Beer Thread

Cisse

I drink far more beer these days, probably more than I do cider. Only basic stuff: Carling, Peroni, Bud, Corona, etc. I don’t mind an IPA either, though it’s usually out of my price range.

Anyway, my lovely mum thought she was doing me a favour when she bought me a bottle of ‘cider’ from a shop in Derbyshire the other week. Turns out it’s some weird stout. I’ve never tried stout before and I’m almost certainly going to hate it, but I might as well try.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I drink far more beer these days, probably more than I do cider. Only basic stuff: Carling, Peroni, Bud, Corona, etc. I don’t mind an IPA either, though it’s usually out of my price range.

Anyway, my lovely mum thought she was doing me a favour when she bought me a bottle of ‘cider’ from a shop in Derbyshire the other week. Turns out it’s some weird stout. I’ve never tried stout before and I’m almost certainly going to hate it, but I might as well try.

Stout is so good. As a younger lad, used to just look so off putting, nowadays, love a draft Stout. You should take a trip to Brews of the World in Burton, have some weird and wonderful stuff on in there that’ll broaden your horizons. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Im in the same camp as @Srg with stouts. Best drank steadily on a Sunday afternoon after a small walk.

If anybody is going to the festival at Roundabout then check out Peak Ales new venture Off Peak. I know PA are there so presume they will be selling some.They had a Meet The Brewer night at The Joiners in Bakewell a few weeks back where they showed off the new brews and they are quite excellent.

• 2 months later...

Two deliveries arrived yesterday. One from Beers of Europe containing the following:

• 4 Kloster Andechs Bergbock Hell
  • 4 Paulaner Salvator
  • 4 Ayinger Lager Hell 
  • 2 Abbaye des Rocs Blonde
  • 2 Bourgogne des Flandres Brune 
  • 2 Tongerlo Tripel Prior
  • 2 Trappistes Rochefort 10 
  • 4 Affligem Tripel 

and one from Belgiuminabox containing

• 2 Waterloo Tripel Blond
  • 2 Straffe Hendrik Tripel
  • 2 Tongerlo Tripel Prior
  • 2 Westmalle Tripel
  • 2 La Corne Triple
  • 2 Goliath Tripel
  • 2 Kappitel Watou Tripel 10
  • 2 Karmeleit Tripel
  • 2 La Trappe Tripel
  • 2 LeFort Tripel
  • 2 Gulden Draak
  • 2 Gulden Draak Brewmaster 2019
  • 2 Inglorious Quad
  • 2 Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad
  • 2 La Trappe Quadrupel
  • 2 Malheur 12
  • 2 Bush Charactere
  • 2 St Bernardus Abt 12

Boxes currently in quarantine until Monday. Luckily I still have another couple of hundred beers available to me. I am taking my 12 weeks of house arrest in style.