The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

1 hour ago, archied said:

Vardy chrisna,, ready and waiting for his next incarnation at Derby county , apparently he will be like a whippet this time round,,,

joking aside , he is a Derby player and it will be up to rowett to get him playing or get rid if he can't or deosnt suit what he wants from his team , will rowett be public enemy no 1 with some on this forum if Martin deosnt get in rowett teams or will rowett judgement be trusted?

TBH I am really looking forward to the chess game. On the plus side Martin is a great hold up player, can shoot straight, has a defensive bonus that he offers the team. On the negative side He is a bit slow, a bit mardy and plays for the free kick a bit too often for my taste. ... If he is up for it then he offers a great opportunity of being a pair with either Nugent or Vydra or even Ince in a 4/2/3/1 set up. Chris Martin in the right mood and form could be a Teddy Sherringham. I honestly think the old 433 only showed a portion of what he could do. Right now he isn't my favourite striker .. But you know, with the right partner and coach/manager he could be flipping brilliant. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, archied said:

Vardy chrisna,, ready and waiting for his next incarnation at Derby county , apparently he will be like a whippet this time round,,,

joking aside , he is a Derby player and it will be up to rowett to get him playing or get rid if he can't or deosnt suit what he wants from his team , will rowett be public enemy no 1 with some on this forum if Martin deosnt get in rowett teams or will rowett judgement be trusted?

It will be down to who he is replaced with, if Rowett does to decide to move Martin on. Pearson replaced him with Wilson, enough said really. Vydra was never going to be the player to replace him and should have been his partner.

In a strange way I think the year away on loan will be a positive as Martin will be coming back to Derby with rowett already in place and will be looking to impress him and win back his first team place as opposed to rowett coming in as new manager and perhaps dropping a first team auto pick if he felt that was the right thing to do for the good of the team , new managers tend to say that every players starts with a clean sheet but that is very much more so with the Martin situation , for me it could go either way , I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility that we may get a very motivated refreshed Chris Martin as part of our squad , time will tell , I just hope that whichever way it turns out that the fans and owner back and trust the managers decisions and judgement , managers have to be allowed to manage

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

On an unrelated note, does anyone like the Beastie Boys? I think this is a classic.

Yep and just as our players sabotage us

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Good. Less chance of him getting injured before he comes back to Derby.

I'm not sure he will be back now. 

I think Fulham have an option to buy him for another 6 Million and then they could sell him on to someone else for higher price. 

Will all rest with Chris Martin though but Fulham could play hard ball on this and buy him and then hold out on selling him. 

Archived