Mac made players go to the crowd.

Boycie

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was in the Green Man with a few family/friends of Bryson who had travelled down from Scotland to watch Bryson play.

Brysons father-in-law received a call at around 11 from Bryson to tell him he hasn't been selected to play, needless to say Bryson nor his family/friends were happy.

I was then shown a text message received from someone close to Bryson which said and I quote "McClarens a "anker"

Maybe it was more out of frustration than actual disliking McClaren.

I find it very hard to believe that Bryson expected to walk straight back into the team after missing the last 2 games (in which we nearly won both) through injury.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter too much to me,though I do appreciate it....the result and performance is more important to me.

But my boys like it.

We were outide PP at the beginning of last season and all the players walked straight past us(I've no problem with that)save for Pearce who took time to come and apologise,saying Clement needed them all straight in for a team meeting.

I know that's a different subject but my boys loved Pearce for taking 30 seconds when no one else did.That kind of thing makes an impression on kids.

3 hours ago, David said:

Derby have a big squad with a lot of players that feel they should be starting, Bryson's family and friends reaction would be no different to Weimann, Bent, Russell etc. will happen week in week out up and down the country. 

Form goes out the window when you are close to a player, they are the first name that should be on the team sheet, you would never hear Valleyram pick another player ahead of Bryson, we could have Guardiola in charge and Pogba, Kroos, Modric, you name it and Bryson should be starting and Guardiola is clueless.

Similar to Ronnie and Nigel Clough talking of which was labeled a racist by Theo Robinson's cousin wasn't it on Twitter? Neil Clement also recently taking a pop at Mel.

Travelling down from Scotland you would be gutted to see him on the bench. Understandable.

Football is a squad game, Leeds at home or QPR at Wembley, players will miss out, what you hope is Bryson doesn't share the same views as his friends and family, goes in to training Monday morning and shows why he should be starting ahead of Butterfield and use any frustration as a positive.

We haven't seen the best of Bryson for various reasons but the man in charge is also the man that's also got the best of of Bryson in a Derby shirt. For me on form he is still the best partner for Hughes in the middle.

Whom was labeled racist and why by Theo's bro?

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I find it very hard to believe that Bryson expected to walk straight back into the team after missing the last 2 games (in which we nearly won both) through injury.

Typical jock if you ask me. Just like with independence issue. Cake and eat it 

3 hours ago, valleyram said:

one that talks sense mate , no one is bigger than the club but my belief is if both fit , Bryson and Hughes should play in the middle alongside a holding midfielder , if u read my post from day 1 of this season I was narking on for Bradley Johnson to play there instead of Will & Bryso ,if that had been done we would be in the top 6 just now and pearson would still be in a job  ,my view is butterfield is a tidy player but no more than that and should not be in the team before craig , but I don't pick the team and if you are out of it you just have to wait your turn

Agreed. Which Butterfield has had to do while we struggled with Bryson and Will in the middle. We've since got 7 points from 9 with Butterfield central and Bryson absent. I am of the opinion that that is more down to going back to three in midfield though. I rate Bryson and would have no qualms if he starts ahead of Butterfield or Hughes once they are off-form. It's about Derby for me. Not any one individual. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Get out of the real world Angry and pretend that probably meaningless things mean something. Fantasy brings the people together.

As a political philosopher once implied: "Applauding home fans in one out of the four stands is the opium of the people" 

I could say that to a few on here.. Real world... I've read posts about giving Chris Powell the job because he played 1 on 1 with a ball boy and gives a tearful interview.  Now Mac is back for 1 game and the players give a polite clap to the fans.. Mel has given sausages out.. All must be okay. Roses everywhere.

Our problems run a little deeper than that I'm afraid. Mac has to earn my respect on the pitch with performances and results. Morris has to earn it off it with his decisions.

The whole club has been one momental cock up after cock up for two years.. Once I see something tangible both on and off the pitch, I will start to get excited.

I get that people want to be positive and I will be at KO time, they will all get 100% from me... However reality check folks, we ain't seen nothing yet.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I get that people want to be positive and I will be at KO time, they will all get 100% from me... However reality check folks, we ain't seen nothing yet.

Someone once said 'a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step'. :)

On the subject of Pearce being a lovely bloke, I'm sure he is. But I'm not convinced he's better than Shack, he had a couple of dodgy moments yesterday that we got away with. Shack for me however he acts with the fans!

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I could say that to a few on here.. Real world... I've read posts about giving Chris Powell the job because he played 1 on 1 with a ball boy and gives a tearful interview.  Now Mac is back for 1 game and the players give a polite clap to the fans.. Mel has given sausages out.. All must be okay. Roses everywhere.

Our problems run a little deeper than that I'm afraid. Mac has to earn my respect on the pitch with performances and results. Morris has to earn it off it with his decisions.

The whole club has been one momental cock up after cock up for two years.. Once I see something tangible both on and off the pitch, I will start to get excited.

Best post of the year hands down.:o

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Someone once said 'a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step'. :)

On the subject of Pearce being a lovely bloke, I'm sure he is. But I'm not convinced he's better than Shack, he had a couple of dodgy moments yesterday that we got away with. Shack for me however he acts with the fans!

Yes but Pearce gives lovely intelligent articulate replies to the fluff ball questions Colin Gibson asks, so choose him. Shacks is petulant. 

4 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I agree with the Scottish. Selecting a Derby team without Bryson in it is like buying Victoria Sponge Cake with no cream in it. Mmmm. It's just very very wrong. If he's hurt that's a different matta.

Does Bryson think he is bigger than everyone else? I hope not - I hope its just the way that messages are getting transferred through the various lines of communication.

Anyway - You will get your chance Bryson to get back in the team - you'll get the chance to attach and hopefully re-find your form and then let the football do the talking.

All I am getting from this thread is that Bryson has a bad attitude and isn't professional enough to handle being part of a 'squad'.

I'd say this about every and any player if in similar circumstances, but he needs to get his head down and get his game together, and maybe he'll get his way into the starting 11.

I'm a bit of a half fan when it comes to clapping at the end. I stayed yesterday because they both needed it and deserved it. They also showed genuine appreciation of us. It was a heartening moment. I always stay till the final whistle. Would have to be family crisis or something not to, but usually stroll off with a last look at the departing scene. I've shouted and supported during the game, they got paid, I got entertained (sometimes)  job done.

But some games inspire a bit of extra effort from me. I love it when that happens but it has to be inspired by the happenings of the day rather than something done by rote. Does that make me uncommitted or just realistic ?  .. Dunno. 

Come on lads .. Make me stay 

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

All I am getting from this thread is that Bryson has a bad attitude and isn't professional enough to handle being part of a 'squad'.

I'd say this about every and any player if in similar circumstances, but he needs to get his head down and get his game together, and maybe he'll get his way into the starting 11.

Your never right , but some day if you keep posting you might get one right 

13 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Your never right , but some day if you keep posting you might get one right 

so is slagging off the manager "professional" in your opinion? I've spoke to dozens of players, and I've only ever heard of one player criticise or say something bad about the (then) current manager. That was Kinkladze about Gregory btw.

46 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I've slagged the manager I'm no a player , I thought he was a Diddy with England , he's been a diddy with Derby failing to get them up twice when he should have , but hey let's give him another shot at it 

not you, Bryson

Archived