Keep this atmosphere going!

Sexydadbod

I thought Villa fans were brilliant today and so were the Derby fans in the second half. The ipro was rocking after half time and everyone got behind the team. It's the best I have seen the ipro crowd since the 2014 play off semi final against Brighton. It clearly gave the players a bit more energy. Pearson kept encouraging the crowd to get louder too so he could see it had an effect. Let's keep this going folks, no more booing players, just get behind the team like we did today!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a difficult one. You pay your money, you deserve to voice your opinion. But does the booing help anything?

Second-half, every stand was immense. But was that because the Derby team were finally giving us something to get excited about? Difficult to be enthusiastic when you watch the kind of football we offered up in the first half.

Today was such an improvement! A full away end played a role but it just goes to show, if the players can give us something, anything to shout about, we will get totally behind them!

Newcastle game will need double that effort from the players, the fans, everyone. 

Hoping to announce something we are working on early next week, hopefully everyone will give it a chance and get involved.

1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

Hoping to announce something we are working on early next week, hopefully everyone will give it a chance and get involved.

Will the West Stand be starting a Mexican wave? I'm not sure some around me will be able to clap and shout at the same time.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's a difficult one. You pay your money, you deserve to voice your opinion. But does the booing help anything?

Second-half, every stand was immense. But was that because the Derby team were finally giving us something to get excited about? Difficult to be enthusiastic when you watch the kind of football we offered up in the first half.

But you are a supporter, you go to support. You should do that if they give something to cheer about or not. (Not aiming at you btw) Moaning and groaning will only have a negative effect. I want to see Tom Ince dance through players again. I've not seen it since he signed permanently. Its as if he doesn't have the confidence. We should be encouraging our flair players to go and do it again, not moan when it doesn't come off. 

I said today, in the second half - it's the team that gets the fans going. 

Should it be? well we've argued about it for years.

Nobodys right, nobodys wrong - we should support - they should play better.

It's both of our responsibility really I suppose.

11 hours ago, MrsRam said:

I said today, in the second half - it's the team that gets the fans going. 

Should it be? well we've argued about it for years.

Nobodys right, nobodys wrong - we should support - they should play better.

It's both of our responsibility really I suppose.

Sort of agree but there is an attitude thing ... Say Ince or Russell do a lung bursting run chasing a ball and just fail to control it with a final stretch of sinew .... Do we go .." Oooooo nearly" ... Or do we go "aghwrrrrr booo" .... We do feed each other but we have more of a choice in what we give them. 

15 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

When brummies start stringing sentences together, I don't mock but applaud their pluck. 

Only last week I heard of a young man from Aston with matching shoes and I absolutely salute the advances they have made over the last few millennia. 

I spent my early years in Brum and most of my extended family and in-laws are from that part of the world. The accents can sound comical but they have a great sense of humour. Did anyone else see the cardboard arrows story when they had their 'goal drought' last season?

They sneaked them into VP to help the strikers find the opposition goal......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2943931/Aston-Villa-fans-use-cardboard-arrows-help-Jores-Okore-end-club-s-goal-drought.html

37 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I spent my early years in Brum and most of my extended family and in-laws are from that part of the world. The accents can sound comical but they have a great sense of humour. Did anyone else see the cardboard arrows story when they had their 'goal drought' last season?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2943931/Aston-Villa-fans-use-cardboard-arrows-help-Jores-Okore-end-club-s-goal-drought.html

1884 group. Forget the flags, it's arrows we need! Just picture the whole of the south stand holding them. 

It's a virtuous cycle - players show some passion, we get behind them, they feel the love, they respond to encouragement, we encourage them more and so it goes.  It's passion from the players that's the key - we sang the players off after failing to score again - so we're showing that it's not just the result - give us something to cheer about and we do. 

And yes the Villa fans were great - but they were venomous towards their own players last season so let's not imagine they always get behind their team either.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I was just kidding. If we'd been playing a team from Royal Berkshire, Scotland or the wilds of Notts, I'd use the same crappy joke. I've lived in Brum for a few years and I haven't lived in Derby for 30 years, and happily take it on the chin with my mates up north about the perception of dour miserable Derby folk. Hang on a minute, that's not an urban myth is it? Us Derby folk actually are miserable grumpy bugguz who sound like extras from a Shane Meadows film. 

40 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I was just kidding. If we'd been playing a team from Royal Berkshire, Scotland or the wilds of Notts, I'd use the same crappy joke. I've lived in Brum for a few years and I haven't lived in Derby for 30 years, and happily take it on the chin with my mates up north about the perception of dour miserable Derby folk. Hang on a minute, that's not an urban myth is it? Us Derby folk actually are miserable grumpy bugguz who sound like extras from a Shane Meadows film. 

Oooh too late now .... they've seen your post ....  Peaky Blinders  :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

One thing I couldn't get around was Villa fans signing about empty seats? What empty seats? 1.5k? I'm not knocking Villa's gates, but VP was regularly almost half empty last season... 

They're just happy to to be singing anything.  After those that actually bothered turning up spent an entire season singing 'we're **** and everyone knows we are', they'll sing any old rubbish now they're not getting hammered every week.  I'd also hazard a guess that now they are a big fish in a smaller pool as opposed to everyone else's whipping boys, they probably expect every fan at every Championship club to be breathless at the opportuity of watching them.  

18 hours ago, McLovin said:

I thought Villa fans were brilliant today and so were the Derby fans in the second half. The ipro was rocking after half time and everyone got behind the team. It's the best I have seen the ipro crowd since the 2014 play off semi final against Brighton. It clearly gave the players a bit more energy. Pearson kept encouraging the crowd to get louder too so he could see it had an effect. Let's keep this going folks, no more booing players, just get behind the team like we did today!

Strange one this as one idiot on these boards was suggesting you 'could hear a pin drop in the second half' :blink:

Some of us Brummies are intelligent, I support Derby, mind you that's not a good example, lol. 

Other fans do show their ignorance though by calling Brummies 'yamyams'. Yamyams are from the black country ie Wolverhampton area and speak with a different accent to us Brummies.

Just thought you might like to know. 

Archived