Derby County v Brentford

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor stuff really, Carson did well and probably made his first real saves of the season, Pearce also did well with Johnson doing ok again apart from that not great but at least we didn't lose

seemed abundantly obvious that we need a strong big central focus up front as opposition centre halfs are having a very easy time.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

2 in 2 now for Fulham. Not bad for a player that has been written off by a few experts on this forum. :whistle:

Are you Chris Martins brother ? Massive fan of him, but he now does not play for us he plays for Fulham. They are in South West London. Maybe if he had scored 2 in 2 for us he would still be with us... The same player with an extra yards of pace would be great, I'm sure SM is not scared to ask MM when he wakes up tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Are you Chris Martins brother ? Massive fan of him, but he now does not play for us he plays for Fulham. They are in South West London. Maybe if he had scored 2 in 2 for us he would still be with us... The same player with an extra yards of pace would be great, I'm sure SM is not scared to ask MM when he wakes up tomorrow. 

No, not his brother or any relative of his either. Just a massive fan too and will remain so whilst he is still contracted to Derby County Football Club.

48 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Pearce is actually left footed and Vydra could be the best option.. So who plays left back for the U23, U19's... Basically none of them would have any chance of the first team as that adds up to 7 left backs.. Johnson can play left back.. Villa have just scored 

35 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Well he can't score.. Oops I actually meant Anya 

198331.png

anyasigning4x3129-3285110_613x460.jpg

No worries mate, easy mistake to make :huh:

8 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

HE IS ON LOAN.
LOAN.

LOAN LOAN LOAN.

We have not sold him, and could absolutely use him right about now.

Bring him home

themartin.thumb.jpg.10070387d63b64fc40f6df72945d58e2.jpg.dd927036eaf5338a65d96d8279e78e36.jpg

even Fulham fans are starting to come round
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=936puh9qosg4kcjs5522inpbe1&topic=56278.0

I think I'm watching a different game to some people on here and radio Derby. Sure that wasn't the finished product but our attacking play was massively improved from what was served up under Pearson, and we looked very solid in defence all game despite dangerous attacks from Brentford. All that's missing imo is that final ball and final touch is all that's really an issue right now, hopefully that will come. Having said that we NEED a new right back, Christie cannot hack it, decision making made me want to shoot him at times. Anyway my ratings

Carson:8- some great stops and good distribution generally, solid game

Chrsitie 2- absolutely dreadful, constantly picked the wrong ball, can't cross and always out of position

Keogh 8- very solid when called upon and good distribution

Pearce 9- absolutely Imperious, utterly unbeatable

Baird 6.5- generally solid but very slow and made some poor decisions 

Johnson 7.5- broke up play well with some brilliant balls at times however needs to get in the game more

Hughes 6- annoyed he got injured, although struggled all match tbf

Butterfield 9 MOM- contrary to others I thought he was brilliant tonight, always chose the right pace, touch was brilliant and created tons of chances

Ince 8- Did everything he could, looked our biggest threat and worked his arse off all game, even if not everything came off

Anya 7.5- lots of energy and caused the opposition real problems with his movement but final ball needs improvement

Vydra 7- worked immensely hard, people need to pick up his runs more, was very unlucky tonight imo, it'll come

Subs:

Bryson 4- valley Rams darling was as much use as a battered mars bar tonight, absolutely woeful passing and decisions, if Hughes was still on wed have won imo

Russell 7- brought extra pace and looks really confident, looked like he could score

Bent 6- barely touched the ball

Last thing I've got to say, I really don't understand people's vendettas against Ince. It seems people ignore his contributions and just automatically blame him for our problems, if you take your anti-Ince glasses off you'll see he was a big threat tonight. I really don't understand it, nobody mentioned how poor Bryson is but everyone criticises ince?! Is it because of his dad or what I really can't get my head around it!

Funny how Martin hasn't scored for Fulham up too the mcclaren appointment then he's now got 2 in 2 he'll be scoring for fun now till Jan then hoping he gets a recall :) 

on the game pretty crap tonight Brentford had a clear penalty that the linesman and ref missed ince missed a sitter from the through ball which Anya played all in all draw was a fair result

cant wait too see a fully fit Forsyth and anya tearing it up down the left wing....

