Derby County v Brentford

Bwash_Ram

I don't really understand our plan of putting balls into the box? Vydra, ince and Anya are almost impossible to find with a cross. 3 decent players but we're desperate for a presence up front. I like vydra and his effort but he's not a lone striker in a million years.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rich3478 said:

Butterfield was brilliant?! I can't think of one thing he did that impressed me! No one was anything even close to being brilliant tonight.

Generally about 6s across the team, maybe a seven for Pearce who was good. And agree Christie had an awful game

Bloody hell what do you want from a centre mid?! His passing and skill to beat men was brilliant, touch was spot on and always looked forward, clearly people see things differently to me, but he had me off my seat whenever he got the ball. I don't know whether you're expecting us to be Barcelona, but if that was 6s across the team I really don't know what you want

10 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Funny how Martin hasn't scored for Fulham up too the mcclaren appointment then he's now got 2 in 2 he'll be scoring for fun now till Jan then hoping he gets a recall :) 

on the game pretty crap tonight Brentford had a clear penalty that the linesman and ref missed ince missed a sitter from the through ball which Anya played all in all draw was a fair result

cant wait too see a fully fit Forsyth and anya tearing it up down the left wing....

Interesting take on the CM situation. I hope your train of thought is correct and he comes home where he belongs.

Only thing I'd disagree with is ince's rating, 

he worked hard, as per he got himself into some lovely positions but to me he's all fart and no poo. 

For the amount of ball he gets in good attacking positions but for he just doesn't do enough in terms of end product, although clearly he's so not alone in that right now.

that said I nearly lost it tonight with some around us, 

they had a corner first half that Carson plucked out of the air, he then hoisted it down the right, to try and get a quick counter, ince at full cry tried to take it down over his shoulder ..... and didn't, people around me were linching him for it, 

FFS the last time I saw someone do that was Dennis berkamp against agentina and it was one of the goals of the tournement, the way people reacted was like he'd miscontrolled a 5 yard pass ... Idiots 

(I feel better now that's off my chest) 

Well tonight we were far from our best we looked tired i think it is because of the battle to win against leeds. But we have managed to claim a point against a good brentford side. Last two games we have concered 0 goals but probleam is scoring them. I think we were to scared of going forward as birda was playing at left

Back i think they were conceared of leaving him on his own with pacey wings going past him.

Our defance is firmer than it was but once again alex peace did a great job so did keogh but did make mistakes.

Will huges was trying to make things happen like did on saturday but took heavy knocks and like tonight a heavy challege on him forcing him off.

Craigh bryson tried to streat there defance but he was left alone.

I feel tom ince did put in a shift but i do feel ince could pulled one of those ball through to vryda.

I feel sorry for vryda tonight he was trying to get in good position i do feel he would work well with Russell or a target man to hold the ball up for him that chris martin would have done that.

I would take another point on saturday against huddedfield town that going to be a tough place to go.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think I'm watching a different game to some people on here and radio Derby. Sure that wasn't the finished product but our attacking play was massively improved from what was served up under Pearson, and we looked very solid in defence all game despite dangerous attacks from Brentford. All that's missing imo is that final ball and final touch is all that's really an issue right now, hopefully that will come. Having said that we NEED a new right back, Christie cannot hack it, decision making made me want to shoot him at times. Anyway my ratings

Carson:8- some great stops and good distribution generally, solid game

Chrsitie 2- absolutely dreadful, constantly picked the wrong ball, can't cross and always out of position

Keogh 8- very solid when called upon and good distribution

Pearce 9- absolutely Imperious, utterly unbeatable

Baird 6.5- generally solid but very slow and made some poor decisions 

Johnson 7.5- broke up play well with some brilliant balls at times however needs to get in the game more

Hughes 6- annoyed he got injured, although struggled all match tbf

Butterfield 9 MOM- contrary to others I thought he was brilliant tonight, always chose the right pace, touch was brilliant and created tons of chances

