The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, toddy said:

£6 million and they offer to pay him above the alleged £30000 a week and he will not be back.....

HAHA!!!  You're moving the goal posts.  Yes, if he found the offer an agreeable one, then of course he could go to Fulham, but you were implying that if the two clubs agreed terms it doesn't matter what he wants.  

1 hour ago, toddy said:

£6 million and they offer to pay him above the alleged £30000 a week and he will not be back.....

Wasn't it in the same alleged articles that Fulham refused to increase his wages to £30,000 once he had signed? So why would they do it now?

Lets talk facts rather than 'alleged' and see how far we get

2 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

It is of course entirely possible that Martin will come back and be part of a tighter squad all vying for starting places.

I will happily bet you €1 that Chris Martin is in our first team squad (unless injured) come the first game of next season...

It's on like donkey kong 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Rowett saying all the right things but realistically he's got fat chance (Pun intended) of playing for us next season. 

Fulham could buy him

fulham could buy him And immediately sell him on

another team could come in with an offer

GR has to be dissatisfied with the striking combo that he creates between now and then

a betting man wouldn't put his money on martin returning and then starting 

Oooh, must really sting. I bet the prospect of Martin back in a Derby shirt had your frothing into your cereal this morning. Can I recommend salty porridge for you and Toddy? 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

HAHA!!!  You're moving the goal posts.  Yes, if he found the offer an agreeable one, then of course he could go to Fulham, but you were implying that if the two clubs agreed terms it doesn't matter what he wants.  

The clubs have already agreed, where have you been for the last 8 months.  It's whether Fulham take it up..:lol:

Ramsbottom? not sure you know your arrse from your elbow! :lol:

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

The clubs have already agreed, where have you been for the last 8 months.  It's whether Fulham take it up..:lol:

Incorrect both club haven't agreed anything. Carry on #toddybsfacts. 

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

Wrong... The clubs haven't agreed a final fee & Chris Martin would also have to agree to any deal that would take place between the clubs. 

18 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Wrong... The clubs haven't agreed a final fee & Chris Martin would also have to agree to any deal that would take place between the clubs. 

Is this actually true? I think Toddy might be right here.

He is on loan with a view to a permanent move which means the fee would have been agreed already. £3m loan fee with £6m to seal the deal according to the DET.

If Fulham activate this and Martin agrees a deal with them there is little Derby can do. 

What we have done is given him a new contract  and a lot of love in the hope he returns, with him on the Fulham bench, Aluko in form they are not exactly trying to woo him into staying.

If something has come out which I've not seen link me up pleasey 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39421938

Has this been posted yet?

Manager Gary Rowett says Derby County are still not out of the Championship play-off picture despite being nine points adrift of the top six with eight games remaining.

The Rams are at home to QPR on Friday night and could close the gap to six points prior to Saturday's fixtures.

Rowett said: "You shouldn't be in that dressing room if you didn't think there is at least a chance.

"But you do not look at the end goal. We'll break it down into small chunks."

Meanwhile, Rowett said he expected striker Chris Martin, who is on loan at Fulham, to return to the club for next season.

"I see Chris Martin as nothing other than a Derby player next season," Rowett said.

GR has taken a professional but mostly neutral position on Martin. He's our player for now and he's on loan but he may come back, he may not. Up to Fulham.  I imagine if Fulham get promoted they'll actually try buying him and selling him on for a profit as a non playing premier league player ala Vydra. Fair play to Fulham if they can spin a profit on this deal after the new contract offer fiasco.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Is this actually true? I think Toddy might be right here.

He is on loan with a view to a permanent move which means the fee would have been agreed already. £3m loan fee with £6m to seal the deal according to the DET.

If Fulham activate this and Martin agrees a deal with them there is little Derby can do. 

What we have done is given him a new contract  and a lot of love in the hope he returns, with him on the Fulham bench, Aluko in form they are not exactly trying to woo him into staying.

