Get. Bucko. Back.

Robbie Ram

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

Well Bucko embodied much of what was good about the last Mac era and his injury towards the end of the 2014/15 season was one of a number of factors that contributed to us not making the play offs.

In terms of who he replaces? Well there have been 'stories' posted on here that Jason Shackell may not play for us again and if that is the case we at least need cover at LCB.

Bucko was often prone to a bit of shirt grabbing but anyone in doubt over his ability with the ball at his feet should watch the video of Will Griggs goal for Wigan a couple of games back - Bucko plays a 70 yard pin point ball (not a hoof) to play him in.

Bucko had a spirit about him that we missed when he got injured and there are often complaints on here that we lack leaders on the pitch - well Bucko is a leader.

For now Alex Pearce has earned the shirt but I would love Bucko back at the club.

Well thanks a lot for your genuine reply. It makes a nice change from all the facetious replies on here. 

After all, Shackell is actually older than him and Keogh not much younger either.

So he is hardly over the hill, is he now people?

Keogh is certainly no leader, much less a captain. Shackell appears to have shot his bolt here, while Pearce is just a competent spear carrier at best.

So, as you say, to make the new Mac era happen, we need a real leader on the pitch. And a centre back who can deliver a quick accurate forward pass, which none of the present crew can do.

Hence Buxton, who also happens to love our club and not there just for the big bucks like some of the others appear to be.

I would much rather have him back than Martin, who now seems another busted flush.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If anything sums up what is **** about English football, it's guff like this thread. Buxton is passionate, therefore he's better than who plays at the moment?

******* hell.

No, Buxton is a better ball playing centre back than Pearce and Shackell put together. That's why some people want him back. His passion and will to win is just the cherry on the top.

2 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Well thanks a lot for your genuine reply. It makes a nice change from all the facetious replies on here.

You don't think everyone else posting is making a genuine reply? Or even half when you take out the obvious p*ss takes? 

You really do have a problem with people disagreeing with you. Which is fine, except on Internet forums it's fairly easy to be offended.

Ill amuse you and tackle your OP anyway. Bucko in the 13-14 season was a revelation, exactly what we needed. Unfortunately we fell short. He was good 14-15 but injuries caught up with him (as has happened in his career) 

*its really important you remember I like Bucko as a player*

last season when he came back it was like watching a slightly overweight non league player. He just did not look like a player we needed to be challenging top end of the EFL anymore. Getting him back now would mean us paying a fee to Wigan for a player I doubt will ever be as good as he was.

Love the guy, but time to move on Robbie

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

No, Buxton is a better ball playing centre back than Pearce and Shackell put together. That's why some people want him back. His passion and will to win is just the cherry on the top.

If Bucko had Shacks positional sense, Keoghs pace, didn't pull shirts .. then he'd be as good as Igor  ... but he doesn't and he isn't.

No, Buxton is a better ball playing centre back than Pearce and Shackell put together. Tat's why some people want him back. His passion and will to win is just the cherry on the top.

11 minutes ago, r4derby said:

You don't think everyone else posting is making a genuine reply? Or even half when you take out the obvious p*ss takes? 

You really do have a problem with people disagreeing with you. Which is fine, except on Internet forums it's fairly easy to be offended.

Ill amuse you and tackle your OP anyway. Bucko in the 13-14 season was a revelation, exactly what we needed. Unfortunately we fell short. He was good 14-15 but injuries caught up with him (as has happened in his career) 

*its really important you remember I like Bucko as a player*

last season when he came back it was like watching a slightly overweight non league player. He just did not look like a player we needed to be challenging top end of the EFL anymore. Getting him back now would mean us paying a fee to Wigan for a player I doubt will ever be as good as he was.

Love the guy, but time to move on Robbie

Got the message?

Hope so.

Absolutely no problem with your post as it actually addresses the points made without getting too personal.

I've noticed that some characters on here only like to take the urine but then get seriously upset when replied to in kind.

Btw, he could still give this team a lot more than the fans' darling Martin.

Archived