Craig Bryson

RamsPolls

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Shocked at that. Maybe he's doing a lot more 4 yard passes. What's his shooting accuracy?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Stats like that mean little, I wonder what the pass accuracy for forward passes is ? 

try watching the games.

12 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Shocked at that. Maybe he's doing a lot more 4 yard passes. What's his shooting accuracy?

He's averaging 1.9 shots per game. 0.3 on target, 0.6 blocked and 1 off target. Those stats aren't too good but I'm willing to give him a leeway because we weren't exactly creating good shooting opportunities under Pearson.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

try watching the games.

It's clear that a few on here don't. They never talk about the games, they merely spit out nonsense about our players. They 'watch' the games through Craig Ramage's eyes on RD. Which explains their love for Bryson and dislike of Butters. 

I missed two away games last season and one at home. I had to listen to RD. Never again. We won two of the games and yet you'd think we'd lost such was the negativity.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

try watching the games.

It's clear that a few on here don't. They never talk about the games, they merely spit out nonsense about our players. They 'watch' the games through Craig Ramage's eyes on RD. Which explains their love for Bryson and dislike of Butters. 

I missed two away games last season and one at home. I had to listen to RD. Never again. We won two of the games and yet you'd think we'd lost such was the negativity.

18 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Slightly off topic, but I think Ramage actually makes a decent amount of sense most of the time. Think it was against Carlisle, within 10 minutes of the match sstarting he had already pinpointed the problem with the system and what needed to be done to rectify it. Pearson, being the ignoramous he was didn't see it, but Ramage did, to his credit.

31 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Looks like he won't be in the squad for tomorrow, Out with a Thigh injury. 

Going to be interesting who plays in the midfield tomorrow as Hughes is suspended.

Hanson behind Johnson and Butterfield at a guess

Big mistake by Bryson not going to Burnley in summer of 2014....his career has stalled (even gone backwards) since signing a cushy long-term deal two years ago,

No hunger, no incentive. His decision to turn down top-flight football tells all anyone needs to know.

24 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Big mistake by Bryson not going to Burnley in summer of 2014....his career has stalled (even gone backwards) since signing a cushy long-term deal two years ago,

No hunger, no incentive. His decision to turn down top-flight football tells all anyone needs to know.

Be fair, £20,000 a week for five years with promotion bonuses on £20,000 a week for three years with a relegation clause - no contest. 

And at the end of the day, it was him coming back that gave us that extra dimension under Wassall.

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

I would certainly disagree with the hunger aspect and even incentive. Bryso is an adapted Derby lad. You only have to speak to him to understand how much Derby means to him and as a fan that is what we want.

Turning down top flight football was because Derby showed they still wanted him and he still wanted Derby. A good mix to have yes.

He has been unlucky with injuries and then ended up playing in a holding midfielder role. It doesn't need a genius to work out this is not his style or game to get the best out of him hence why in my opinion his performances were not up to his standards. Be like playing Tom Ince in the centre of midfield. Ineffective.

I believe it was our side pushed very hard to keep him, although he has not been the same since, I think he suffered from being asked to play defensive, then had quite a few injuries.

I wouldn't question his desire, otherwisebwhy does every manager keep picking him and commenting on it. 

I do agree with your overall premise that Bryson should have gone to Burnley, but that it with hindsight.

To me he doesn't look like a player who's happy to pick up a wage, but player who's not sure what he's meant to be doing. Since he signed that contract, McLaren tried to get him to play more defensive for the first season which stifled him and stopped his best form. Then under Clement he got injured pretty quick, but had two permanent signings battling over his position when he came back. Then finally this season Pearson didn't really know how to play him and now he doesn't look settled at all. Hopefully he can find that form again but time is starting to run out 

Was Keoghs', then Johnsons', then Christies' turn to get the treatment and now it looks like it's Brysons'. Forget the injuries he's had and when fit and selected, being played in a position which totally ignores his particular skills - let's just give him some stick.

I give up with some of our 'supporters'.

Archived