If something has come out which I've not seen link me up pleasey 

I don't think rowett would be saying the things he is if Fulham actually have the final say on all of this. From reading reports now, when he signed his contract extension and when he first joined Fulham, I believe he signed a loan deal that involved an option for Fulham to buy, but that still requires a signature from Martin to complete. 

I think even if Fulham go up Martin will come back. His reasons for trying to get back to derby is definitely beyond football and more to do with family. If what rowett said is true, even as recent as this week Martin has expressed his desire to come back. 

Id be very surprised to not see Martin back at derby next season. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I imagine if Fulham get promoted they'll actually try buying him and selling him on for a profit as a non playing premier league player ala Vydra. Fair play to Fulham if they can spin a profit on this deal after the new contract offer fiasco.

Can you really see them doing that though?

Having already taken a £3m hit, are they going to risk spending another £6m in the hope they can turn a profit. 

I mean he's a poor striker right? Doesn't offer anything, what club will spend over £9m on Martin? Toddy was trying to convince us a few pages back he's only worth £3m now after such a poor season he's had with just 10 goals.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Hello again. It's not made up fantasy. I didn't portray my thoughts as fact, hence why l said "it wouldn't surprise me if Gary Rowett is not a fan of Martin". For balance, if it keeps you happy, it wouldn't surprise me if Gary Rowett is a fan of Martin. Martin does polarise opinion doesn't he?

You suggested previously that l had some kind of agenda against Martin. Not true, l can take him or leave him in truth, but l am worried for him about his return - rarely does someone returning to a club work out. We'll see. Anyway, for clarity, I confirm that my position is somewhere to the far right of @rynny and @cannable and somewhere to the far left of @Ninos and @toddy.  I hope that helps your understanding.

LOL  never thought they were 'facts'  ( they clearly weren't)- you were boosting your thoughts/opinions  by linking them with what you erroneously hoped Rowett might think.

Don't care what position you take on the spectrum of opinion cos it aint that important.But ill-informed judgements deserve criticism. That's what the forum is for.

Just now, Ramos said:

I don't think rowett would be saying the things he is if Fulham actually have the final say on all of this. From reading reports now, when he signed his contract extension and when he first joined Fulham, I believe he signed a loan deal that involved an option for Fulham to buy, but that still requires a signature from Martin to complete. 

I think even if Fulham go up Martin will come back. His reasons for trying to get back to derby is definitely beyond football and more to do with family. If what rowett said is true, even as recent as this week Martin has expressed his desire to come back. 

Id be very surprised to not see Martin back at derby next season. 

After the contract signed Fulham said the situation hasn't changed, now I know nobody wants to believe a word they say but they didn't return him, maybe in hope they could convince him to stay? 

Obviously hasn't worked out and it sounds to me Rowett is talking from positive talks with Martin who has confirmed he's still coming back.

I honestly can't see Martin staying at Fulham promotion or not as well, but I've seen nothing to suggest they don't have the option there still. 

19 minutes ago, Ninos said:

GR has taken a professional but mostly neutral position on Martin. He's our player for now and he's on loan but he may come back, he may not. Up to Fulham.  I imagine if Fulham get promoted they'll actually try buying him and selling him on for a profit as a non playing premier league player ala Vydra. Fair play to Fulham if they can spin a profit on this deal after the new contract offer fiasco.

Interesting definition of neutral:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/chris-martin-part-of-my-future-plans-says-derby-county-boss-gary-rowett/story-30232944-detail/story.html

Chris Martin part of my future plans, says Derby County boss Gary Rowett

"I had a good conversation with Chris in the week," said the Rams boss.

"I think he is looking forward to coming back and being part of what we are doing.

"I have read some reports recently that I am going to imminently sell him. That is certainly not the case.

"With Chris, it was a case of: 'Look, we can't wait to get you back. Hopefully, you are looking forward to coming back. You are Derby County's player until someone says otherwise'.

"I told him one or two things that we would like to try to do next year and told him how we see him as part of that - and he seemed really enthused by what we were talking about."

Archived