Owen Bradley

Mafiabob

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been reading Owen's column in the Carlisle programme talking about BBC Radio Derby coverage of the Burton game saying that it's the first meeting of the two clubs that BBC Radio Derby cover. Do they not cover Chesterfield then being as it's also in Derbyshire? Only just started listening to it as it's a bit sketchy reception up here and I've always got Radio Sheffield on instead. Radio Sheffield I know cover Chesterfield but it's not in Yorkshire.:blink:

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just been reading Owen's column in the Carlisle programme talking about BBC Radio Derby coverage of the Burton game saying that it's the first meeting of the two clubs that BBC Radio Derby cover. Do they not cover Chesterfield then being as it's also in Derbyshire? Only just started listening to it as it's a bit sketchy reception up here and I've always got Radio Sheffield on instead. Radio Sheffield I know cover Chesterfield but it's not in Yorkshire.:blink:

Yet.

9 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

They always show the Chesterfield  highlights on Yorkshire telly as well.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Im assuming its our side lobbying hard to have chesterfield shunted into south yorkshire? :p

I think it costs "us" money if "we" lose Chesterfield to the ferret fiddlers.

I'm not fussed here in sunny South Derbyshire.

12 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Yet.

If Chesterfield does ever become part of South Yorkshire as part of this merger city region plan then i'm moving. Spent most of my teens and young adult life trying to escape that cesspit that is south Yorkshire so not getting dragged back in. Ok so Chesterfield is hardly the other end of the country but Derbyshire is just so much greener, quieter and you can get around relatively easy too. Love Derbyshire - Loathe Yorkshire (West and South - industrial greyness) parts of East and North are ok though although i'm constantly tutting at folk who claim that York is a nice city. Scratch the surface and live there for a bit and like anywhere, it's actually rough as hell.

Oh Derbyshire! Is wonderful! Oh Derbyshire is wonderful................................:)

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Im assuming its our side lobbying hard to have chesterfield shunted into south yorkshire? :p

They can only have Chesterfield if they promise to take Clay Cross as well - that'll scupper their plans....

Wonder if the chap who has been giving @OwenB87 all the sad tweets this afternoon, and other people who have welcomed him back, is a forum member or just follows us on twitter?

Some of the tweets are hilarious. I won't link the tweets but if anyone wants to have a look, Owen has responded to him a couple of times, you should be able to work out who I am on about.

Archived