We are getting there.

Curtains

26 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Please Please Please lets not start on this road already. The constant sacking, starting with Nigel Clough is what has put us in this predicament. I would say categorically now we should leave NP in post for a minimum of 3 years no matter what. We cannot afford to keep "starting again" 

I agree that sacking yet another manager is not the right way to go about things. We had Nigel Clough for over 4 years and during that time he built a very good team, even if they didn't perform to their full potential under Clough. Now in under 3 years since Nigel Clough we have had 4 managers. We can't carry on like this and expect to see success.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Responsibility has to be taken all around.

I am incredibly grateful for Mel's money but it seems to have polluted what we were building for years, and even seems to conflict with the "Derby Way". To other clubs it must look like the "QPR Way". I am struggling to see what the plan is (not least the execution of it) and my worry is Mel will throw good money after bad if things don't improve.

Results aside, the players are way better than these performances. And I suspect they are being paid wages to be towards the very top of this league. It is time for them to step up and to take some of the focus off the manager and the owner.

Pearson hasn't started well at all, it is early days so I am reserving judgement. I am hoping this is like Clement's start and we'll soon click into gear.

More worringly the fact the word "rebuild" is knocking about again is really concering. After the money we've spent on supposedly getting us from being the very "nearly men" to promoted...now what? I would be very depressed if we don't pick up soon, my expectations of this squad are a lot higher than a "rebuild" job.

30 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

After the flag was up for offside and the whistle was in the ref's mouth with cheeks blowing...

Finally seen the light and left that god awful forum that is footymad I see. One of the better posters I remember from my time there, welcome and well done for seeing the light!

18 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Finally seen the light and left that god awful forum that is footymad I see. One of the better posters I remember from my time there, welcome and well done for seeing the light!

You are a Gentleman, Sir, as well as a discerning judge about the Game. Thank you for your welcome. I am happy to be on this forum...there are lots of intelligent posters here and I don't just mean those with whom I share a viewpoint.   

Void of ideas + Confidence at an all time low = Very worrying times

Do I trust in Pearson ? Not going to judge after a few matches.

I just wish with all the money we have spent we had bought in a defensive midfielder. Yes our problem is making chances/scoring but Bryson and Hughes are always looking over there shoulder and not playing with freedom going forward which is killing our forward play 

36 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I am incredibly grateful for Mel's money but it seems to have polluted what we were building for years, and even seems to conflict with the "Derby Way". To other clubs it must look like the "QPR Way". I am struggling to see what the plan is (not least the execution of it) and my worry is Mel will throw good money after bad if things don't improve.

Results aside, the players are way better than these performances. And I suspect they are being paid wages to be towards the very top of this league. It is time for them to step up and to take some of the focus off the manager and the owner.

Pearson hasn't started well at all, it is early days so I am reserving judgement. I am hoping this is like Clement's start and we'll soon click into gear.

More worringly the fact the word "rebuild" is knocking about again is really concering. After the money we've spent on supposedly getting us from being the very "nearly men" to promoted...now what? I would be very depressed if we don't pick up soon, my expectations of this squad are a lot higher than a "rebuild" job.

An exceptionally good post that in one blow has hammered the nail fully into the wood...right on the head. I really do doubt though that Pearson's game will pick up. It concerns me that people place an emphasis on a manager's so called "experience" ie he's done it before. Well:

1. So did Billy Davies. Is/was he a good manager?

2. Paul Jewell did wonders at Bradford/Wigan. How good is he?

My reasons: performances really are poor...there is nothing to see when looking for signs that Pearson's 3 months have done anything...I like to watch good football, to be entertained that is all I ask. I don't want to watch scrappy football even if it brings 1-0 wins. I am a l-t season ticket holder. After just a few games, I don't think I will be a season ticket holder next season if this continues. 

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You are a Gentleman, Sir, as well as a discerning judge about the Game. Thank you for your welcome. I am happy to be on this forum...there are lots of intelligent posters here and I don't just mean those with whom I share a viewpoint.   

Now don't start off by insulting us with your intelligence insinuations - I'm sure there are plenty of us that can prove that idea to be completely incorrect....:D

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Both Newcastle goals nothing to do with style of play just bad defending and a bit of luck for Newcastle. 

2nd Newcastle goal given away after  Pearson gambled as we tried to get equaliser by bringing on Bent for Shackell. 

