Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Question:

How can Butterfield playing deeper and Hughes playing more forward be any worse than this?

Because butterfield is poor defensively. Butterfield has given us our only shot on target. I actually think it could be worse. But i would certainly change things at halftime... Wilson on maybe for Ince. The midfield is never going to be right without a CDM, and well I don't think much of Olson. Not enough of a goal threat from the strikers ( even allowing for theiroor service) and no width. Only three days before the transfer deadline looks like we've left it far too late. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can't blame the manager for lack of running off the ball, simple ball control and poor marking. Nor for being outmuscled and outpaced. That is all down to the players who, as I have said many times, are mentally weak.

Russell looks like a pub player.

I absolutely blame the manager. We've gone significantly downhill. It's the manager's job to motivate, inspire confidence and get the best out of them.

Oh I see we've already blamed passion and effort.

Yeah, they deffo don't care. Why would they. It's only their careers. Why would they want to play in the PL or impress the hundreds of thousands watching the game. 

I thought after a terrible start we graduallly picked up and started trying to move the ball forward more quickly.  But lots of players are playing badly and we're terrified of shooting.

We need to drive forward more quickly and confidently. We're too deep and everyone has to get further up the pitch to be closer to Martin.

Russell, Hughes and Christie at fault for the goal, mainly the latter two. But nothing is working for Super Johnny Russell in and around the box and he's almost bound to come off at halftime, I think for Wilson.

Let's have Wilson up front with Martin and Ince and Butterfield in the wider positions and see what happens.

It's only 1-0 and we've tended to be far, far better in the second half that the first, so let's get behind the lads and cheer on the comeback. Come on you Rams!

16 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

We capitulated under McClaren, I personally pin it on the Newcastle speculation combined with some injuries to key players - I can't help but think however, if he had another season and the money we blew last summer, he'd have us up by now. 

He flirted with Newcastle, we sacked him...We all acted rashly. He got his silly ambition out of his system and he failed. Let's bury the hatchet and get him back. I was all for his sacking at the time but now I see the alternative I figure it's better the devil you know...

No really. I'm not kidding. 

Just now, Alpha said:

Oh I see we've already blamed passion and effort.

Yeah, they deffo don't care. Why would they. It's only their careers. Why would they want to play in the PL or impress the hundreds of thousands watching the game. 

Players are too comfortable here. Players are comfortable in their friendship groups. They know that if they go up they will be sold on. Drastic shakeup needed imo 

I would love to come on here and praise the side for a great performance and hate to come on and be negative but I'm struggling to find something positive to say .... Poor goal to concede, they look dangerous we look ponderous most of our possession is in our own half Martin looks isolated final ball is dreadful ... So someone please help me out cause I'm just hoping it's as the saying goes it's a game of two halves ... C'mon the Rams 

Archived