Beer Thread

Cisse

@TuffLuff wasn't actually joking. I work for a brewery in dispense side of things, and that is literally what that is. When bubbles cling to the side like that, it means the glass is dirty, usually greasy. Likely caused by washing them with things like coffee cups instead of in a glass washer with other glasses. Means your pint will go flat very quickly, and it's just a bit unappetising.

43 minutes ago, Srg said:

@TuffLuff wasn't actually joking. I work for a brewery in dispense side of things, and that is literally what that is. When bubbles cling to the side like that, it means the glass is dirty, usually greasy. Likely caused by washing them with things like coffee cups instead of in a glass washer with other glasses. Means your pint will go flat very quickly, and it's just a bit unappetising.

Ah sorry, it was in a cafe on the a1 past Alnwick so that is mostly likely the case. Ill throw the glass back at them next time and shout ‘THIS IS FOR SRG!’

Thanks for the knowledge, I’ll know for next time it happens. Which brewery is it, if you don’t mind me asking?

14 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ah sorry, it was in a cafe on the a1 past Alnwick so that is mostly likely the case. Ill throw the glass back at them next time and shout ‘THIS IS FOR SRG!’

Thanks for the knowledge, I’ll know for next time it happens. Which brewery is it, if you don’t mind me asking?

Molson Coors. So yes we have Carling, but we do have a lot of better stuff too!

8 hours ago, Srg said:

My pub orders from Coors, does that mean you can sort some freebies out for us? ?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes mate

Not sure what your set up in the cellar is there so don’t know if this applies to each tap but I had a very iffy pint of Coors a couple of weeks back. Tasted metallic, which probably means the line is knackered. Should probably call us to look

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not sure what your set up in the cellar is there so don’t know if this applies to each tap but I had a very iffy pint of Coors a couple of weeks back. Tasted metallic, which probably means the line is knackered. Should probably call us to look

I'll let the owner know 

Done kays earlier in the day

Been to Stockbridge Tap tonight and St Bernards next door where we’ve been talking the old man and his dog at the bar and given us the story that there’s two Kay’s bars near each other. We were in the smaller one today but turns out we’d been to the other one years ago with a mate but had no idea it was Kay’s.

Cheers @sage!