Ince 8- Did everything he could, looked our biggest threat and worked his arse off all game, even if not everything came off

Anya 7.5- lots of energy and caused the opposition real problems with his movement but final ball needs improvement

Vydra 7- worked immensely hard, people need to pick up his runs more, was very unlucky tonight imo, it'll come

Subs:

Bryson 4- valley Rams darling was as much use as a battered mars bar tonight, absolutely woeful passing and decisions, if Hughes was still on wed have won imo

Russell 7- brought extra pace and looks really confident, looked like he could score

Bent 6- barely touched the ball

Last thing I've got to say, I really don't understand people's vendettas against Ince. It seems people ignore his contributions and just automatically blame him for our problems, if you take your anti-Ince glasses off you'll see he was a big threat tonight. I really don't understand it, nobody mentioned how poor Bryson is but everyone criticises ince?! Is it because of his dad or what I really can't get my head around it!

Good assessment - you could argue that pearce was a 10.

superb tonight. Mom imo

sell shacks - rawson as backup.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Bloody hell what do you want from a centre mid?! His passing and skill to beat men was brilliant, touch was spot on and always looked forward, clearly people see things differently to me, but he had me off my seat whenever he got the ball. I don't know whether you're expecting us to be Barcelona, but if that was 6s across the team I really don't know what you want

He didn't always look forward, think that's my main problem with him. Just everything that involves him seems to be really slow!

Actually think he's a really talented footballer, just don't think he suits Derby. We were at our best playing one touch pass and move football. This is the opposite of butterfield. 

Can't fault his effort and is decent, just we look far less dangerous with him in the side than we did with Hendrick for example. Probably an unfair comparison though.

My thoughts 

Butterfield was ok

bryson decent to poor (looks like a guy on his way out)

Russell was excellent when he came on

anya good

pearce just utterly terrific and that's an understatement

keogh fine

baird poor but got better 

johnson excellent 

vydra a menace but doesn't quite shake defenders and seems hesitant a bit but he's really good just not hit his stride 

the main problem was the wastefulness of Ince although he worked hard and Christie but in fairness brentford matched our endeavour

my biggest gripe was the negative substitution of vydra for bent. Prob should have pulled a midfielder and kept vydra in adding a second striker - wanted 3 points not one unless we are worried about relegation 

players played their hearts out

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Good assessment - you could argue that pearce was a 10.

superb tonight. Mom imo

sell shacks - rawson as backup.

Indeed you could, made one small error at the end but was utterly brilliant- I almost put him as MOM but I don't normally give it to defenders

Wouldn't sell shacks tho, he's still a brilliant defender and wouldn't get enough for him imo

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We barely managed a shot, not saying it was abysmal or anything but it wasn't great by any stretch of the imagine.

Think I'm just slowly realising that the midfield and forward line at the club is nowhere near the level it was two or three years ago. We create absolutely nothing in comparison. Think effort etc is all there, just think maybe sixth place is too aim for. Genuinely thought last few seasons we should be top two.

44 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Pretty boring. Important we didn't lose. Pearce MOTM. 

Needed more from Ince, Christie and Russell. 

Agree with all this, but we needed more from Bryson and butterfield too.  Bad luck with injuries with three left backs injured , plus hughes going off and now Wilson out, presumably back to manure. Bent is past it too. We just don't look enough of a threat going forward. 

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

He didn't always look forward, think that's my main problem with him. Just everything that involves him seems to be really slow!

Actually think he's a really talented footballer, just don't think he suits Derby. We were at our best playing one touch pass and move football. This is the opposite of butterfield. 

Can't fault his effort and is decent, just we look far less dangerous with him in the side than we did with Hendrick for example. Probably an unfair comparison though.

