The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

10 hours ago, toddy said:

Everything I have written is factual just because you don't wish to believe it does not make not true.

If you are not to sure just go and Google what I have just written tonight and just maybe you might find how true it is.

You quite literally wrote a story last night about Martin meeting their hierarchy about a contract. How do I google that?

Its your job, and your job only, to back up anything you consider facts with a credible source. If you can't find it, then dont use it

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, toddy said:

So Fulham then said to us, if you want Martin back it is going to cost you x amount in millions to tear up the contract- we refused to pay whatever the x amount was and then went out and spent £2 million on Nugent. So the x amount must have been in excess of 2 million otherwise we would have paid it to Fulham.

So when you say that it was all about the money then Fulham were also only interested in the money.

27 minutes ago, toddy said:

It's either Fulham or Moulinuex, would prefer Wolves as we would more than 8 million -  it would give us more money to sort out this sorry lot.

So when is someone gonna tell GR that Martin isn't coming back?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That legal thing could be interesting if it ever comes out.

Perhaps we were not in a position to have martin sign a new contract?

I agree it would be very interesting if this ever came out. Martin, on a temporary contract to Fulham, was offered a new contract by us. It's certainly the first time I've heard of this (Wilshere at Bournemouth seems closest, but even then Arsenal had always said "at the end of the season").

Have Fulham kicked up a fuss about that new contract? They just seemed to be more bothered about keeping him until the end of the season. 

New contract or not, it doesn't stop any team from putting in a bid for him, or Fulham triggering the clause in the loan to have first dibs on his services, I suppose it just means they'd have to offer him as good a contract if not better to the one he signed with us?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That legal thing could be interesting if it ever comes out.

Perhaps we were not in a position to have martin sign a new contract?

I can only vaguely remember the Khan interview but he was adamant that Martin had done no wrong. But I see no reason why we couldn't give Martin a new contract if he wanted to sign it, and he obviously did want to.

What is the confusion here? Martin was on loan to Fulham. All 3 parties had to agree a permanent move. 2 of those, Derby and Martin, want him to come back to Derby. He has signed a new contract with Derby. GR says CM wants to come back. GR says he wants him back. He will be a Derby player next season.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is the confusion here? Martin was on loan to Fulham. All 3 parties had to agree a permanent move. 2 of those, Derby and Martin, want him to come back to Derby. He has signed a new contract with Derby. GR says CM wants to come back. GR says he wants him back. He will be a Derby player next season.

Doesn't part of Fulham's agreement with us allow them to pay so much to be able to offer Martin a contract with them? 

6 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Doesn't part of Fulham's agreement with us allow them to pay so much to be able to offer Martin a contract with them? 

Offer yes, but they can't make Martin sign. This was the point all along he has to want to sign for Fulham else no go.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Offer yes, but they can't make Martin sign. This was the point all along he has to want to sign for Fulham else no go.

Agreed, but a few posters seem to think it's black and white that he's signed a new contract with us, therefore will 100% be here next season.

I'm hoping he will be, but there's lots of time (in the football world) between now and next season. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why you so harsh on Toddy you will all look stupid when CM doesn't comeback lol. 

I have never categorically stated Martin *will* return to Derby. That choice is his. But toddy doesn't half spout some unverified nonsense.

The whole point of this is where Martin plays next season will involve him agreeing it, geddit?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I have never categorically stated Martin *will* return to Derby. That choice is his. But toddy doesn't half spout some unverified nonsense.

The whole point of this is where Martin plays next season will involve him agreeing it, geddit?

I think some of what Toddy says makes sense. 

My take on it is this. 

Martin goes on loan to Fulham on a 3 Million loan deal with an option for  Fulham to sign him for another 6 Million making it 9 Million in total at the end of the season after the playoffs.

No one is telling us if this is a binding deal and what was the understanding regarding Martin have signed for Fulham in these circumstances which would protect Fulham not Derby which is similar to the Wiemann deal at Wolves  maybe allegedly .

