How loud will the boos be?

jimbo jones

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody still admitting to being a boo'er? no way can we not have a single one amongst us. 

I always wonder if they boo at the end of a film they didn't enjoy or a TV programme, boooo Eastenders booooo you I don't pay my TV licence for this rubbish, Dot out, bring in Gail Platt, we need fresh legs out there.

Slightly controversial suggestion, but if you're thinking of turning up at the Newcastle game with the intention of booing - might I politely suggest that you 'go forth and multiply'. After an uneven start to the season, the players on the pitch need our full support - not a load of numpties booing like a bunch of schoolkids at a pantomime.....

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I have never booed Derby and I never will, but I will leave the ground as I can't stand as my football club looks embarrassed 

It's not the club that's embarrassing - it's the mardy, so-called 'fans' who feel we have a God-given right to success and when that isn't immediately forthcoming, entitles them to react in the way they do. If only an outsider came into their workplace, gave them a severe dose of the verbals and see how they react!

They make me sick!

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

On a scale of 1-10, how loud will the boos be for the Newcastke game. Going by the reaction on here I'm going for a big 10.

That's the attitude - let's get behind the team before they even kick a ball.....?.

Booing doesn't help anything in my opinion. Fine, have a winge on here but get behind the manager & the players on a match day and hopefully things will change for the better (fingers crossed). 

Instead of asking how loud the boos will be, ask how much noise we will make and how much support we are going to give the team against Newcastle.

1 hour ago, RamontheMoor said:

That's the attitude - let's get behind the team before they even kick a ball.....?.

Booing doesn't help anything in my opinion. Fine, have a winge on here but get behind the manager & the players on a match day and hopefully things will change for the better (fingers crossed). 

Instead of asking how loud the boos will be, ask how much noise we will make and how much support we are going to give the team against Newcastle.

I agree with you, I was just posing the question :) 

im sure they will bring a large and noisy following, so I hope our fans respond and get fully behind the team. I do fear though, that if we don't start the game well the groans will start early.

35 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I agree with you, I was just posing the question :) 

im sure they will bring a large and noisy following, so I hope our fans respond and get fully behind the team. I do fear though, that if we don't start the game well the groans will start early.

Sorry - I wasn't sure which camp you fell into so just wanted to get my feelings across about booing. Agree they will be noisy so will have to get eight behind team from the start even if they don't start off great. 

Too much negativity going on at the minute for my liking.

Hendrick & Martin have gone and nothing will change that - let's all move on with what we have and not what we would like / prefer. 

Tbh I'm looking forward to seeing a pacey attack now with Vydra, Wilson, Ince, Weimann etc. Just need to sort the supply to them out now and happy days. Ever the optimist..... ?

3 hours ago, David said:

Nobody still admitting to being a boo'er? no way can we not have a single one amongst us. 

I always wonder if they boo at the end of a film they didn't enjoy or a TV programme, boooo Eastenders booooo you I don't pay my TV licence for this rubbish, Dot out, bring in Gail Platt, we need fresh legs out there.

the people who boo are probably not intelligent enough to use a device which will grant them access to the internet.

26 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Will be watching this on holiday in Whitby going to be an interesting reaction in the starts if we concede early :( 

they could be talking about 'the derby meltdown' in the same way people talk about chernobyl today it could be that bad.

52 minutes ago, RamontheMoor said:

Sorry - I wasn't sure which camp you fell into so just wanted to get my feelings across about booing. Agree they will be noisy so will have to get eight behind team from the start even if they don't start off great. 

Hendrick & Martin have gone and nothing will change that - let's all move on with what we have and not what we would like / prefer. 

Tbh I'm looking forward to seeing a pacey attack now with Vydra, Wilson, Ince, Weimann etc. Just need to sort the supply to them out now and happy days. Ever the optimist..... ?

I'm quite interested how our attack could work, with the pace that's been brought in, we should be moving the ball quickly, as long as that's done well, and just lumping it forward, it could be a good thing.

the only real disappointment for me was not getting a defensive midfielder who can put his foot in, unless Johnson can find some form we look a bit weak in the middle of the park for my liking, but we will see.

6 hours ago, Gritters said:

Well, I haven't written us off. I think Pearson knows what he is doing. I think we'll see a team with fight and pace a hunger to win which seems to have been lacking recent games. 

People can boo if they want but I seriously question why bother. The thing that will make DCFC take notice is footfall. If attendances drop eye brows will rise.

I have never booed a Rams player and never will....

2 hours ago, RamontheMoor said:

Sorry - I wasn't sure which camp you fell into so just wanted to get my feelings across about booing. Agree they will be noisy so will have to get EIGHT behind team from the start even if they don't start off great. 

They will have to be pretty damned vocal to drown out the 3000 Geordies. I'd go for B4 definitely, perhaps Eddie could do a job. Having listened to all the podcasts up until the end of the season I wouldn't put David or SRG in there. Perhaps Rammie, and maybe even Craig Rammage but I'm struggling for the rest. :ph34r:

I think it depends on the performance. 

A gutsy 2-1 defeat won't get many boos I don't think. A performance like Burton, and the inevitable 4-0 thrashing will (rightly) bring out the hecklers. Fans don't deserve perfection, and liquid football, but they do deserve effort. 

Archived