The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just roll with it Toddy. First of all he's not very good; second, he doesn't really have some innate love for Derby, it was just him and mcclaren, the latter trying to spite Pearson. They offered him a secure packet of dosh, he accepted. Fulham prob questioned the legality of the overtures and the offer itself. Fulham were disgusted at what Mac did and even Mac himself tried to take the heat off an on strike martin by taking blame.

but the reality is with wolves wanting him, and Fulham possibly going up, the game changes completely. I'm convinced Fulham will either sign him and use him off the bench OR sign him and sell him on for a tidy profit, prob to Wolves. Anyone who thinks the Khans will play softball with us after all the shenanigans also believe in fairies and unicorns.

and then assuming a fantasy scenario of martin refusing to agree to going, Rowett has to want him back rather than going after his own preferred striking options

Bottom line . he ain't coming back so toodles

You've touched on what most folk are missing I reckon. If Fulham do go up who wouldn't fancy that crack at Prem football? Martin would surely be very tempted if they want him no matter what Derby offer 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just roll with it Toddy. First of all he's not very good; second, he doesn't really have some innate love for Derby, it was just him and mcclaren, the latter trying to spite Pearson. They offered him a secure packet of dosh, he accepted. Fulham prob questioned the legality of the overtures and the offer itself. Fulham were disgusted at what Mac did and even Mac himself tried to take the heat off an on strike martin by taking blame.

but the reality is with wolves wanting him, and Fulham possibly going up, the game changes completely. I'm convinced Fulham will either sign him and use him off the bench OR sign him and sell him on for a tidy profit, prob to Wolves. Anyone who thinks the Khans will play softball with us after all the shenanigans also believe in fairies and unicorns.

and then assuming a fantasy scenario of martin refusing to agree to going, Rowett has to want him back rather than going after his own preferred striking options

Bottom line . he ain't coming back so toodles

Bottom line. If he doesn't agree to go to Fulham it's then up to Derby whether they want to sell him as he's contracted to this club. 

Nobody can stop Fulham meeting the agreed fee but it's up to Martin if he wants to sign for them. If he says no thanks it's up to wolves to meet a fee, likely in excess of £10 mil for Derby to accept the offer.

either way it was stupid to give him a new contract and stupid to make it all so public. 

Time will tell but those saying he will be here, at Fulham or Wolves are clutching at straws. For all we know he could end up at villa, burnley or be here.

love him or hate him, it doesn't really matter, you don't know and you won't have a say where he plies his trade next season

On 23/04/2017 at 14:33, McLovin said:

I've faced the reality now mate. Not a fan of Martin but there are more important areas to address for the time being. Getting a new top quality striker would cost over 10 million when we could use that in areas that need addressing such as right back, centre back, cdm and left wing.

Do you not think Abraham on loan is plausable? Maybe throw in an option to buy clause. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Interesting comments on CM on tonights RD Moan-in with Gary.

He sees no reason why Martin couldn't play no.10 role as well as the no.9 #poortoddy!

At least he has improved since being at Fulham playing two positions at the same time. :lol:

On 23/04/2017 at 18:22, toddy said:

How do you know Martin does want to sign for Fulham?

Bearing in mind you all thought he was coming back in January and he didn't. 

The only reason we give Martin an extension to his contract was to unsettle him and for some unknown reason Mac or MM or whoever thought Fulham would then send him back in January. 

What I don't really understand is why they thought  Fulham's manager and their owner would just role over and send Martin back, just because Mac had a pkan and hence what their manager was saying in late December regarding Martin and his head been turned, and that was before the official offer of the contract had been made public.

As I said earlier Lambert wants to sign him but Fulham stands in his way, not Derby.

I'll just make a few quick points that have not been picked up here:

1) Although we can't be sure that Martin doesn't now want to now for Fulham, it's never been said that Mac was the only  reason for him returning. He cited personal reasons, so that's reason for us to believe its not just a footballing issue? 

2) No one thought he was coming back in January, people were teasing you! The consensus was that if there was a chance to get him back then we should go for it because we missed a striker who held the ball upfront, since January that has still been the case and been blatantly obvious when Nugent hasn't been in the side.

3) No one thought Fulham would roll over, it was about trying to strengthen our hand.

