Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Very happy mate. 

Me too, but if you're willing to give Vydra the chance to get back to his old Watford form after just 3 goals in 30+ for Reading, can you not give Martin a chance to get back to his old self? I reckon those two together could form a similar partnership to Vydra and Deeney. They scored 76 goals combined over the 2 seasons they played together and if we get the balance of the team right, Martin and Vydra could do similar here.

Just now, Seth's left foot said:

If, buts and maybe's.

Has Vydra been told he'll play in a front 2? A few of you suggesting Bent will be going but Vydra might play as the number 10 so that would mean Ince is in trouble.

Deal done with a few days to spare so I expect a few departure's now.

I don't think nobody really knows how he's going to be played. I'd rather play him just off Martin with Ince on the wing and a new winger on the other side. Bent isn't what we need. Since he's been here we have never been a better side with him in the team. The only time he was prolific for us was during our slump when we finished 8th, so we clearly declined as a team despite his goals. He offers nothing other than tap ins and poachers goals from within 10 yards. We need more than that and if we're willing to sell Martin but keep Bent in our plans then I would start to be worried.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't think nobody really knows how he's going to be played. I'd rather play him just off Martin with Ince on the wing and a new winger on the other side. Bent isn't what we need. Since he's been here we have never been a better side with him in the team. The only time he was prolific for us was during our slump when we finished 8th, so we clearly declined as a team despite his goals. He offers nothing other than tap ins and poachers goals from within 10 yards. We need more than that and if we're willing to sell Martin but keep Bent in our plans then I would start to be worried.

Totally agree, I'd rather bent Blackman and Russell to be shipped out. If Martin goes fair do's but the 3 above should burnout the door before him. 

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Looks like he will be playing up front with Kodjia !

Ha! Came on here to report the good news and see it was announced 6 pages back. Of all the strikers and deals we've been linked with I think Vydra was the best option and at the best price (given the current market). But we really do have a glut and will have a lot of unhappy players.

Vydra plays up front in a two off a striker who will help create chances with him. He is the perfect foil for Martin. But it frustrates me that Martin doesn't seem to be getting the opportunities to play in a font two. For instance it was a bit daft to bring Wilson on yesterday but take Martin off and bring Bent on. It's not as if Bent is going to create chances for anyone.

It doesn't help Martin that he's now away with Scotland just when Vydra comes in and Pearson tries to drill how he wants to play into the squad. The same with Hughes away with the England U21s. We could have done with both being around Moor Farm at this key time.

But, back to the main point, welcome Matej Vydra. May your Derby County career be long and glorious and filled with goals, most of them in the Premier League. Thanks also to Mel for putting his hands in his pocket (again) despite the grief he gets.

Edit - we're buying Kodija as well? Crumbs!

Archived