We are getting there.

Curtains

18 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'd have to disagree. I think Newcastle looked incredibly comfortable for near enough the whole match, with only the wayward cross that hit the crossbar orrying them. I got the distinct impression that they didn't have to get out of 1st and 2nd gear to beat us.

Benitez seems to think they have plenty of room to improve. Depending on how you look at yesterdays match that's either incredibly bad news for us, or incredibly bad news for the rest of the division.

Absolutely...we were blue arsed flies...they jogged about and switched the play with relativecomfort. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, first time on here, refugee from another forum ! I thought that yesterday was a big improvement (not difficult admittedly), but as most agree, we don't want constant sackings and I honestly believe Pearson's more than up to the job. He's changing everything and it will take time. Forget the league table. Remember Cloughies (Brian) first season ? We finished 18th, 1 place below the previous season, but we stuck with him, and as I recall, it all went rather well. Let's not panic. Well, not until Easter anyway !! 

4 hours ago, toddy said:

I thought we were the best team till they scored a worldie. Then our heads dropped a bit and we were out muscled. Were they much better than us, no I don't think so.

We really need to score first on Tuesday, if that had happened yesterday it might have been a different game.

We just need to score the rest will fall into place.............

Their goal was dreadful defending, not a worldie! How on earth do you get a volley 15 yards out unchallenged from a corner?!

Newcastle not being much better than us is a worrying thing on my eyes because they didnt even get out of second gear.

4 minutes ago, Ramtique 1 said:

Hi, first time on here, refugee from another forum ! I thought that yesterday was a big improvement (not difficult admittedly), but as most agree, we don't want constant sackings and I honestly believe Pearson's more than up to the job. He's changing everything and it will take time. Forget the league table. Remember Cloughies (Brian) first season ? We finished 18th, 1 place below the previous season, but we stuck with him, and as I recall, it all went rather well. Let's not panic. Well, not until Easter anyway !! 

I'm fine with change. Don't think ut needed doing, but that is another argument. If that is the direction the club has decided is best then we have to accept it.

What I would like to know is why does change mean the football has to be so bad in the interim? I can't accept that.

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm fine with change. Don't think ut needed doing, but that is another argument. If that is the direction the club has decided is best then we have to accept it.

What I would like to know is why does change mean the football has to be so bad in the interim? I can't accept that.

Absolutely. It's almost as though Pearson has told them all "it's all gonna change. You lot will be out in due course. Don't bother trying to make me change my mind. "

Yesterdays "improvement", would have been classed as our of our worst performances in 13-14, 14-15, 15-16!

When was the last time DCFC went three home games without a goal, not even sure that happend in 07-08, we were terrible that season but at least we created some few and far between chances.

10 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Yesterdays "improvement", would have been classed as our of our worst performances in 13-14, 14-15, 15-16!

When was the last time DCFC went three home games without a goal, not even sure that happend in 07-08, we were terrible that season but at least we created some few and far between chances.

It happened twice - but for an incorrect offside decision though it would have only happened once!

I can not believe Darren Wassall was torn a new one by some of these people. We have got much worse since Wassall. Then we were slightly better yesterday than at Burton and we're supposed to be happy? 

At this rate by Christmas we could be as good as we was under Wassall.... 

And it's alright saying we were unlucky with the goals but you still have to score and create!!! You still have to apply pressure to their defences. 

Did everyone watch Brook v Golovkin? The Derby equivalent of a Kell Brook performance would be Brook going in there, not throwing any punches, running away, getting knocked out and then saying "well he barely touched me"

I don't know if it was our best performance excluding Preston so far. But if it was then that's a tragic decline since 2014. It's every bit as bad as anything Clement or Wassall did. 

The only thing they didn't do was have a promotion from L1 and the Champ on their CV. 

At this point I've started to forget the idea of good football and I just wish we had Steve Howard up front. If we're going to play hoofball then do it properly. 

People slate McCarthy and Warnock and Billy but at least they play ugly football with players suited for it. Grafters and thugs. 

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

I can not believe Darren Wassall was torn a new one by some of these people. We have got much worse since Wassall. Then we were slightly better yesterday than at Burton and we're supposed to be happy? 

At this rate by Christmas we could be as good as we was under Wassall.... 

And it's alright saying we were unlucky with the goals but you still have to score and create!!! You still have to apply pressure to their defences. 

Did everyone watch Brook v Golovkin? The Derby equivalent of a Kell Brook performance would be Brook going in there, not throwing any punches, running away, getting knocked out and then saying "well he barely touched me"

I don't know if it was our best performance excluding Preston so far. But if it was then that's a tragic decline since 2014. It's every bit as bad as anything Clement or Wassall did. 

The only thing they didn't do was have a promotion from L1 and the Champ on their CV. 

At this point I've started to forget the idea of good football and I just wish we had Steve Howard up front. If we're going to play hoofball then do it properly. 

People slate McCarthy and Warnock and Billy but at least they play ugly football with players suited for it. Grafters and thugs. 

What part of Oakley and Jones are any more thug like than Hughes and Bryson?? 

On 11 September 2016 at 12:20, Monkeytennis12345 said:

I'm almost glad I emigrated to Oz !

I watched it live on the box, and we are a million miles away from the end of last season.....Mel must be thinking about giving 'arry another call on the blower......

The 2.30am starts will sort you out yet!

Come on, it was a vast improvement from a side which is still way down on confidence. Let's keep 'Arry out of Derby shall we? And Mel tied up and gagged?

Pearson will get us there even if it takes a season.

There is a fine line between genius and madness. There is also a fine line between losing regularly and going on a run. It only takes one good result to make the team realise that what the manager is saying actually works.

We didn't exactly set the league on fire at this stage last year or the year before and look where we ended up.

Look back to the year we bought in Stimac, bottom few in November and remember how that turned out.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give until Christmas.

Archived