The criticism we have got for re-appointing McClaren

Sexydadbod

20 hours ago, Muskination said:

Were you around when Shearer was playing?

I was around when he applied for the he Derby Job but didn't get it 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the ex-player pundits have their grudges as well as their little favourites (people they played with or are simply their mates now). Maybe somebody thought they got poked in the eye in a set-piece by Craig Burley in 2001 and have never forgiven Derby as a collective identity.

I think a lot of them thought we were being pretentious with the talk about the 'Derby Way' of playing and then we wobbled all over the place.

I genuinely think we are an unfashionable club as far as the media are concerned, and that's not just me speaking as a Derby fan. When we were flying under Mac the coverage was muted.

23 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I didn't know that! Scary to think we even interviewed him.

Is that common knowledge and was that after he'd taken the toon doon?

Don't think it was ever public 

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

All the ex-player pundits have their grudges as well as their little favourites (people they played with or are simply their mates now). Maybe somebody thought they got poked in the eye in a set-piece by Craig Burley in 2001 and have never forgiven Derby as a collective identity.

I think a lot of them thought we were being pretentious with the talk about the 'Derby Way' of playing and then we wobbled all over the place.

I genuinely think we are an unfashionable club as far as the media are concerned, and that's not just me speaking as a Derby fan. When we were flying under Mac the coverage was muted.

I actually think one of the positives of McClaren being at Derby is a bit of extra media coverage. It is after all an entertainment business and yes DCFC is perhaps perceived as an unfashionable club. Clubs from London, Manchester & North east are generally the focus of football media.

7 minutes ago, europia said:

I actually think one of the positives of McClaren being at Derby is a bit of extra media coverage. It is after all an entertainment business and yes DCFC is perhaps perceived as an unfashionable club. Clubs from London, Manchester & North east are generally the focus of football media.

To the media, stoke only exist as a cold tuesday night, for example, or as soon as leicester go out the champions league the pundits will gleefully forget they exist. 

I think the media has collectively been singing 'you don't know what you're doing ' at Derby County for some time now.

Maybe in a few games ' time owe should sing 'you do know what you're doing ' to the box.

That would be a good way to get behind the club and put the last two years behind us.

I think he has his work cut out. As long as mel and the board recognise and realise this and are patient.

Changes in ideas by Clement and Pearson have shown up some of our players for what they really are.

Poor mentally toughness, not flexible to changes in tactics and shirking responsibility when being asked to do roles which are slightly alien to them.

Im really anxious and interested to see what Macca is able to do in terms of emergency loans and the January window.

His transfer record last time he was here was very good when you consider the success rate of Nigel Cloughs signings, and the signings made since when Paul Clement and Pearson were here.

On 15 October 2016 at 10:31, McLovin said:

Is it me or has it been over the top? A lot of people in the media have criticised us and Mel Morris for appointing McClaren who is widely seen to be past it, a few examples include Alan Shearer and Jamie Carragher in his article for the daily mail. Carragher particularly criticised us for not appointing Ryan Giggs and almost blames people like McClaren for blocking the pathways for young managers like Giggs. It's easier said than done when it isn't your club, I guarantee that at least 90% of Derby fans wouldn't want Giggs here  Carra because he hasn't done anything in a managerial sense to earn it. I watched him as a pundit during the England games and he has such a boring voice who probably couldn't motivate a goldfish. We went down that route with Clement and it wasn't particularly a success, at least we know what we will get with McClaren.

On 17/10/2016 at 00:23, needles said:

Why? Seemed like absolute fact to me.

In any case, the original point was that 90% of Rams wouldn't want Giggs. I'd think that's be self-evidently true.

thats your opinion i am only saying people on this forum do not speak for the majority of fans just the self rightious few i did not want mac sacked in the first place but i dont say that 90% of fans agree with me that is only my opinion 99% of fans dont even know this forum exists so or dont care so lets just post our own views to which we are entitled

17 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

thats your opinion i am only saying people on this forum do not speak for the majority of fans just the self rightious few i did not want mac sacked in the first place but i dont say that 90% of fans agree with me that is only my opinion 99% of fans dont even know this forum exists so or dont care so lets just post our own views to which we are entitled

Why would you think a Derby County forum wasn't an accurate representation of the Derby County fan base?

35 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

there are 6000 members of this forum. If 99% of Derby fans didn't know about this forum, then at least 6000 = 1%.

Which would mean a minimum of 600,000 Derby fans. More than twice the (estimated) population of Derby.

Do you think Derby have 600k+ fans?

43 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

At the risk of sounding self righteous that is nonsense :whistle:

Archived