The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

8 hours ago, rynny said:

I realise you were probably fishing for some bites @Angry Ram but seen similar comments a few times and wanted to get that post out there :)

No not really fishing mate, I have stayed off this thread pretty much since it began. I have been consistent in my thoughts on this, let's get the play off team back and everything will be okay perception..

I answered another post before I saw your 'masterpiece ' but that pretty much sums up my views.

The club seem obsessed now with being a team that in essence failed.. Yes he scored goals, no disputing that but a decline was there. Positives and negatives with Martin, more negatives for me and some others.

Successfull organisations look forward, not back.

Will he come back, can he come back, contract details.. I have no idea.

Would I have him back? No.. Time to move on,

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Martin did not really 'hold the ball up', so much, yes of course at times. He likes to flick it into runners behind him.. What he did do exceptionally well was win free kicks by whatever means which resulted in what you describe above.

So in essence, I agree with what you say but Martin also brings many negative attributes with him. When he's on it, yes no problem but what I have seen over the last couple of seasons is a player who was on it less and less.. The hope that we get the same version as we had 3 years ago is slim.

I am sure our Director of football in Mexico can identify other players who can do a similar thing.

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-bandit-mexican-revolver-mustache-drunk-tequila-image19469410

Hang on a minute. Isn't that Nigel Pearson?

36 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No not really fishing mate, I have stayed off this thread pretty much since it began. I have been consistent in my thoughts on this, let's get the play off team back and everything will be okay perception..

I answered another post before I saw your 'masterpiece ' but that pretty much sums up my views.

The club seem obsessed now with being a team that in essence failed.. Yes he scored goals, no disputing that but a decline was there. Positives and negatives with Martin, more negatives for me and some others.

Successfull organisations look forward, not back.

Will he come back, can he come back, contract details.. I have no idea.

Would I have him back? No.. Time to move on,

Fair enoigh @Angry Ram (;)) appreciate the post.

I think the club tried to do what you do when your computer starts to play up, reset back to the last point where it was functioning at it's best (where possible) and then reconstruct from there. But I think that idea has gone out of the window as too much needed to change to get back there. Now Gary is in he is looking at what we have here and assessing what we need to progress forward. If that includes Martin then great, if it doesn't then we will need to replace him effectively because Nigel Pearson didn't do that.

I'm not sure on the decline part, he scored less in 14/15 than the season before but that was down to missong pretty much the last 2 months of the season, up to his injury he was on track to score more. Last season he struggled when Clement was in charge to score and part of that was as the season went on the further the team dropped, the more ponderous we becane on the ball and took more of a safety approach, which most of the team struggled with, yet he still scored 15 goals, 1 less league goal than Rasiak and Howard when we had previously reached the play offs. This season has been a bit of a cluster **** for both us and Martin, but he has still scored regularly when played, think he has a goal every other game on average.

Sorry for the long post, hopefully you are still reading :lol:

I am hoping that this post will take us on to page 100 ! 

It is a great honour to address the wardrobe analysts convention on this auspicious day. 100 up and still counting.

Come on you Rams let's move onwards into the next century 

I now need to lengthen this post to make sure it starts page 100 in style.

Chris Martin ... Is he an IKEA or is He a Chippendale original, or perhaps he is from some trendy Danish designer that you can only buy in west London ? Has he got hooks as well as a rail ? You'd have to ask Mrs Martin if he drawers underneath. He's from East Anglia so some reckon he's a bit agricultural, but then again that used to be Viking country full of marauders.

Will the derby faithful put bunches of flowers all the way up the M1 ? Or will we revert to saying Martin needs ball to feet at every other moment. Will Tom Ince bake him a cake ? 

This must be long enough for page 100 now 

12 minutes ago, jono said:

I am hoping that this post will take us on to page 100 ! 

It is a great honour to address the wardrobe analysts convention on this auspicious day. 100 up and still counting.

Come on you Rams let's move onwards into the next century 

I now need to lengthen this post to make sure it starts page 100 in style.

Chris Martin ... Is he an IKEA or is He a Chippendale original, or perhaps he is from some trendy Danish designer that you can only buy in west London ? Has he got hooks as well as a rail ? You'd have to ask Mrs Martin if he drawers underneath. He's from East Anglia so some reckon he's a bit agricultural, but then again that used to be Viking country full of marauders.

Will the derby faithful put bunches of flowers all the way up the M1 ? Or will we revert to saying Martin needs ball to feet at every other moment. Will Tom Ince bake him a cake ? 

This must be long enough for page 100 now 

It wasn't??.....Next!

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Martin did not really 'hold the ball up', so much, yes of course at times. He likes to flick it into runners behind him.. What he did do exceptionally well was win free kicks by whatever means which resulted in what you describe above.

So in essence, I agree with what you say but Martin also brings many negative attributes with him. When he's on it, yes no problem but what I have seen over the last couple of seasons is a player who was on it less and less.. The hope that we get the same version as we had 3 years ago is slim.

I am sure our Director of football in Mexico can identify other players who can do a similar thing.

You can't just reduce Martin's attacking contribution to winning free kicks  - he does hold the ball , he does spot passes that other are too slow to think of and he delivers an excellent free kick himself ( how many times have we scored direct from a free kick this season? ). His defensive contribution when the opposition take corners is also extremely valuable. Martin's decline mirrored that of our midfield , but he still remained our best scorer . His replacement this season ,Ince, is essentially an individualist and that is where some of our problems lie.

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

You can't just reduce Martin's attacking contribution to winning free kicks  - he does hold the ball , he does spot passes that other are too slow to think of and he delivers an excellent free kick himself ( how many times have we scored direct from a free kick this season? ). His defensive contribution when the opposition take corners is also extremely valuable. Martin's decline mirrored that of our midfield , but he still remained our best scorer . His replacement this season ,Ince, is essentially an individualist and that is where some of our problems lie.

WOH-WOH-WOOOOOOOOOH!!!

You do realise that without Ince and his individuality, we'd be below Forest and scrapping for our lives???

All other points agreed with...

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

Point Is this is 100% fulhams decision what to do next - and since they seem to think we didn't play nice I doubt they will. @toddy is correct.

Point is this isn't true, at all. How many times do you have to be told it is CHRIS MARTIN'S decision. Not Derby's, not Fulham's, not Tony Khan's. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Point is this isn't true, at all. How many times do you have to be told it is CHRIS MARTIN'S decision. Not Derby's, not Fulham's, not Tony Khan's. 

Tbf @toddy and @Ninos are partly correct, but are also partly wrong. Fulham do have a say in his future but not 100%, if Martin was to want to stay at Fulham they can say no thanks but it is the same the other way round, Fulham could say we want you to sign to Martin and he could say no thanks. So really the decision is split between the 2 of them. We have no say on his future unless Fulham decline to take the option of signing him permanently or Martin declines their offer to sign permanently, at which point he becomes our player again.

Archived