The criticism we have got for re-appointing McClaren

Sexydadbod

Giggs is  joke.

Irrespective of his footballing achievements anyone that sleeps with his brothers wife and cheats on his partner surely would find it difficult to demand any respect from most normal people,and obviously is incapable of making rational decisions,self discipline or moral conduct.

Low life ,unproven inexperienced  should be a part of his CV.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I mentioned in another thread, there is definitely a media agenda against McClaren going back to his stint as England manager. The clown pundits especially Shearer don't bother researching the facts about us, and see Derby as a small club that the likes of Giggs can go and prove themselves at before they move on to Premier League. Why would we want to adopt that model when we have Prem ambitions ourselves?

McC knows where his bread is buttered now, astute appointment from Mel who deserves credit along with McC for burying the hatchet to make this happen. Can't have been easy given how it ended last time.

Just now, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

For what it`s WORTH .

Kenny Jackett was very positive about Derby and Macs reappointment on C5 last night.

And there is the difference, someone who would have been watching Derby and knows about The Championship.

Not someone who thinks all other divisions exist purely as a breeding ground for The Premiership.

4 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

90% of this forum only represents 2% of fan base

It would still be statistically significant.

Opinion polls intended to determine voting intentions only use about 1000 members of the public at a time, and tend to be within 2 or 3% of the final result. They may not predict the overall result (i.e. who wins), especially when it is close, but they are never miles out.

Giggs schmiggs.

On 10/15/2016 at 19:51, Ninos said:

Not really because from the outside we've re - picked a guy who failed to get us promoted twice with a good squad, failed at wembley with an extra man, who botched up England botched up Newcastle. They're not living in our shoes having to watch Clement and Pearson football. It's fair to criticise but who cares if we play well and win. If we don't there will be a media feeding frenzy on him and us.

and I totally agree on the pundit stuff - Giggs don't seem too football savvy on there in terms of analysis either.

Maybe we could have given Peter Schmeichel a nudge then. Not a bad tactical pundit at all.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

It would still be statistically significant.

Opinion polls intended to determine voting intentions only use about 1000 members of the public at a time, and tend to be within 2 or 3% of the final result. They may not predict the overall result (i.e. who wins), especially when it is close, but they are never miles out.

Giggs schmiggs.

what utter tripe

Frankly, it counts as nothing that the likes of Shearer, Merson & others (who know nothing about managing and even less about DCFC) think it's a strange or weird appointment. I personally couldn't give a toss what they think, or why they think it even appropriate to comment. I can only assume they haven't really got anything else to say. Bored or just bitchy? Who knows... 

Similarly, I also don't particularly care how many managers we've had or will continue to have - they are all just passengers on the journey and I'm not bothered if sometimes they get off early, it's their loss as far as I'm concerned. 

What really matters to me is that my team is back en route to doing what I want them to do - producing entertaining football, win, lose or draw.

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 20:42, RadioactiveWaste said:

The world outside has such a dismissive attitude to Derby County it baffles me. 

I'm not sure about bringing McClaren back, but the blowback has been completely over the top. I think it has as much to do with Mel's Derby way of doing things as it does "he'll bring us success"

As for Giggs - why the hell should he get a top job just because he's Giggs??? Swansea looked at him but had a better option. Man U clearly are not going to give him the job unless he proves it somewhere. If Giggs wants a career as a manager, he's going to have to take a small job and makes a success of it then get a better job.

By comparison, Cardiff didn’t seem to cop anywhere near as much flak for appointing Warnock. 

On Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 20:47, Ramos said:

If he get's us promoted they will be the first to say what a great decision it was to bring him back. I'm surprised carragher realised there's a league below the Premier League.

Pundits have a way of predicting 100% of what happened last week.

Tends to be the way when you predict every possible outcome.

10 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

what utter tripe

Why? Seemed like absolute fact to me.

In any case, the original point was that 90% of Rams wouldn't want Giggs. I'd think that's be self-evidently true.

19 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And there is the difference, someone who would have been watching Derby and knows about The Championship.

Not someone who thinks all other divisions exist purely as a breeding ground for The Premiership.

Jacket is the prime suspect of having a word in Mels ear if it was ty Mr Jacket.Remember last year around this time all those amazing Sky pundits were giving Fester no chance of staying topnon of them has a managerial record to match Steves 

Theres a saying that goes Those that can do do those that cant teachin this case it should read those that cant coach become pundits lol

16 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

what utter tripe

I see that the Barnsley education system is still producing mathematicians of high calibre.

Archived