We are getting there.

Curtains

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

I'm almost glad I emigrated to Oz !

I watched it live on the box, and we are a million miles away from the end of last season.....Mel must be thinking about giving 'arry another call on the blower......

Both Newcastle goals nothing to do with style of play just bad defending and a bit of luck for Newcastle. 

2nd Newcastle goal given away after  Pearson gambled as we tried to get equaliser by bringing on Bent for Shackell. 

Yesterday I thought Derby started brightly and the overall performance was ok. It was a definite improvement on what we've seen so far this season. The early goal which was disallowed looked to be marginally offside, so we got quite unlucky there. Then up until the Newcastle goal I thought it was all Derby, it really came against the run of play.

After the goal and up until Anya went off I thought we applied good pressure and could have quite easily scored, such as when we hit the bar or the two Olsson chances which had Sels wrong-footed. Unfortunately these weren't exactly 'clear cut' chances, and I can't really think that we created any clear cut chances all game which is a concern. Two bad pieces of defending aside, though, did Newcastle create any clear cut chances?   

Once Anya and Wilson went off it felt like we had no chance and the game was gone from then on, but now we have to move onto Tuesday against Ipswich and see what we can do. I didn't think Newcastle were a great side yesterday but they'll be in and around the top 6 for sure, and I highly doubt Ipswich are of their quality. This is a great chance for our first home win, we must take it. I really feel a well deserved home win would boost the morale of the fans and team alike and could possibly be the confident boost we need to kick start our season.

Come on you Rams!!!! 

18 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Yesterday I thought Derby started brightly and the overall performance was ok. It was a definite improvement on what we've seen so far this season. The early goal which was disallowed looked to be marginally offside, so we got quite unlucky there. Then up until the Newcastle goal I thought it was all Derby, it really came against the run of play.

After the goal and up until Anya went off I thought we applied good pressure and could have quite easily scored, such as when we hit the bar or the two Olsson chances which had Sels wrong-footed. Unfortunately these weren't exactly 'clear cut' chances, and I can't really think that we created any clear cut chances all game which is a concern. Two bad pieces of defending aside, though, did Newcastle create any clear cut chances?   

Once Anya and Wilson went off it felt like we had no chance and the game was gone from then on, but now we have to move onto Tuesday against Ipswich and see what we can do. I didn't think Newcastle were a great side yesterday but they'll be in and around the top 6 for sure, and I highly doubt Ipswich are of their quality. This is a great chance for our first home win, we must take it. I really feel a well deserved home win would boost the morale of the fans and team alike and could possibly be the confident boost we need to kick start our season.

Come on you Rams!!!! 

It's not the results that concern me at this stage, it's the awful performances.

I've seen 5 games and can probably count on one hand how many chances we have created.

Ok so Pearson wants to change the team, fine, but I don't understand why that means performances have to be poor in the interim.

If he is only capable of getting his own players to perform it doesn't say much for his managerial ability.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's not the results that concern me at this stage, it's the awful performances.

I've seen 5 games and can probably count on one hand how many chances we have created.

Ok so Pearson wants to change the team, fine, but I don't understand why that means performances have to be poor in the interim.

If he is only capable of getting his own players to perform it doesn't say much for his managerial ability.

When do  Wassall  with the academy and  Powell ,Idiakez and Phillips with the first team get any flack then in your eyes. 

It's not just Pearson as the coaching team also have an input in systems and style of play .

You also have the fitness coaches as well. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

When do  Wassall  with the academy and  Powell ,Idiakez and Phillips with the first team get any flack then in your eyes. 

It's not just Pearson .

You also have the fitness coaches as well. 

The buck stops with Pearson for on field matters. He chooses his coaches.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

So his coaches are no good then .

Like I say give them time to get it right lol  

Not sure where I said that.

Have no idea if they are any good or not.

I've not seen anything so far to make me think they have improved any player or come up with anything inventive.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree, up until yesterday the performances have all been awful. Yesterday wasn't great either but it was an improvement, in my opinion anyway. It's still a concern that we're not creating clear cut chances for our strikers and that our best chances in games are nothing more than half chances but I saw enough from the performance yesterday to feel that against a side like Ipswich at home, who will probably not be as solid as Newcastle, we will create chances and hopefully score a home goal and win. I'm probably in the majority with my views but I always try to look at the positives.

And regarding what you ask about Pearson's managerial ability, before Pearson even came to Derby I saw Leicester fans who said he's not really the sort of manager who will develop players to fit his style but relies on bringing in players. Saying that, it appears very strange that we'd appoint Pearson given that the Derby Way is all about supposed sustainability and the ideology that a head coach should just come in and continue where the last head coach left off, and not that one manager comes in and change everything around to suit their own style. However does the fact that Pearson is a 'manager' instead of 'head coach' indicate that Mel is prepared to let Pearson do his own thing and not keep in line with the Derby Way? Only Mel knows... 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure where I said that.

Have no idea if they are any good or not.

I've not seen anything so far to make me think they have improved any player or come up with anything inventive.

I find this a bit ironic.

Your normally the one saying positive things about Derby County.

Whats happened ?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The buck stops with Pearson for on field matters. He chooses his coaches.

Please Please Please lets not start on this road already. The constant sacking, starting with Nigel Clough is what has put us in this predicament. I would say categorically now we should leave NP in post for a minimum of 3 years no matter what. We cannot afford to keep "starting again" 

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Please Please Please lets not start on this road already. The constant sacking, starting with Nigel Clough is what has put us in this predicament. I would say categorically now we should leave NP in post for a minimum of 3 years no matter what. We cannot afford to keep "starting again" 

I agree. I can't help being rather annoyed that we didn't arrive at this realisation when McClaren or Wassall were in charge.

9 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

We're 4th bottom. What happens if we're in this sort of position in January? In March?  I don't see how any manager can expect to keep his job if he takes a team that has been a promotion contender for 3 seasons, spends a load of money on the team and turns them into relegation fodder.  By all means stick with someone if you can, but they have to be showing signs something.  And at the moment Pearson is showing absolutely nothing.

21 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Where have I said anything about sacking him?

I thoughtt 'The Derby Way' eliminated and starting again?

I personally didn't think we needed to start again.

Still yet to have an answer as to what happened to this experienced man manager who would put round pegs in round holes, get that but extra out of the players and would have got us promoted if given the job instead of Wassall in February.

11 hours ago, curtains said:

I thought we started great and then got done by a wonder strike. 

Started the second half well but faded at the end .

Im not too down hearted after today and looking forward to Ipswich game. 

Where are we actually getting to though is the more pertinent question, I see no road map or coherent plan, I do see players low on confidence and square pegs in round holes.

Regards the wonderstrike being hyper critical it was poor marking at the far post to allow him to get a clean shot away and if Russell had actually stood still on the line he would have stopped the ball rather than it nutmegging him. 

Archived