Mac made players go to the crowd.

Boycie

I like Pearce, he'll keep Shackell out fortunately. He does always applaud the fans, even when they've been booing. I noticed him shouting and I also heard Keogh yesterday too so maybe he's been told to up his captaincy responsibilities. Powell went to the south stand before the game too which was brilliant 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson will want to play football, not walking over to the fans I have no issue with, this was probably out of frustration coming on so late.

You want players that want to play and not sit on their arse. 

Same as Weimann the other week, I'm not buying his excuse. 

Do fans really need applauding by the players at the of the game anyway? It's a nice gesture don't get me wrong as the atmosphere was the best it's been all season but they are coming off the back of a 10 game booing and walking out early. 

Are we really in a position to get offended when one player needs asking to applaud us?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Bryson will want to play football, not walking over to the fans I have no issue with, this was probably out of frustration coming on so late.

Do fans really need applauding by the players at the of the game anyway? It's a nice gesture don't get me wrong as the atmosphere was the best it's been all season but they are coming off the back of a 10 game booing and walking out early. 

Are we really in a position to get offended when one player needs asking to applaud us?

Yes. 

We are the fans. The life blood of the club. No fans no club.

Just now, David said:

Has anyone got offended, thought the thread was more around SM trying to get that bond between the fans and the players again.

Maybe you would have been more supportive of this thread had someone spelt a name wrong :whistle:

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Has anyone got offended, thought the thread was more around SM trying to get that bond between the fans and the players again.

Maybe you would have been more supportive of this thread had someone spelt a name wrong :whistle:

I wasn't offended, I was happy that they came across en-mass.  Like I said, though, maybe it's because I'd not seen a win in 6 month at home is why it was nice to see?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Those that don't boo and show the players/managers support deserve it. A sort of mutual appreciation.

Those that boo deserve **** all and I wouldn't applaud them if i was a player.

I like to be thanked for my support. It's been turgid this season and hard to sit there and watch. I was entertained yesterday and hope that atmosphere is back to stay. The miserable git behind me was still moaning for 90 mins so if he could just wind his neck in I'd be a happy bunny again. 

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I wasn't offended, I was happy that they came across en-mass.  Like I said, though, maybe it's because I'd not seen a win in 6 month at home is why it was nice to see?

I read it that way, I think someone is trying to drum up support for the upcoming election :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Wasnt he? Do tell, its the first i have heard.

I was in the Green Man with a few family/friends of Bryson who had travelled down from Scotland to watch Bryson play.

Brysons father-in-law received a call at around 11 from Bryson to tell him he hasn't been selected to play, needless to say Bryson nor his family/friends were happy.

I was then shown a text message received from someone close to Bryson which said and I quote "McClarens a "anker"

Maybe it was more out of frustration than actual disliking McClaren.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was in the Green Man with a few family/friends of Bryson who had travelled down from Scotland to watch Bryson play.

Brysons father-in-law received a call at around 11 from Bryson to tell him he hasn't been selected to play, needless to say Bryson nor his family/friends were happy.

I was then shown a text message received from someone close to Bryson which said and I quote "McClarens a "anker"

To be fair, there's still a few fans that take that view. But I'm sure they're glad of the 3 points.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Funny really. You see l thought the thread was more about Boycie trying to reel in Valley. 

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't know which is least surprising (a) a player was really upset at being left out of a Wembley showcase or (b) you found a group of Scotsmen in a pub at 11 am. 

Archived