Rejoice!

utisbug

For those that never wanted Pearson. For those out there that thought he was the wrong choice from the start. For those that are now glad to see  the back of him for good (presumably) and are unashamedly delighted about it. Feel free to lord it up in here. Find a safe haven from the deluded and envious in this forum and spout all you wish. The dour weirdo is done! Thank god.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, utisbug said:

For those that never wanted Pearson. For those out there that thought he was the wrong choice from the start. For those that are now glad to see  the back of him for good (presumably) and are unashamedly delighted about it. Feel free to lord it up in here. Find a safe haven from the deluded and envious in this forum and spout all you wish. The dour weirdo is done! Thank god.

Whenever anybody posts saying stuff like 'I never wanted Pearson in the first place' or 'I knew this would happen' I usually have a quick nosy through their old posts to just double check because quite a lot on here say they knew things would happen but didn't actually say that back when a manager was appointed or player signed. Fair play though, you predicted it spot on, that he'd change our style and was overrated because of his time at Leicester. However, I did come across this and couldn't help but 'quote you on that.' :lol:

On 30/03/2016 at 15:44, utisbug said:

Its very naive for anybody on here to suggest Aston Villa will be better off than Derby County next season in any regard other than maybe financially, and realistically, whoever takes over at Derby will spend more next season than the next Villa manager. You can quote me on that. That is inevitable. 

Unless we spend near 40 million in January, you were quite off on that prediction. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Whenever anybody posts saying stuff like 'I never wanted Pearson in the first place' or 'I knew this would happen' I usually have a quick nosy through their old posts to just double check because quite a lot on here say they knew things would happen but didn't actually say that back when a manager was appointed or player signed. Fair play though, you predicted it spot on, that he'd change our style and was overrated because of his time at Leicester. However, I did come across this and couldn't help but 'quote you on that.' :lol:

Unless we spend near 40 million in January, you were quite off on that prediction. :ph34r:

:D you got me! x

As far as I'm aware Pearson hasn't gone yet. I'd have no problem welcoming him back but hope the tactics would be more flexible and wouldn't always be 4-4-2 until the squad had been through a couple more transfer windows to let it evolve. He's been successful in this division, brings much needed steel and built the squad that are current Premier League champions. I have always liked his public face and manner and the way he's conducted himself in interviews, which has been very impressive given the shocking results.

The football's been bad, but it's only 10 games and as I said elsewhere, I'd been told Monday night/Tuesday morning we were going to play 4-3-3 and had trained for that on Monday, so it wasn't a last-minute decision by Powell or Morris. Building success takes time.

Be careful what you wish for. I have no reason to think Powell, Bruce, Holloway, Rowett or Wagner would be better and if it's Bruce I think it's very unlikely I'd go to games. Dreadful manager. No idea how people keep giving him jobs.

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Whenever anybody posts saying stuff like 'I never wanted Pearson in the first place' or 'I knew this would happen' I usually have a quick nosy through their old posts to just double check because quite a lot on here say they knew things would happen but didn't actually say that back when a manager was appointed...

Gutted. I confidently predicted Nige was the man to take us back to the promised land...he'll now he won't get the chance to prove me absolutely right! It was inevitable we were JUST about to go on massive winning streak, proving me totally correct as always.... Still we'll just have chalk it up to 'we'll never know'...nobody was right nobody was wrong ...yeh?

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

See if you can find my giant "NO" or the post I made that said seeing Pearson with a ram on his chest would make me heave (or words to that effect) if you get a minute mate, I tried last night without success. :thumbsup:

Id put that champagne on ice for now, we don't know what the next steps are, we might end up with a caretaker manager that ends in a similar scenario as last season, or bringing in a manager that's not in work, Harry anyone ? 

For me there's not much to rejoice, maybe in the long run and if our next manager can last more than a couple of months, then maybe, but other than Eddie who can rejoice that his other half may last a full game for a change, I'm not sure how many other positives can be taken at present....

I wanted Pearson 2 Nd choice after b rog , but it would be madness to reinstate him now it's not going to work with him and Mel , I think it's going to have to be a young hungry ambitious coach and I think that coach is going to have to be someone who can get as passionate and excited about building Derby as Morris clearly is ,,, I think Mel wanting to be in total control and pick the team and tactics are wide of the mark but I'm guessing Mel wants to have a close relationship with the manager , talk football and tactics and be involved to a certain degree in terms of being in the loop and being part of ( would not we all want to have that if we bought Derby ? ) , that coach will have to be someone who deosnt feel threatened by the owner being so passionate but rather can build a bond with him ,,, it's very clear Mel is not and can't be a just put money in and disappear owner he loves football and loves Derby ,, wonder if it could be rowett

4 hours ago, utisbug said:

So you are pleased we are a laughing stock and the new Leeds? You are happy for some more uncertainty at the club? I thought Pearson was the right man for the job. We needed a strong character to bring about the necessary changes. There was a chance things would get worse before they got better and that has been the case. However, I am not celebrating. Let's see who is brought in. The likes of Bruce, Warnock, Lambert, McLeish and Redknapp don't inspire me one bit.....

Not really sure why anyone would be rejoicing over the decision.

If he does go, we are left in a bit of a mess really, stuck between a 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3 squad. 

End of the day he is a local guy and one that did manage to keep a team in The Premier League.

As great as you may think it is that you called it right, I think it's a sad reflection if you put being right ahead of the good of this club.

50 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

See if you can find my giant "NO" or the post I made that said seeing Pearson with a ram on his chest would make me heave (or words to that effect) if you get a minute mate, I tried last night without success. :thumbsup:

It's a lot harder searching through you're 4000 + posts than it is Utisbug's 50. :lol:

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not really sure why anyone would be rejoicing over the decision.

If he does go, we are left in a bit of a mess really, stuck between a 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3 squad. 

End of the day he is a local guy and one that did manage to keep a team in The Premier League.

As great as you may think it is that you called it right, I think it's a sad reflection if you put being right ahead of the good of this club.

Piffle. 

Im sorry that I've been proved right - search my posts and you will find that. I don't for one minute think that NP is for the good of this club. I you think that things would be any better in another 9 games or another 9 months even then im shocked. 

And if one more person says that we are a laughing stock... ffs why do people even care? I don't laugh at Leeds because I frankly don't care about them  

Why is nobody seeing that the temperament of the guy was always going to cause this? Why is it Mel's fault?? NP was a ticking time bomb 

I never knew he'd fail and have no doubt he will have success to a degree later in his career but he's just in the same category as Alistair Campbell and Tony Blair for me, forget their professions, they are just men I haven't had time for...since I can remember and I'm positive there will be posts on here going back to 2010 or 11 to back that up.

It would just have been my luck Pearson would have been a roaring success here and there was a point early in his time here I wondered if he'd had some kind of counselling/therapy during his sabbatical because he appeared different, had slightly more humility if you like, and I mentioned that on here.

Had Pearson been the success many hoped for I would still have disliked him as a man but I would have been one of the first to acknowledge he done a decent job.

Anyone who knows me (in real life) would confirm I don't see it as a weakness to admit if I am wrong or mistaken, in fact I try to steer clear of men, as it is usually men, who can't admit their failings, if you can't be honest to yourself, you're hardly going to be honest with other people is how I see them.

Archived