The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

On 3/24/2017 at 17:42, toddy said:

All these excuses of Martin goals per minutes on the pitch nonsense, OK how many golden boot/shoes winners have there been that have won it based on minutes played on a pitch?

None!

All that matters when judging a strikers goal scoring record is goals scored per season end.

LMFAO. Nuff said.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Carson

New RB Keogh New CB  Forsyth

Thorne     Hughes

Ince            Vydra          New LW

Martin

I like that ! Although I have no probs with Pearce at CB and Johnny for all his weaknesses is a team player 

I am sad about Christie but he should be getting better but isn't 

this squad isn't far away once the walking wounded are fit and a flexible intelligent man manager gets to grips with them.

3 hours ago, David said:

You realise football is a team game right? Whilst building the team you need create mini partnerships all over the pitch between players that work well together.

Of course, but you don't build a whole team around one player who's not even consistent. And then when he's hurt then what? People are hoping and/or implying that GR will try to replicate Mcclaren, is what is happening here, and of course thats just really naive. All this stems from a repressed mindset of select dcfc forum fans who've had to live with such dross that some temporary magic formed with Fozzy, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson Russell Thorne and Martin in a 4-3-3, becomes the epitome of great football? It was exciting at times, but it was obviously flawed. For me, reproducing it will not get us promoted anyway so the whole build around Martin thing is so dumb its ridiculous. Id rather take a chance on GR creating something totally new, than trying to go back to that, and I am just pointing out that reconstituting a martin-centered mcclaren 1 team is very unlikely under GR.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

It's pretty sad that the martin admirers have to find other players to make Martin work properly. First it was Bryson, now it's Vydra? Says it all really. It's over for Martin - he's the consummate bad attitude SOFT teddy bear player who rarely puts a shift in. It's toast for him at Derby if GR actually implements anything close to what he appears to believe.

My post is literally about how I think we'll play better if we have two central players more similar to Strikers than our current system offers, you could genuinely replace a lot of what I'd said about Martin with Nugent and it would be just as relevant.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

It's pretty sad that the martin admirers have to find other players to make Martin work properly. First it was Bryson, now it's Vydra? Says it all really. It's over for Martin - he's the consummate bad attitude SOFT teddy bear player who rarely puts a shift in. It's toast for him at Derby if GR actually implements anything close to what he appears to believe.

I like how you're not even trying to disguise your wummery any more!

Of all your posts, in which there's glimpses of some half decent thinking (me being generous), this one is the most laughable, what with football being a team sport and all that.

I'm out. It's not even worth dignifying with a counter argument any more.

51 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Of all your posts, in which there's glimpses of some half decent thinking (me being generous), this one is the most laughable, what with football being a team sport and all that.

Ouch! :lol:

55 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Awwww you're so ... cute. Don't dignify half decent arguments is generally a good rule.

seriously though, you think he's a tough guy, someone who intimidates the opposition defences? I can only ever recall him getting a card for dissent and play acting. He's soft as custard.

41 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Awwww you're so ... cute. Don't dignify half decent arguments is generally a good rule.

seriously though, you think he's a tough guy, someone who intimidates the opposition defences? I can only ever recall him getting a card for dissent and play acting. He's soft as custard.

Custard isn't soft, it's sticky and jiggly 

Archived