Get. Bucko. Back.

Robbie Ram

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toddy said:

With the new rules in the box he'll be giving a penalty a week away.

I keep hearing about the new rules being mentioned. What are they? I assume it's holding a player and restriction of movement is it?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I keep hearing about the new rules being mentioned. What are they? I assume it's holding a player and restriction of movement is it?

Basically Yes.

A free-kick or penalty can only be awarded while the ball is in play.

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example.

Violent conduct is punishable by a red card even if no contact is made.

An offence against a match official will result in a direct free-kick or penalty.

I remember watching the Utd /Leicester game a few weeks ago and it was mentioned the goals Leicester conceded from set pieces wouldn't have gone in last season because of the holding and gabbing done by the defence.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Basically Yes.

A free-kick or penalty can only be awarded while the ball is in play.

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example.

Violent conduct is punishable by a red card even if no contact is made.

An offence against a match official will result in a direct free-kick or penalty.

I remember watching the Utd /Leicester game a few weeks ago and it was mentioned the goals Leicester conceded from set pieces wouldn't have gone in last season because of the holding and gabbing done by the defence.

Yes, I heard the last bit said too, thanks for the link.

Archived