Derby extend Martins contract and he signs it so best of both worlds for Martin  .

Now regarding Wolves or any other club who is interested in Martin Fulham could sign him for the extra 6 Million and sell him on for a higher fee and Martin might get a better contract elsewhere even at Derby maybe allegedly .

Who knows but i think it may end up with the clubs legal teams .

These are my thoughts only so not fact just what I think  .

Chris Martin of course will have a say in this but it could be interesting particularly if Fulham get to the Premier League  

The thing that's annoying most people, certainly me is that nobody knows yet keep saying Martin will be at Fulham, or Wolves or Derby. I wish people would stop talking in absolutes and just say "I think" or "I wish". That way they don't make themselves look foolish like Toddy and a few others are doing 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think some of what Toddy says makes sense. 

My take on it is this. 

Martin goes on loan to Fulham on a 3 Million loan deal with an option for  Fulham to sign him for another 6 Million making it 9 Million in total at the end of the season after the playoffs.

No one is telling us if this is a binding deal and what was the understanding regarding Martin have signed for Fulham in these circumstances which would protect Fulham not Derby which is similar to the Wiemann deal at Wolves  maybe allegedly .

Derby extend Martins contract and he signs it so best of both worlds for Martin  .

Now regarding Wolves or any other club who is interested in Martin Fulham could sign him for the extra 6 Million and sell him on for a higher fee and Martin might get a better contract elsewhere even at Derby maybe allegedly .

Who knows but i think it may end up with the clubs legal teams .

These are my thoughts only so not fact just what I think  .

Chris Martin of course will have a say in this but it could be interesting particularly if Fulham get to the Premier League  

As has been said to @Ninos when suggesting Fulham will sign him then sell him straight away, why would Martin agree to sign for Fulham to sign for another club straight away? Why go to Fulham in the first place?

If Fulham offer a contract higher than his Derby one and the other club are interested surely Martin just uses all 3 supposedly interested clubs (here, Fulham and A.N. Other) as a bargaining tool to get a better deal at whichever of the 3 supposed clubs that want he wants to join.

He signed a contract to join Fulham on loan for the season. Fulham have an agreed fee to buy Martin, no deal has been made for Martin's contract at Fulham, so if Fulham want to sign him they need to stump up the cash to us then we will allow him to talk to Fulham about a contract, Martin can refuse this offer and decide he wants to stay and play for us, he could decide against joining Fulham and join a different club or he could sign for Fulham. That is where we are at. It is where we have been at since Martin signed the loan deal, it is where we are going to be at until;

a) The deadline passes for Fulham on their agreed fee (this may be the same as part d but I would hope we have put a date before the start of the season, hopefully 31st July)

b)signs for Fulham

c)Martin signs for another club.

d)The start of September after the transfer window closes and he is still a Derby player.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

As has been said to @Ninos when suggesting Fulham will sign him then sell him straight away, why would Martin agree to sign for Fulham to sign for another club straight away? Why go to Fulham in the first place?

If Fulham offer a contract higher than his Derby one and the other club are interested surely Martin just uses all 3 supposedly interested clubs (here, Fulham and A.N. Other) as a bargaining tool to get a better deal at whichever of the 3 supposed clubs that want he wants to join.

He signed a contract to join Fulham on loan for the season. Fulham have an agreed fee to buy Martin, no deal has been made for Martin's contract at Fulham, so if Fulham want to sign him they need to stump up the cash to us then we will allow him to talk to Fulham about a contract, Martin can refuse this offer and decide he wants to stay and play for us, he could decide against joining Fulham and join a different club or he could sign for Fulham. That is where we are at. It is where we have been at since Martin signed the loan deal, it is where we are going to be at until;

a) The deadline passes for Fulham on their agreed fee (this may be the same as part d but I would hope we have put a date before the start of the season, hopefully 31st July)

b)signs for Fulham

c)Martin signs for another club.

d)The start of September after the transfer window closes and he is still a Derby player.

I would put money on Fulham winning the playoffs and then we have a wholly different scenario.

Archived