The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

17 hours ago, toddy said:

He already has in August last year.

I'm sure you've been asked this before, and I don't know the details - maybe he has signed the contract last year; if that's true, what was the purpose if us offering him a new contract?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm sure you've been asked this before, and I don't know the details - maybe he has signed the contract last year; if that's true, what was the purpose if us offering him a new contract?

The idea of the contract came about because of Mac trying to unsettle Martin and Fulham, trying to get Martin back in January. all this business of Mac saying I would like him back we will have to wait and see.......This was before the transfer window closed in January, not sure who was the worse idiot, Mac for trying it, or MM for allowing it - don't forget they already knew Martin was tied to a contract until June.

There was no purpose to a contract extension at that point in time as Martin was a Fulham player unless it was to unsettle him and hope Fulham tear up their contract.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

The idea of the contract came about because of Mac trying to unsettle Martin and Fulham, trying to get Martin back in January. all this business of Mac saying I would like him back we will have to wait and see.......This was before the transfer window closed in January, not sure who was the worse idiot, Mac for trying it, or MM for allowing it - don't forget they already knew Martin was tied to a contract until June.

There was no purpose to a contract extension at that point in time as Martin was a Fulham player until June with the potential of Fulham signing him permanently at the season end.

if martin wanted to...jeez

clearly he didn't and signed a new contract with derby

in the words of ripley

''did iq's take a sharp drop whilst i was away?''

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

There was no purpose to a contract extension at that point in time as Martin was a Fulham player until June with the potential of Fulham signing him permanently at the season end.

The purpose was twofold - to show Fulham he wanted to play for us not them. And to offer him more than Fulham would if he was unsure of who to sign for - not that Fulham showed any sign of offering a contract for him to sign. They had that option (if he also wanted) but chose not to. So it showed Martin that we wanted him more than they did.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The purpose was twofold - to show Fulham he wanted to play for us not them. And to offer him more than Fulham would if he was unsure of who to sign for - not that Fulham showed any sign of offering a contract for him to sign. They had that option (if he also wanted) but chose not to. So it showed Martin that we wanted him more than they did.

No, Martin is on a season long loan at Fulham and Fulham have a contract to sign him permanently in June- nothing has changed. Well sorry something has changed and that is we are paying Martin 15000 a week extra to play at Fulham. 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

if martin wanted to...jeez

clearly he didn't and signed a new contract with derby

in the words of ripley

''did iq's take a sharp drop whilst i was away?''

The contract signing had no bearing on the contract Fulham have with Derby and Martin.

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, Martin is on a season long loan at Fulham and Fulham have a contract to sign him permanently in June- nothing has changed. Well sorry something has changed and that is we are paying Martin 15000 a week extra to play at Fulham. 

You'd think a businessman like MM would see a downside in a deal that costs him 15k a week and gains him nothing. I wonder if there's an alternative, more plausible explanation?

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

No, Martin is on a season long loan at Fulham and Fulham have a contract to sign him permanently in June- nothing has changed...

I agree.

What has changed is Martin now doesn't want to sign for Fulham. That's why we can talk of him coming back to Derby and why we increased his contract.

19 minutes ago, toddy said:

Can you confirm where you obtained these details from so we can turn pure conjecture and supposition into hard fact?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree.

What has changed is Martin now doesn't want to sign for Fulham. That's why we can talk of him coming back to Derby and why we increased his contract.

Oh and of course we now have no idea if Fulham still want to sign Martin.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree.

How do you know Martin does want to sign for Fulham?

Bearing in mind you all thought he was coming back in January and he didn't. 

The only reason we give Martin an extension to his contract was to unsettle him and for some unknown reason Mac or MM or whoever thought Fulham would then send him back in January. 

What I don't really understand is why they thought  Fulham's manager and their owner would just role over and send Martin back, just because Mac had a pkan and hence what their manager was saying in late December regarding Martin and his head been turned, and that was before the official offer of the contract had been made public.

As I said earlier Lambert wants to sign him but Fulham stands in his way, not Derby.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

Bearing in mind you all thought he was coming back in January and he didn't. 

The only reason we give Martin an extension to his contract was to unsettle him and for some unknown reason Mac or MM or whoever thought Fulham would then send him back in January. 

What I don't really understand is why they thought  Fulham's manager and their owner would just role over and send Martin back, just because Mac had a pkan and hence what their manager was saying in late December regarding Martin and his head been turned, and that was before the official offer of the contract had been made public.

As I said earlier Lambert wants to sign him but Fulham stands in his way, not Derby.

Well, it's martins choice primarily of course 

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

...As I said earlier Lambert wants to sign him but Fulham stands in his way, not Derby.

I don't and neither do you. All we can go on is what GR said about expecting to see CM back at Derby for pre-season.

4 hours ago, toddy said:

Just roll with it Toddy. First of all he's not very good; second, he doesn't really have some innate love for Derby, it was just him and mcclaren, the latter trying to spite Pearson. They offered him a secure packet of dosh, he accepted. Fulham prob questioned the legality of the overtures and the offer itself. Fulham were disgusted at what Mac did and even Mac himself tried to take the heat off an on strike martin by taking blame.

but the reality is with wolves wanting him, and Fulham possibly going up, the game changes completely. I'm convinced Fulham will either sign him and use him off the bench OR sign him and sell him on for a tidy profit, prob to Wolves. Anyone who thinks the Khans will play softball with us after all the shenanigans also believe in fairies and unicorns.

and then assuming a fantasy scenario of martin refusing to agree to going, Rowett has to want him back rather than going after his own preferred striking options

Bottom line . he ain't coming back so toodles

Archived