4) it might be, like Derby, Fulham were also trying to strengthen their hand further?

5) 2+2 doesn't equal 5; 

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

1) Although we can't be sure that Martin doesn't now want to now for Fulham, it's never been said that Mac was the only  reason for him returning. He cited personal reasons, so that's reason for us to believe its not just a footballing issue? 

2) No one thought he was coming back in January, people were teasing you! The consensus was that if there was a chance to get him back then we should go for it because we missed a striker who held the ball upfront, since January that has still been the case and been blatantly obvious when Nugent hasn't been in the side.

3) No one thought Fulham would roll over, it was about trying to strengthen our hand.

4) it might be, like Derby, Fulham were also trying to strengthen their hand further?

5) 2+2 doesn't equal 5; 

His personal reasons :

1. £££££££

2. £££££££

3. £££££££

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

His personal reasons :

1. £££££££

2. £££££££

3. £££££££

1) like everyone else, we don't have a clue on his personal reasons

2) you're purely guessing someone's character based on...well what aside your own logic? It only works within your own biased set up of 'I don't like Chris Martin'

3) yawn

20 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

5) 2+2 doesn't equal 5; 

Point 1- Martin was never returning, he couldn't  as some of us kept saying in December it's a season long loan, there was no contract deal to return before June.

Personal reasons my arrse,  pure and simple somebody whispered  ££££ into Martins agents ear. 

Fulham informed Derby it would cost xyz to cancel Martins contract, Derby refused to pay Fulham compo and instead bought Nugent for  £2 million.

Martins agent asked Fulham for 28000 aweek for his player, Fulham refused again but silly old Derby then offered Martin the contract extension paying him silly money whilst he plays at Fulham.

You see its  all about the ££££££

Just now, toddy said:

Point 1- Martin was never returning, he couldn't  as some of us kept saying in December it's a season long loan, there was no contract deal to return before June.

Personal reasons my arrse,  pure and simple somebody whispered  ££££ into Martins agents ear. 

Fulham informed Derby it would cost xyz to cancel Martins contract, Derby refused to pay Fulham compo and instead bought Nugent for  £2 million.

Martins agent asked Fulham for 28000 aweek for his player, Fulham refused again but silly old Derby then offered Martin the contract extension paying him silly money whilst he plays at Fulham.

No one said he was returning! All anyone said was that we should try if there was a chance (and where did it ever say there wasn't?). 

The second is again set up in a biased logic, there's nothing factual there.

The rest again has no fact, no reliable source and after x amount of pages is tedious. Not saying it's not true, but your set up is 'I don't like Chris Martin and I'll use everything that works for me, and blow it out of proportion, while ignoring everything that doesn't means that it just simply doesn't work.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

So he couldn't return in January but Derby wouldn't pay for him to return in January?:unsure: 

Contradict yourself much?

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Talk-in was live on Facebook and can be watched again. The question for Gary about Chris Martin is at about 25 minutes in.

Refreshing how we have a manager who talks substance not fluff.

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Do you not think Abraham on loan is plausable? Maybe throw in an option to buy clause. 

It's quite possible that clubs may be reluctant to loan us players, especially for a full season. Just on the basis of our high turn over of managers. We can hardly be perceived from the outside as  a stable club. Hope I'm wrong because we are gonna have to utilise the loan market next season by the sounds of it.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

Oh and also please be aware that when you do just make up stories on what you think might have happened, people who may not post will still read that and tell a mate, who tells another mate and it's how stupid rumours get around. There are a lot of people who read this forum so atleast try and be factual when commenting on things 

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Oh and also please be aware that when you do just make up stories on what you think might have happened, people who may not post will still read that and tell a mate, who tells another mate and it's how stupid rumours get around. There are a lot of people who read this forum so atleast try and be factual when commenting on things 

Where's the fun in that #toddyfacts

All this talk about Abraham.

He's a 19 year old England U18 & U21 striker who's just scored more than a goal every other game for Bristol City while on loan from Chelsea where he's been since he was 8 years old.

I'm pretty confident that a loan is the very best you can hope for. Don't be surprised to see him at a higher level next season. 

Martin or Abraham is not the choice. One is our player. One most definitely isn't. 

Archived