Burton Albion vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

I can't even work out what we're trying to do. At least under Clement we had a structure about our play, ableit it being a slow tempo passing structure and relying on individual brilliance.

This is tripe. We pass the ball about abit, then hit it long. Who are we hitting it long to? We have no runners!

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Tough choice coming up in September do I miss Newcastle and go on holoiday for the weekend or stay behind and watch this tripe mess :( 

Depends where the holiday is. If it's around the Iraqi/Syrian border then probably go to footy.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I can't even work out what we're trying to do. At least under Clement we had a structure about our play, ableit it being a slow tempo passing structure and relying on individual brilliance.

This is tripe. We pass the ball about abit, then hit it long. Who are we hitting it long to? We have no runners!

I didn't want Pearson originally, I didn't think our system suited him at all. Can't help but wonder what someone like Rowett/Warburton would've done with this side.

We're clearly trying to pass it about patiently. It isn't part of the plan to go long, but everyone's passing has been so pathetic the players are getting frustrated and just smacking it.

When we've knocked it around patiently (for a few minutes) you could see players move around in obviously predetermined ways. When hitting it long no-ones even chasing it. 

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

4 ex-Derby managers in the ground today. 

All thinking that despite their respective ages would probably perform better in any capacity than those currently employed, player or manager.

We look poor -no confidence - little evidence that there is a plan or at least that the players are buying into it.

Archived