Rejoice!

utisbug

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Id put that champagne on ice for now, we don't know what the next steps are, we might end up with a caretaker manager that ends in a similar scenario as last season, or bringing in a manager that's not in work, Harry anyone ? 

For me there's not much to rejoice, maybe in the long run and if our next manager can last more than a couple of months, then maybe, but other than Eddie who can rejoice that his other half may last a full game for a change, I'm not sure how many other positives can be taken at present....

No rejoicing here about that. I didn't have to put up with her incessant whining for the last 15 minutes. Well worth the defeat.

Just now, curtains said:

The point is we shouldn't be rejoicing and there should be no recriminations . 

But that depends on which side of the fence you're sitting on, I mean, for me it would have been bittersweet if he sorted us out,  yeah, great, he might have brought stability and success to the club, but I would have been admiring his handiwork through gritted teeth.

Look, I hold my hands up, it's my flaw, I don't like him and I'm pleased he is (or appears to be) no longer in charge at the club, we have been abject with a smattering of almost acceptable since the start of the season while other clubs with managers appointed at the same time as Pearson are making far better progress than us, with teams we finished well ahead of last season I might add.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

But that depends on which side of the fence you're sitting on, I mean, for me it would have been bittersweet if he sorted us out,  yeah, great, he might have brought stability and success to the club, but I would have been admiring his handiwork through gritted teeth.

Look, I hold my hands up, it's my flaw, I don't like him and I'm pleased he is (or appears to be) no longer in charge at the club, we have been abject with a smattering of almost acceptable since the start of the season while other clubs with managers appointed at the same time as Pearson are making far better progress than us, with teams we finished well ahead of last season I might add.

I think it's on record I wanted Gary Rowett but I think the problems Pearson has had at Derby are not a matter for anyone rejoicing connected to DCFC  .

Mel and Sam chose the guy after setting up a short list to take the job which included Darren Wassall  .

They gave him a long contract and may yet have to pay compensation and if a new man comes in he may want his own back room team  .

Lets just hope it all works out ok .

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Cardiff is not going to be our toughest test this season. 

I know you wanted a change .

Lets hope results pick up then. 

I still blame the players I'm sorry. 

Not Vydra and Anya they are great signings in my eyes. 

At no point did I imply that Cardiff would have been our toughest test this season. 

I wanted change, but honestly thought sacking him at this stage of the season was a bad idea based on performances as much as I wanted him gone. It seems that due to off pitch behavior Pearson had given Mel no choice, which I'm certainly not upset about. 

Results have already picked up, in the 1 game since he left we almost doubled our goals tally. It makes it even harder now to blame the players when a switch in manager has an immediate improvement on performances. I know how much you love Pearson, but don't let his chiseled good looks and new 'ruff and ready beard' look distract you from the fact that he is statistically one of our worst ever managers with a promotion chasing squad at his disposal to boot. 

Please try explaining your positions a bit more instead of 5 fragmented single sentence statements. 

43 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

At no point did I imply that Cardiff would have been our toughest test this season. 

I wanted change, but honestly thought sacking him at this stage of the season was a bad idea based on performances as much as I wanted him gone. It seems that due to off pitch behavior Pearson had given Mel no choice, which I'm certainly not upset about. 

Results have already picked up, in the 1 game since he left we almost doubled our goals tally. It makes it even harder now to blame the players when a switch in manager has an immediate improvement on performances. I know how much you love Pearson, but don't let his chiseled good looks and new 'ruff and ready beard' look distract you from the fact that he is statistically one of our worst ever managers with a promotion chasing squad at his disposal to boot. 

Please try explaining your positions a bit more instead of 5 fragmented single sentence statements. 

I've never loved Pearson and I didn't appoint him and it is on record on this forum that I wanted Gary Rowett as Derby manager  

You contradicted yourself by saying you didn't imply that Cardiff would have been our toughest test this season and then went on to say that performances have already improved . 

Whats to say we wouldn't have beaten Cardiff anyway as Powell suggested that Pearson picked the team in his emotional post match interview. 

Sorry im not versed in literary skills like you lol  

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Cardiff is not going to be our toughest test this season. 

I know you wanted a change .

Lets hope results pick up then. 

I still blame the players I'm sorry. 

Not Vydra and Anya they are great signings in my eyes. 

If Pearson was going to be a good manager here he would have played a system that suited the strengths of his squad available. He didn't. Why? I don't know. He has thrown away points in a very competitive league because (IMO) of his arrogance. He may well do a very good job at another club some day, and good luck to him, BUT I have fingers crossed that he will never ever be in charge of the team I love again.

5 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

If Pearson was going to be a good manager here he would have played a system that suited the strengths of his squad available. He didn't. Why? I don't know. He has thrown away points in a very competitive league because (IMO) of his arrogance. He may well do a very good job at another club some day, and good luck to him, BUT I have fingers crossed that he will never ever be in charge of the team I love again.

That's fair enough but it's obvious that the people appointing our manager initially thought he was a good choice and so did many Derby Fans 

Clearly he wasn't in retrospect 

But I still like his signings Vydra and Anya  and Wilson  

I am still not rejoicing at his demise because clearly our board wanted Pearson to succeed at Derby and now we are left in limbo again . 

On 29 September 2016 at 23:27, curtains said:

That's fair enough but it's obvious that the people appointing our manager initially thought he was a good choice and so did many Derby Fans 

I am still not rejoicing at his demise because clearly our board wanted Pearson to succeed at Derby and now we are left in limbo again . 

Can anyone rejoice in the fact that our chairman keeps getting it so wrong?

On 29/09/2016 at 23:27, curtains said:

What a bizarre statement. Obviously the board wanted Pearson to succeed, why would they want him to fail?

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 23:27, curtains said:

How many is there on our board?

Archived