The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We had no midfield runners, again Martin wouldn't have made any difference because he would have got man- marked and he today is the perfect example of when Martin has been frustrated in the past, remember forest away last season?

Disagree that we had no midfield runners today; Vydra, Anya and Ince all playing in central areas at times but they had nobody to make a run off. You could be right that if Martin played that Huddersfield might have focussed on completely shutting him down like teams such as forest have in the past but they didn't need to focus on shutting Bent, in fact they barely had to care about him at all.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not Martin's biggest fan and never really have been but I'll agree that he isn't the issue. Martin + Nugent as the striking options is better than Nugent + Bent. The issues are else where on the pitch like our entire defence, the protection in front of the defence and left midfield

Martin would have not made the slightest difference today even at his best ,, for him to link up and make things happen there has to be players showing for the ball , we have t then have players who can control the ball when he's played it to them, shoot or pass it accurately to another player to carry the move on ,,, I watched today with as close to a neutral eye as poss for a Derby fan and it's clear that as has been pointed out by others elsewhere our players are just not good enough , it's not desire ,we just ain't good enough we make changes ant the players brought in never show enough to grab a starting berth, it's gonna take time to clear out and rebuild , heard rampage say today that if rowett doesn't rebuild this players will cost him his job next season and he is right 

1 minute ago, archied said:

Martin would have not made the slightest difference today even at his best ,, for him to link up and make things happen there has to be players showing for the ball ...

Disagree, he'd have got his head to some of those crosses and done better than the poor attempts we saw.

3 hours ago, toddy said:

Doesn't make any difference Martin is off to Wolves anyway.......

Stop right there thought you said he's staying at Fulham too many times? Now you're saying he's off to Wolves due to some 'reports' and you believe that? I don't know what you are going to do when CM is here at end of August transfer window (:D

Martin would have made a difference today. Hes rubbish/bang average but Bent was beyond dire. We needed a half decent striker. Bent was Offside offside offside and he can't pass or keep the ball under any sort of pressure.

In a game where Huddersfield decided to defend, Martin would have linked well with flicks and 1-2s, even me his biggest critic can see this was a martin sort of game. 

41 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Martin would have made a difference today. Hes rubbish/bang average but Bent was beyond dire. We needed a half decent striker. Bent was Offside offside offside and he can't pass or keep the ball under any sort of pressure.

In a game where Huddersfield decided to defend, Martin would have linked well with flicks and 1-2s, even me his biggest critic can see this was a martin sort of game. 

With vydra and Martin we would have been more effective today,no doubt

11 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Wasn't aware you were involved in the transfer dealings for Derby. Was Pearson's idea to sell all our technical players for Yorkshire terriers that run around a lot but can hardly kick a ball yours?

Idiots are back posting again i see. :p

As for transfers dealing, yep I do know a few.....:lol:

5 hours ago, toddy said:

Idiots are back posting again i see. :p

As for transfers dealing, yep I do know a few.....:lol:

Ah yes, I'm the idiot. What does arbitrarily hating the best striker we've had since Howard and disregarding all the facts that disprove your opinion make you?

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Ah yes, I'm the idiot. What does arbitrarily hating the best striker we've had since Howard and disregarding all the facts that disprove your opinion make you?

Don't hate any one.

But I know Martin is past his best and has been on the declline since 2013/14.

Remember I also said he was good for us once, but we have moved on from 2013.

Martin is not even in the top 20 championship scorers this season..................

14 minutes ago, toddy said:

Don't hate any one.

But I know Martin is past his best and has been on the declline since 2013/14.

Remember I also said he was good for us once, but we have moved on from 2013.

Martin is not even in the top 20 championship scorers this season..................

Martin still top scorer at Fulham so can't wait to see him being our top scorer again for next season. :D

Archived