No interviews

IlsonDerby

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

We need to hound mel out the club and let another mega rich fan take over the club. But of his successor doesn't get instant results, there will be hell to pay.

Didn't Mel say Clement was our Ferguson, didn't he say Pearson was the right man for the job 4 days before the suspension?

Chopping and changing managers usually doesn't lead to instant success.

Chairmen need to let managers manage - otherwise..............

12 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Maybe "disgrace" was a bit far (to be honest I'm just intrigued to see if I'll get a threatening PM if I go over the top with criticism)

We're not trying to prevent criticism. Just don't make it personal and don't speculate on the reasons for actions - namely because speculation results in allegations of someone did or said something and whether or not it's acceptable to suspend a staff member for that action. Inadvertently you take sides in an employment/legal matter.

You can disapprove of Mels behaviour as long as you don't then start throwing in personal insults. 

For the record I'm very alarmed about recent actions, am prepared to wait for more details if they are given, sincerely hope that normal radio service resumes for the next game and we can move on. But from a publicity perspective it's an own goal. I'm worried about Mel and his actions, am prepared to wait and see what if anything is said, but I'm of the opinion I'm hearing too much news about the club that's not related to on the pitch activities, which is very concerning.

A run of decent performances and reasonable results and hopefully things will calm down a bit.

What a load of cods wallop all this speculation is. No one from the club did an interview with radio Derby ooohhh!! Big deal!!

This is how the interview may have gone.

RD : So you ended up drawing due to a last minute goal.

CP : Yep.

RD : Thank you Chris. Now over to our favourite team Burton.

Just now, Gritters said:

What a load of cods wallop all this speculation is. No one from the club did an interview with radio Derby ooohhh!! Big deal!!

This is how the interview may have gone.

RD : So you ended up drawing due to a last minute goal.

CP : Yep.

RD : Thank you Chris. Now over to our favourite team Burton.

Don't be so shortsighted. You may not have been interested in any potential interviews from yesterday's game, but there may be topics involving Derby County that interest you in the future and you're arguing that it's fine for the club to set this kind of precedent and ignore the local media when it suits them.

Just now, Anon said:

Don't be so shortsighted. You may not have been interested in any potential interviews from yesterday's game, but there may be topics involving Derby County that interest you in the future and you're arguing that it's fine for the club to set this kind of precedent and ignore the local media when it suits them.

I see it like this. If the club don't want to talk about a match 30 mins after the final whistle then fine. If the club doesn't want to comment on a pending disciplinary then I think that is the right thing to do.

Ultimately it is at the clubs discretion what interviews it does outside its contractual obligations. 

No big deal. It just generates 33+ pages of cods wallop on here.

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I see it like this. If the club don't want to talk about a match 30 mins after the final whistle then fine. If the club doesn't want to comment on a pending disciplinary then I think that is the right thing to do.

Ultimately it is at the clubs discretion what interviews it does outside its contractual obligations. 

Daily Mirror exposé tomorrow...

"Radio Derby and DCFCFans website in clickbait scandal"

@David, we should be told.

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Fair point that the club isn't obligated, but it makes them look petty and small minded.

They're already doing interviews with Sky, so why should it be a massive imposition to simply repeat the same things to local radio?

If I felt Radio Derby had overstepped the mark I might be able to understand, but they've said nothing particularly inflammatory. They've hosted irate callers, but is the club really pushing for local radio to censor fans now?

45 minutes ago, eddie said:

The Monday evening drone-in will be interesting.

As will the fact that we now have the borefest that is a 2 week international break means that there will be nothing to knock this speculation off the top of the forum listings.  Big own goal from the club.

39 minutes ago, Anon said:

Fair point that the club isn't obligated, but it makes them look petty and small minded.

They're already doing interviews with Sky, so why should it be a massive imposition to simply repeat the same things to local radio?

If I felt Radio Derby had overstepped the mark I might be able to understand, but they've said nothing particularly inflammatory. They've hosted irate callers, but is the club really pushing for local radio to censor fans now?

I think we need to see the outcome and wait for a statement from the club. If one doesn't appear then I think it's justified to criticise the club. The problem we have is even when the club or MM give a statement only 50% of the people believe it.

35 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd always assumed Radio Derby pay the club for the right to cover games, and the post match interview was a part of that contract.

Is that not the case?

I'm no expert on this but I'd suspect the BBC pays the league to cover games a bit like sky do with the TV. I then believe that the club has a post match press conference which they are obliged to do. Any interviews with Radio Derby are based upon good will and now it looks like IF we win.

I suspect there's a reason behind the no interview yesterday and it may be as simple as Chris was that pissed off with conceding in the last minute he didn't feel up to an interview. The other reason could be while the NP disciplinary is going on no one can talk to the press.

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I'm no expert on this but I'd suspect the BBC pays the league to cover games a bit like sky do with the TV. I then believe that the club has a post match press conference which they are obliged to do. Any interviews with Radio Derby are based upon good will and now it looks like IF we win.

I suspect there's a reason behind the no interview yesterday and it may be as simple as Chris was that pissed off with conceding in the last minute he didn't feel up to an interview. The other reason could be while the NP disciplinary is going on no one can talk to the press.

Were there any players interviewed? Darren wassall did an interview after we conceded 3 late goals against Rotherham. 

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Oh I'm pleased he cheered up enough to do the interviews with everyone else, must have been a quick process.

30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Except they did do interviews with everyone else - just not Radio Derby.

Archived