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think I'm watching a different game to some people on here and radio Derby. Sure that wasn't the finished product but our attacking play was massively improved from what was served up under Pearson, and we looked very solid in defence all game despite dangerous attacks from Brentford. All that's missing imo is that final ball and final touch is all that's really an issue right now, hopefully that will come. Having said that we NEED a new right back, Christie cannot hack it, decision making made me want to shoot him at times. Anyway my ratings

Chrsitie 2- absolutely dreadful, constantly picked the wrong ball, can't cross and always out of position

Johnson 7.5- broke up play well with some brilliant balls at times however needs to get in the game more

Butterfield 9 MOM- contrary to others I thought he was brilliant tonight, always chose the right pace, touch was brilliant and created tons of chances

Ince 8- Did everything he could, looked our biggest threat and worked his arse off all game, even if not everything came off

Anya 7.5- lots of energy and caused the opposition real problems with his movement but final ball needs improvement

Vydra 7- worked immensely hard, people need to pick up his runs more, was very unlucky tonight imo, it'll come

Subs:

Bryson 4- valley Rams darling was as much use as a battered mars bar tonight, absolutely woeful passing and decisions, if Hughes was still on wed have won imo

Russell 7- brought extra pace and looks really confident, looked like he could score

Last thing I've got to say, I really don't understand people's vendettas against Ince. It seems people ignore his contributions and just automatically blame him for our problems, if you take your anti-Ince glasses off you'll see he was a big threat tonight. I really don't understand it, nobody mentioned how poor Bryson is but everyone criticises ince?! Is it because of his dad or what I really can't get my head around it!

Completely agree re our attacking play, much improved 

far far far far from perfect but we were actually stringing passes together in the oppositions half and not just letting shackell clunk it Forward.

decsion making and final ball was at times woeful but we are trying to do the right things again unlike what we've had prior to that, give it time 

And agree re Pearce rating, take a bow son, outstanding tonight  

It just wasnt going to happen tonight. I feel with Super Chrissy Martin those passes around the penalty area would have eventually paid off.

Trying to get him back from Fulham should be SM main goal this Jan. Is anyone even surprised that we lose Chris Martin and we lose our goals. Pearson was a half wit for thinking otherwise it could well stop our season from going anywhere.

It beggers belief that we have a player who consistently obtained 15+ goals per season and we let him go on loan to a rival. Then in his stead we are left with a washed up has been in Bent and Nathan Tysons younger slower cousin with Blackman. Its a joke and I am angry at Pearson the man in an arse.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Subs:

A few good points there ! Agree on Christie, he's not good enough for this level . Not improved and not got the capability to improve . 

Thought Alex Pearce was tremendous again , getting better with each game . MOTM for me . 

Better service required for Vydra and he will score , he looks sharp , definitely some potential there.  

Last note I thought Ince had a good game , looked our biggest threat and if stevie mac keeps that arm around his shoulder he will only get better . 

A point I suppose is better than nothing but we so rarely look dangerous that it is a bit disheartening. Charitably is was Will going of that meant we lost the creative element but it wasn't a great watch.

we are getting better at getting the ball out from the back but then we take so long to move the ball in our opponents half that it's painful. Always two touches never anything instinctive. Like cutting steak with a blunt knife in your wrong hand. Runs being made but we just don't make the pass quickly enough and the openings just vanish.

Carson .. Made some good saves. Heart in mouth when he turned that one round the corner of the post. Phew ! Kicking still needs improvement. Never seems to get to one of our players.

Christie (along with Bryson ) get the Tipex award for unforced errors .. How can Cyrus do the difficult stuff and then make such poor decisions for the easy bits. So frustrating as a player

Keogh and Pearce. Solid. Pearce my MOTM

Baird .. Did ok 

Butters .. In and out of the game some nice touches and runs. 

Bryson ... Tried but just too many mistakes. 

Johnson .. Played well. A few misplaced passes but looking more than sound.

Vydra .. Ran his socks off again but no one see his runs. He gets so few oportunities with the ball that he must be tearing his hair out.

Anya .. Played well probably our most consistent outlet / threat can beat a man with the ball at his feet. One great jinking run and cross that was inches away from nicked in. 

Russell .. Added some energy but to little effect

Ince .. Loads loads better than Saturday. Nearly scored from the free kick. One of the few who will play with one touch.

Bent .. Ran around a bit and wasnt offside

trouble with ince for me is he's playing in the wrong position there is no way in hell that boy is a winger he needs to be playing in the number 10 role just behind the striker or 2 strikers to get the knockdowns and run at players we all saw it best when he scored his hatrick ( was it Bristol at the ipro last season or before? ) 

good player in the right position but winger is definitely not it.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Subs:

Butterfield was brilliant?! I can't think of one thing he did that impressed me! No one was anything even close to being brilliant tonight.

Generally about 6s across the team, maybe a seven for Pearce who was good. And agree Christie had an awful game

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

A few good points there ! Agree on Christie, he's not good enough for this level . Not improved and not got the capability to improve . 

Though Alex Pearce was tremendous again , getting better with each game . MOTM for me . 

Better service required for Vydra and he will score , he looks sharp , definitely some potential there.  

Last note I though Ince had a good game , looked our biggest threat and if stevie mac keeps that arm around his shoulder he will only get better . 

Thank god im not on my Own haha

Archived