because he is a club legend, Doesn't mean he is immune to criticism or bad comments. They are part of football, If you can't get your head round that then football isn't the sport for you.

Finally 3. YOU CANNOT USE HYPOCRITICAL OR FICKLE AS AN EXAMPLE OF THIS THREAD!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO GET YOU TO READ THIS!!! People think it's his time to leave the club. That does not make them fickle in the slightest manner. Fickle is like this example - Someone says that they don't want to go to Derby games anymore because of the rubbish football. 10 games later they are praising the team and attending every game due to the football improving. That's Fickle!!! 

Hope that clears things up for you. If it doesn't. Please save me the trouble of ripping my eyes out, and don't reply. 

How to say this without sounding harsh?

First of all stop shouting, secondly if I read it once or I read it 100 times it won't change what fickle means.

I don't need English lessons from you bonnie lad, I've somehow managed to communicate in a way that has seen me do alright out of life and not have to be pulled up by a young kid like yourself.

100 games ago, 75, games ago 50 games ago, 10 games ago someone said Bryons was brilliant - 50 games later they say the opposite, just because you've decided to put some kind of short term time scale on what you thinks is fickle, doesn't change the fact it's fickle.

I know the meaning of fickle and I know the meaning of hypocritical.

I can't believe I'm now involved in such a stupid conversation with a (seemingly) professional online troll.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

How to say this without sounding harsh?

First of all stop shouting, secondly if I read it once or I read it 100 times it won't change what fickle means.

I don't need English lessons from you bonnie lad, I've somehow managed to communicate in a way that has seen me do alright out of life and not have to be pulled up by a young kid like yourself.

100 games ago, 75, games ago 50 games ago, 10 games ago someone said Bryons was brilliant - 50 games later they say the opposite, just because you've decided to put some kind of short term time scale on what you thinks is fickle, doesn't change the fact it's fickle.

I know the meaning of fickle and I know the meaning of hypocritical.

I can't believe I'm now involved in such a stupid conversation with a (seemingly) professional online troll.

That's bit harsh last bit to be honest Ronnie.

Clement, Wassall, Pearson, (and Rowett if we take his first XI as a reliable indicator). All seen enough in the last few years to have him in their teams.

His niggly injuries are an issue without doubt, if they can be managed properly I can't see why we'd sell him. Was only after the Ipswich game a few (me included, although I've never wanted him gone) were saying the old Bryson is back.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Which bit is harsh DEL?

Online troll bit.

And by the way I'm trying to send you a pm but won't let me send it. 

On a tangent: Can anybody see he transforming himself into a Kante/Gueye type player? 

He certainly has the pace and engine but I've always seen him solely as an attacking midfielder who's footballing intelligence is in his off the ball running… but against Forest he won the ball back seven times (which is a lot more than you think).

24 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Would you consider that maybe Craig's loss of form mirrors the team. It seems to me that you could have written the majority of that first paragraph about the club itself and it would fit.

The club signed too many midfielders, the managers couldn't work out how to fit the right ones in. Craig suffered.

I might be wrong but I still think if he gets a consistent run in ANY team he'll get goals and he'll contribute.

And that is the question. Can he get that run of consistent games to get into form?

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, swiftur said:

3 good games in four years ,not good enough.

while i accept his form hasnt been what it was...erm 3 good games? So in 2014 ( 3 years ago) he was our Player of the year, and was in the PFA team of the year, doubt he would have got that of the back of 1 or 2 good games, we must have been pretty rubbish in the season we made the play offs if that was the case.

Sith Happens

Still one of my favourite players, his form has been affected by both injury, and our continued inability to solve the George Thorne conundrum. Bryson, and hughes to a degree thrive on getting forward while relying on a solid defensive midfielder to pick up the pieces...its something they havent been able to do properly for sometime now.

Honestly think if George (or a proper replacement/cover) was playing both bryson and hughes would be totally different players.

38 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Online troll bit.

And by the way I'm trying to send you a pm but won't let me send it. 

perhaps it was harsh. I've only ever seen the lad being a bit provocative.

I'll take it back and apologise @RamsPolls, apologies for calling you a troll.

@Derby_EnglandLoyal PM box was full, I've tidied it a little bit, if you want to re-send it should be ok.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Don't keep him, don't keep them, players move. I'm not saying keep him, I don't really care either way. I got used to friends/favourite players leaving early doors in my football life.

then on the bolded part, really Meuspach? I'd think as an interested observer it doesn't appear that way.

Yep, we are a totally different club to get one hat signed him with totally different ambitions and backing. So yes, we have moved on. 

Smashing bloke, speaks articulately and with real feeling for the club.

Hasn't really had a spell clear of injury since that Bolton game, in hindsight it may have been better to have the op they tried to avoid back then, I don't recall him being out injured much beforehand.

Bryson on top form and clear of injury well worth keeping hold of, even now.

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

That's the problem though. He keeps picking up niggly injuries that prevent him from having a serious run in the side. Think we could get in a better all round player in summer. That's my reasoning for thinking he should go. 

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Smashing bloke, speaks articulately and with real feeling for the club.

Hasn't really had a spell clear of injury since that Bolton game, in hindsight it may have been better to have the op they tried to avoid back then, I don't recall him being out injured much beforehand.

Last para - agree with absolutely. 

But that means we have Thorne and also forsyth on way back from very serious injuries,  Will having had a few niggles and Bryso possibly needing more careful management to remain injury free. Quite a high proportion of what a number of us  (I include myself here) would think of as our first choice Xi. 

So if GR is tasked with trimming the squad we might be taking quite a high risk so for me I'd want to be more confident than I currently am that we can get near on a full season out of Craig. 

Bryson genuinely loves Derby and cares, you can see it in his interviews and his body language on the pitch. Think he could be a big player under Rowett, I'd love Bryson to part of the team that gets us up. True fairytale for him. Loved hearing he gave the red dog fans loads of verbal going down the tunnel the other week, top bloke.

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Bryson genuinely loves Derby and cares, you can see it in his interviews and his body language on the pitch. Think he could be a big player under Rowett, I'd love Bryson to part of the team that gets us up. True fairytale for him. Loved hearing he gave the red dog fans loads of verbal going down the tunnel the other week, top bloke.

I'll always remember him after the game against Rotherham last season, both his demeanour and his interview. 

When so many complain that none of our current players are bothered, he's one that can be looked at as someone who will never not give 100%. Amazing how little respect some of our players get.

Archived