No interviews

IlsonDerby

Just now, Phoenix said:

I've missed something. What was this petty reason?

A talksport Journo reported RD called the club a soap opera not sure if it was today or previous show, Powell was able to give interviews to national media but they banned RD.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

And anyway I think Radio Derby could have prevented all of this if they'd been less mardy. 

If they'd said 'sorry we aren't able to bring you interviews today' instead of 'The club have refused to speak to Radio Derby' non of this thread would have been written. They wanted the controversy 

From what I have seen Radio Derby have acted professionally after whatever happened occurred.  It takes some spin to blame them for this.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Mel hasn't actually said very much at all since the Clement dismissal and his character assassination over 'The Derby Way' - yet you seem to attribute everything bad, from the weather to Keogh's defending, to him personally.

The fact that you have heard 'so many different rumours' says everything to me. Nobody knows anything, so they are making things up - then they are attributing blame for them all to Mel irrespective of whether they are true or not.

I suppose that even though they are different, there will be some people who choose to believe them all because it suits their agenda.

That's my point. People are making stuff up because no one actually knows. Do we deserve to know? Or should Mel just be allowed to run it like a multi national, and do as he wishes? If it's the latter then that's not a football club. That's a McDonalds franchise. 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

A talksport Journo reported RD called the club a soap opera not sure if it was today or previous show, Powell was able to give interviews to national media but they banned RD.

Is that the reason, or the speculated reason?

2 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

From what I have seen Radio Derby have acted professionally after whatever happened occurred.  It takes some spin to blame them for this.

Not really. IMO they shouldn't have said what they said, they should have known there would be fan meltdown 

Just now, YouRams said:

Geoff Peters his name is, tweeted a fan saying it's 100% accurate or he'd not of posted. 

I listen to TS quite a bit and have listened to his Football League show a few times.  He is a proud Leicester fan - Talksport encourage their presenters to share who they support - but he isn't biased in my experience.

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

Not really. IMO they shouldn't have said what they said, they should have known there would be fan meltdown 

So they should have lied? And then when it came out that DCFC had snubbed them, what then? Get REAL.

16 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Honestly don't know what's happened. The feel good factor around our club has been shattered, the club are doing a very good job of pushing fans away. And to try and censor a local radio station for such a petty reason is absurd.

You admit to not knowing whats happened then proceed to criticise the Club for censoring RD based on what?  What was the petty reason then?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

You admit to not knowing whats happened then proceed to criticise the Club for censoring RD based on what?  What was the petty reason then?

Read my next posts. Censoring is the wrong wording but I'd guess that's the way it will go based on not letting them have an interview today. 

4 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

not a chance. Next thing they get a load of dog's abuse on all forms of social media for not having interviews with Derby County, but still having interviews with Burton Albion and other local clubs. Their job is to report as close as they can, the facts, and the facts were that they were told they wouldn't get an interview. Why not report it?

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

As you have said, none of us on here know so whichever side we want to believe, at the end of the day we're all just guessing

You got last bit spot on. Guesswork. 

25 minutes ago, Boycie said:

really?

Yep. Ashley gets bad publicity for his business ownership granted, but he now stays very much behind the scenes up at Newcastle. There is a steady ship going on up there and a good vibe in that city.

We have a guy sacking managers too frequently, withholding information I think supporters have a right to know and not restricting the local press because it appears he didn't like what they said. (Even if he didn't make the decision, he is responsible).

As a club we are being slaughtered in the National press, sit in a shocking league position, I don't see a bright future and it's on his watch.

So that is my reasoning.

Archived