We are getting there.

Curtains

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improved and certainly came up against a side that will certainly be top two or three come the end of the season but I'm not going to lie were still quite a stretch from where we want to be.

my gripe is simple 

I have no problem with us playing a more direct style of football, none what ever.

i appreciate there are different ways to win games, be it with pace over the top, into a focal point as we've been accustom to with Martin, attacking down the the flanks etc etc etc 

But it worries, no scares the crap out of me, that Pearson who I'm fully behind and respect thinks that our most successful way of starting attacks is from the Boot of Jason shackel.

i lost count how many times the ball ended up at his feet to try and distribute from distance. 

its literally like hitting a golf ball with a wrecking ball and the net result is as you would expect that to end up.

thought vydra showed glimpses of his ability, Wilson looked a little lost but Anya was certainly a plus to be taken.

phenominal strike from gouffran and we all know goals change games 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I thought we started great and then got done by a wonder strike. 

Started the second half well but faded at the end .

Im not too down hearted after today and looking forward to Ipswich game. 

It was a great finish but the defending was horrific, not really a wonder strike.

We played well for about 15 minutes and were completely dealt with for the remaining 75. That's how the minnows play against teams like this and we're supposed to be competing with them, it's very unnerving,

4 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

It was a great finish but the defending was horrific, not really a wonder strike.

We played well for about 15 minutes and were completely dealt with for the remaining 75. That's how the minnows play against teams like this and we're supposed to be competing with them, it's very unnerving,

Can remember Wigan doing that to McClarens Derby team. 

Could not fault the Derby teams effort today though. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Can remember Wigan doing that to McClarens Derby team. 

Could not fault the Derby teams effort today though. 

Yeah but we didn't look absolutely awful under McClaren with absolutely 0 goal threat.

That's a positive I guess, they did work hard but last years team worked hard too. This is just the first time we've seen them work hard under Pearson which is no surprise because we had 3 debuts today.

Just now, lrm14 said:

Yeah but we didn't look absolutely awful under McClaren with absolutely 0 goal threat.

That's a positive I guess, they did work hard but last years team worked hard too. This is just the first time we've seen them work hard under Pearson which is no surprise because we had 3 debuts today.

Newcastle will walk this  league with Rafa as manager.

Said it well before the season began .

We did ok IMO today it's not all doom and gloom .

Not to mention we struggled to break down two league 2 sides AT HOME in Carlisle and Grimsby and put in similar apathetic showings, only getting on top as the Grimsby game progressed and they tired and for Carlisle in extra time and they tired.

At the moment it's hard to say there is any improvement from opening day to now. I think we've signed some good players in Vydra and Anya but the result is the same. No improvement.

Still a long way to go yet though before we can get the pitchforks out.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Shoots of recovery today. 

We were awful. That side has always been at its best playing a high tempo and closing down hard when off the ball. None of that in evidence in the Newcastle game. Long balls. Slow tempo. Huge gaps in midfield. Lack of bravery on ball.

Archived