I feel bad about being so negative now after watching that. It was all us. We missed a bit of cutting edge but were attacking a very good team happy to defend their goal which came against the run of play. 

Optimistic about Tuesday now. 

I thought we were the best team till they scored a worldie. Then our heads dropped a bit and we were out muscled. Were they much better than us, no I don't think so.

We really need to score first on Tuesday, if that had happened yesterday it might have been a different game.

We just need to score the rest will fall into place.............

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

Great post

12 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Not to mention we struggled to break down two league 2 sides AT HOME in Carlisle and Grimsby and put in similar apathetic showings, only getting on top as the Grimsby game progressed and they tired and for Carlisle in extra time and they tired.

At the moment it's hard to say there is any improvement from opening day to now. I think we've signed some good players in Vydra and Anya but the result is the same. No improvement.

Still a long way to go yet though before we can get the pitchforks out.

Yes but bring on Liverpool !! 

29 minutes ago, toddy said:

I thought we were the best team till they scored a worldie. Then our heads dropped a bit and we were out muscled.

So we lasted all of 20 minutes?! And the stats don't really show much evidence of them being worse than us...

Possession: Home 53% Away 47%

Shots: Home 9 Away 11

Shots on Target: Home 2 Away 3

Corners: Home 2 Away 5

Fouls: Home 8 Away 13

14 hours ago, curtains said:

Shoots of recovery today. 

All that looked different from Burton yesterday was they ran around more. You don't win football matches by running around loads- I could do that.

No plan looked at all evident yesterday.

I wouldn't worry about Thorne too much, he's played about 20 decent games where he's been 100%, in almost three years. 

Undoubtedly makes us a better team when fit but how long are we going to have to wait until he is so, consistently? He'll be a nice addition to the squad when he's back but I don't think we should be waiting around just to shoehorn him into the team when he's not available for the majority of the season. 

Well we have effectively been rubbish so far this season for what is available to the manager, on paper we have had 3 thougher looking games at home with 3 easier looking away games, poor stuff by us and the next six games in the league will totally show our seasons direction.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So we lasted all of 20 minutes?! And the stats don't really show much evidence of them being worse than us...

Possession: Home 53% Away 47%

Shots: Home 9 Away 11

Shots on Target: Home 2 Away 3

Corners: Home 2 Away 5

Fouls: Home 8 Away 13

Never said they were worse than us, mainly they weren't that much better - they scored a worldie and the 2nd was our own making Keogh went to sleep and Carson went to ground. They defended well.

We conceded a worldie and our heads dropped, if we had managed to score in that 20 min period it would have been a different game. We did start very well, just a shame we couldn't score.

All in all, Newcastle weren't so much better than us, considering everybody thinks they have now clicked as a team.......

32 minutes ago, toddy said:

Never said they were worse than us, mainly they weren't that much better - they scored a worldie and the 2nd was our own making Keogh went to sleep and Carson went to ground. They defended well.

We conceded a worldie and our heads dropped, if we had managed to score in that 20 min period it would have been a different game. We did start very well, just a shame we couldn't score.

All in all, Newcastle weren't so much better than us, considering everybody thinks they have now clicked as a team.......

We Wilson didn't mark his man at a set piece and we were punished with a great finish, wouldn't really say a worldie deflated us rather than shocking defending.

I thought Newcastle weren't much better than us but then again they didn't really need to be, they just sat back and handled us, classic away performance. They were content with the 1 goal lead and they still had more shots than us which is inexcusable in all honesty. 

The more worrying thing is that the Newcastle side that comfortably beat us yesterday didn't look a patch on half the promotion contenders in the past few seasons. After the game could you honestly say Newcastle were better than 'Boro, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford, Wednesday, Brighton, Ipswich and Brentford from a season or so back? I didn't think so and we used to actually compete with those sides, that's what worries me the most about yesterday.

36 minutes ago, toddy said:

I'd have to disagree. I think Newcastle looked incredibly comfortable for near enough the whole match, with only the wayward cross that hit the crossbar orrying them. I got the distinct impression that they didn't have to get out of 1st and 2nd gear to beat us.

Benitez seems to think they have plenty of room to improve. Depending on how you look at yesterdays match that's either incredibly bad news for us, or incredibly bad news for the rest of the division.

Archived