Well we all have opinions, I would agree sometimes the ball needed to be moved quicker, but imo there often weren't enough options, I'd say he epitomises the Derby way- very similar to Hughes and looked like Him at the top of his game today 

Pearce easily man of the match tonight, and I think he supported both Baird and Anya well at full back. Keogh also good but gave the ball away occasionally when trying to play out of defence.

Johnson also looked good to me although he faded a bit late on.

Ince best of the forward facing players, he seems to be gaining confidence already but he needs a lucky finish to kick start his scoring again.

I thought Anya was poor first half but seemed to play better from left back ironically. 

Butterfield the opposite, started well and did link up play but he slowed down towards the end. His passing is also far too slow at times.

Hughes wasn't playing well and then took a heavy challenge which seemed to finish him off - was he ever fit enough to start? 

Vydra worked hard but made some weird decisions to pass when he should have shot. Bryson  also covered a lot of ground but not always productively and he gave the ball away too much.

Carson solid and two very good saves - another one looking more confident. 

Christie - what an enigma - does something brilliant closely followed by something rubbish! Needs some serious coaching but will he listen and learn? 

Russell is still inconsistent but also drove on at times - brought some much needed energy to the game.

It was a strange match tonight - I  thought the atmosphere was a bit muted after Saturday and the football was a bit like the weather - on and off. At times it looked like we were getting on top of Brentford but then we lost momentum again. 

I'd have taken a point a couple of weeks ago but a little disappointed tonight. Still, the table is bunching up and we have another chance on Saturday against a Huddersfield side who play a day later than us and lost at home for the first time last weekend. 

COYR! 

Not a brilliant match to watch becasue some of the quality was lacking in decision making and also ability to find a white shirt. 

However, I can see the improvement on what Mac is already trying to instil in them, a few players not on the same wavelength also, but overall much improved. 

Second half you could see he'd had a word at half time about our complete lack of a ball over the top and moving it quickly. Much more of a threat although as I said final ball and passes not great. 

I like Anya at fullback with a threat to help on the wing but tonight Johnny was not it, he seemed to drift inside away from Anya so he was battling alone as a full back playing against 2. Anya almost single handedly created a goal granted, but should get much more help from his winger.

Russell for me may bring energy, but most of the time his performances have been like tonight and not the impact of Saturday, pretty much pointless  

Pearce great, need a man like that when your wanting at least a point on a rainy Tuesday night and very few of your team mates are playing any good. 

Vydra worked hard, we will start finding his runs soon, and he also dropped back to help much more than Saturday. 

Ince was a threat, I think people miss how much of a negative influence on his game Christie has. 

Christie poor. Don't like to knock a player and we know how much he relies on his confidence but he really needs to be taken in a corner and shown how to some simple things. He will be in space and wait to be closed down then take on a man, either lose it, or get a semi cross in under pressure when he could have had a clearer crossing chance. Sometime he will beat his man and still not cross it and try and take him on again. Almost completely nullified Inces game on that side once we were set in a half pitch attack. 

Johnson defensively great again. Made a few loose passes yes, but made it very difficult for them all game. 

Butterfield was a bit of both for me. First half again a bit negative but second half obviously had been given the green light to shift things on quicker. 

Some of our crowd need to realise that not every ball can be a forward one and the old adage of 'they can't score if you have the ball' is a good one and is applicable, especially when your team is not playing great and recycling the ball is a better option than a lump forward if there is no run in behind. 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well we all have opinions, I would agree sometimes the ball needed to be moved quicker, but imo there often weren't enough options, I'd say he epitomises the Derby way- very similar to Hughes and looked like Him at the top of his game today 

Yeah fair enough mate, I thought he was a lot better on Saturday so shows how subjective football is. 

Least we seem to be on the right track and gradually improving 

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah fair enough mate, I thought he was a lot better on Saturday so shows how subjective football is. 

Least we seem to be on the right track and gradually improving 

Couldn't make it on Saturday but it does seem he was even better then

I think we'll get there eventually, just need a bit of luck

Archived