The criticism we have got for re-appointing McClaren

Sexydadbod

28 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap to what the likes of them say about our club then ? 

i never pay any interest too there clubs so why should they ours.

return of the Mac let's have his back and start climbing the league too where we should be.

Don't remember Carragher shouting up for Giggs instead of Klopp.

No mention of foreign managers blocking the way for the young talented British coaches/managers.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Is it me or has it been over the top? A lot of people in the media have criticised us and Mel Morris for appointing McClaren who is widely seen to be past it, a few examples include Alan Shearer and Jamie Carragher in his article for the daily mail. Carragher particularly criticised us for not appointing Ryan Giggs and almost blames people like McClaren for blocking the pathways for young managers like Giggs. It's easier said than done when it isn't your club, I guarantee that at least 90% of Derby fans wouldn't want Giggs here  Carra because he hasn't done anything in a managerial sense to earn it. I watched him as a pundit during the England games and he has such a boring voice who probably couldn't motivate a goldfish. We went down that route with Clement and it wasn't particularly a success, at least we know what we will get with McClaren.

how do you know you represent the views of 90% of supporters

Shearer managed 8 games, took Newcastle down and hasn't dipped his toe in the water since.   Who has Carragher coached or managed?   I drive a car every day, but I'm not an expert on engines.   The football careers of these esteemed experts doesn't seem to have given them the broad range of skills needed to coach and manage successfully - a far wider range of skills than just playing the game.   As such, their opinions on Maclaren for DCFC have no more worth than any comment I might make on engines...in other words they can b*****s

Carragher should be applauded for holding down a prominent role on British television with absolutely no concept of the language.

I was banging on about wanting a young manager last week - but I definitely wasn't referring to Giggs or Neville!

So we give the managers job to an Englishman and get criticised for not giving it to a Welshman (even if he did play for England juniors) if the likes of Giggs want to be a manager go and do it at the clubs with few supporters and no money where you have to sell your best players every six months rather than coming from the utterly spoiled life of a TV 'big club' 

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

What's really getting on my nerves is how shallow these negative articles are, with very little analysis of the situation. They all essentially boil down to making 5 points:

1)Mac was sacked by Derby before

2)Mac was sacked by Newcastle

3)Need more young Managers

4)Ryan giggs is a young manager

5) Mac = bad, Giggs = good, Derby = joke

There is incredibly little in these article to back up those points. Little to no discussion about why Mac was sacked or why it wouldn't be a good idea to rehire. Little to no discussion about why we need young managers coming through.Little to no discussion about why Ryan Giggs would have been a good fit for Derby or why he is a good coach. It's just garbage journalism.

I wonder why Giggs hasn't landed a job yet. There have been quite a few opportunities since he left Man utd. Could it be that he doesn't come across as any good? Swansea interviewed him apparently. Didn't impress enough for them.

Those Man Utd types remind me of all those 'actors' who owned 'Planet Hollywood'. They think their names are enough to deliver success.

1 hour ago, blackNwhites said:

Whatever happens in the coming weeks, months etc... I hope he's given time and not seen as a stop gap.

Also, if he does well, sticks around instead of sniffing around a slightly bigger club with a superiority complex.

Longevity please!

Yes, I hope he's not a stop gap if we win and win. If we don't I hope he's stop gap.:ph34r: 

Cake eat. Have cake too.

1 hour ago, barnsley ram said:

how do you know you represent the views of 90% of supporters

We could have a poll if you like asking whether people on this forum would have preferred Giggs as our manager instead of McClaren. I'm pretty confident that the majority would say no.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Is it me or has it been over the top? A lot of people in the media have criticised us and Mel Morris for appointing McClaren who is widely seen to be past it, a few examples include Alan Shearer and Jamie Carragher in his article for the daily mail. Carragher particularly criticised us for not appointing Ryan Giggs and almost blames people like McClaren for blocking the pathways for young managers like Giggs. It's easier said than done when it isn't your club, I guarantee that at least 90% of Derby fans wouldn't want Giggs here  Carra because he hasn't done anything in a managerial sense to earn it. I watched him as a pundit during the England games and he has such a boring voice who probably couldn't motivate a goldfish. We went down that route with Clement and it wasn't particularly a success, at least we know what we will get with McClaren.

What has Giggs done in management to earn the right to be considered a proper candidate for any championship team im sure there are plenty of lower league clubs who would love to give him a chance stupid me fancy forgetting his wage expectations plus isnt there a law forbiding a club owner having involvement with another club?.

Derby chose the best manager available within their budget.But these so called experts who live breath premiership forgot the small thing called FP system

Mcclaren gets a bad press cos he was england boss... Everyone does even Bobby robson. Also shearer still thinks he should be newcastle manager. I stated he has to make a living by talking sh1te on the BBC and tw@tter.

I read many of the remarks and thought they were completely absurd. None of them alluded to the fact that McClaren has been at the heart of most of the best football seen at Derby for the past 20 years. 

Shearer? A mag, he has to walk the party line and loath the ground Macca walks on.

Savage? He just resents the fact it was Eustace playing in that Wembley side and not him.

The rest simply don't know enough to even warrant listening to.

Macca is probably the most unfashionable manager around, which will make it all the more enjoyable, should we experience any success. 

I for one, am delighted. He should never have left in the first place.

Make no bones about it, The Derby Way is ver much The McClaren Way. 

Am excited again. Bring on Leeds! 

Who cares

The media have had it in for schteve since his England days and wally with the brolly. We've had the dutch accent, the live on tv moments and the micky taking when he was in charge of newcastle

he's a good manager and good fit for us, he has his faults and if he didnt he'd be managing barcelona or united 

Shearer, carragher & savage are all slagging him off but can they name a more sucessful English manager in the last 15-20 years that is still active? 

Final of a UEFA cup, won a league cup and won a league abroad. They all laugh at him but i cant think of a more sucessful english manager in recent times. 

Granted its partly down to the pool of english talent and opportunities they dont get but its still a fact. He's won trophies big sam hasn't, harry only won a FA cup the rest have won nothing.

soooo if they want to reword it we've appointed the most sucessful english manager in recent times

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere but my attention was just brought to this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/14/steve-mcclaren-admits-he-made-grovelling-apology-to-get-derby-co/

by John Percy.

"Grovelling" is a bit strong in my opinion, especially when he doesn't use any word close in any of the quotes.

Doesn't really help with all of the over-the-top criticism of both Derby and McClaren 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere but my attention was just brought to this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/14/steve-mcclaren-admits-he-made-grovelling-apology-to-get-derby-co/

by John Percy.

"Grovelling" is a bit strong in my opinion, especially when he doesn't use any word close in any of the quotes.

Doesn't really help with all of the over-the-top criticism of both Derby and McClaren 

Isn't Percy a Gump?

Archived