The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Agreed .

To sum it up nobody knows how this will turn out. 

Just speculation at this stage either way. 

Which is what we've been doing, but with the added information that Martin has said he wants to return, has signed a new contract and GR expects to see him at preseason training.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which is what we've been doing, but with the added information that Martin has said he wants to return, has signed a new contract and GR expects to see him at preseason training.

I thought GR was very circumspect regarding Martin on RD and gave me a mixed impression saying to be fair he doesn't like to comment on players until he has worked with them. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I thought GR was very circumspect regarding Martin on RD and gave me a mixed impression saying to be fair he doesn't like to comment on players until he has worked with them. 

Except for the fact he'd already said he expects (although he did say you never know in football) him back and sees him not only as a no.9 but potentially as a no.10 too. I think he then realised he had to be fair with his comments and tried to sound even-handed, afterall where does this leave Blackman and/or Vydra?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except for the fact he'd already said he expects (although he did say you never know in football) him back and sees him not only as a no.9 but potentially as a no.10 too. I think he then realised he had to be fair with his comments and tried to sound even-handed, afterall where does this leave Blackman and/or Vydra?

Good point. 

He thought we have  too many number 10s already which is true we do have an imbalance in playing areas of the field within the squad 

50 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The thing that's annoying most people, certainly me is that nobody knows yet keep saying Martin will be at Fulham, or Wolves or Derby. I wish people would stop talking in absolutes and just say "I think" or "I wish". That way they don't make themselves look foolish like Toddy and a few others are doing 

I am going on what Chris Martin has publicly said when signing the new contract and what GR has said about wanting him and that he is part of his plans, pretty much fact. Not sure why we are discussing anything else to be honest.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am going on what Chris Martin has publicly said when signing the new contract and what GR has said about wanting him and that he is part of his plans, pretty much fact. Not sure why we are discussing anything else to be honest.

Because some people think that Fulham will be forced to buy him at the end of the season even if they don't want to and Derby will be forced to sell even though they don't want to.

And Martin who's not getting anywhere near as much game time since the window shut will pick the team that offers the most money.

Even though he just signed a contract. 

So everyone is going to be unhappy. There's no way on earth it can be sorted. Derby and Fulham have removed each other on Facebook. 

Unhappily Ever After

The End

:ermm:

47 minutes ago, curtains said:

That is what I thought.

I can understand him wanting to see him,but I would have thought he would have known what to expect.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

That is what I thought.

I can understand him wanting to see him,but I would have thought he would have known what to expect.

He think he can't give a diff initiative answer on the CM situation as it will be out of his hands regarding contracts etc. 

You are right he does know enough about him but was probably referring to attitude and fitness levels in pre season if he comes back as a guess. 

This saga will go on lol  

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

That is what I thought.

I think he knows what to expect (if Martin returns - even Rowett said that!) as he said he could also see him playing as a no.10, I think he had to remember we have other front players to and to sound like they're in with a shout at playing (not!)...

Just now, curtains said:

You are right he does know enough about him but was probably referring to attitude and fitness levels in pre season if he comes back as a guess. 

Well if it's the same as this season he'll be back two weeks early to start training!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Well if it's the same as this season he'll be back two weeks early to start training!

Very true but he was coming back from injury wasn't he and needed to get up and running early as will Craig Forsyth and George Thorne for next season  

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think he knows what to expect (if Martin returns - even Rowett said that!) as he said he could also see him playing as a no.10, I think he had to remember we have other front players to and to sound like they're in with a shout at playing (not!)...

I do like the idea of him and Nuge.

Who knows?

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Because some people think that Fulham will be forced to buy him at the end of the season even if they don't want to and Derby will be forced to sell even though they don't want to.

And Martin who's not getting anywhere near as much game time since the window shut will pick the team that offers the most money.

Even though he just signed a contract. 

So everyone is going to be unhappy. There's no way on earth it can be sorted. Derby and Fulham have removed each other on Facebook. 

Unhappily Ever After

The End

:ermm:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, is this war?

Archived