September's Starting XI.

MACKWORTHRAM

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It is mate. 

I understand where you are coming from.

But for me. Its been 3 years of failure. These players have had their chance and all they do is let us down. 

After Saturday. I am at the end of my tether with them. It was utterly unacceptable. 

All these players have done over the last 3 years is prove that they arent good enough. 

Its only now im realising the players are nowhere near as good as I thought.

Why only three years of failure? What happened to the years prior to that where we didn't get promoted? I find it odd that people are starting the clock on 'failure' in the season where we almost got promoted when we weren't really expecting it and when we were pretty unlucky.

What everyone who keeps peddling this particular myth really means is that the Wembley season - coupled with Mel's money - has raised expectation to such an extent that anything but promotion has to be deemed failure (irrespective of context) and every defeat is a disaster. Its all so over the top and unnecessary. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It is mate. 

I understand where you are coming from.

But for me. Its been 3 years of failure. These players have had their chance and all they do is let us down. 

After Saturday. I am at the end of my tether with them. It was utterly unacceptable. 

All these players have done over the last 3 years is prove that they arent good enough. 

Its only now im realising the players are nowhere near as good as I thought.

I still think it only needed tinkering with, not a complete overhaul and a change of system. Mel needs to get his wallet out and back NP if this is the route we're going, cuz we need new blood and ship out the dross.

Carson

Yedlin    Keogh    Shackell     Forsyth

McManaman     Thorne    Hughes     Camara

Forestieri

Kodija

And a very strong bench.

This sort of team relies a lot on your two front men whereas I think the McClaren playoff team was superior for the creativity and goals likely to come from anywhere in the team. But it doesn't look bad.

If Pearson is to play 4-4-2(4-4-1-1) then it will be a long season. 

I think for all the ability we have in central midfield, they seriously struggle off the ball to not have that third man digging them out. I don't think it's necessarily their fault, because a lot of them have been playing with an extra man for the past three/four years. However, it doesn't count for much now and even Hughes is struggling to prove himself in a team that looks miles away from being a team able to compete.

If we're going to make this formation work, I think we need about 5-6 new players and some of our most talented footballers will simply have no role to play. 

Pearson definitely seems to prefer an athlete over intelligence.   

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Pearson is to play 4-4-2(4-4-1-1) then it will be a long season. 

I think for all the ability we have in central midfield, they seriously struggle off the ball to not have that third man digging them out. I don't think it's necessarily their fault, because a lot of them have been playing with an extra man for the past three/four years. However, it doesn't count for much now and even Hughes is struggling to prove himself in a team that looks miles away from being a team able to compete.

If we're going to make this formation work, I think we need about 5-6 new players and some of our most talented footballers will simply have no role to play. 

Im not sure thats necessarily true, his coaching staff were all on the intelligent side of the intelligence : athletic ratio when they were players,youd imagine they take that into their coaching style. I think he's just aware that you need a team thats very strong in the athletic category to get out of the championship. 

We have a great set of players when theyre on song, but its a very frail set of players. When was the last time all our best players played together?

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Blackman I think is evidence of this. Wasn't there a comment attributed to pearson to the effect that Blackman had impressed him - for his athleticism. 

God I hope we're not going down that route. I still have nightmares about carlton palmer and Geoff Thomas being picked in the England midfield for their "engines".

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Carson

Yedlin    Keogh    Shackell     Forsyth

McManaman     Thorne    Hughes     Camara

Forestieri

Kodija

And a very strong bench.

This sort of team relies a lot on your two front men whereas I think the McClaren playoff team was superior for the creativity and goals likely to come from anywhere in the team. But it doesn't look bad.

Would love to see Thorne and Hughes in a midfield 2. 

Think Kodija and Forestieri would come to over 20 million. Can we afford them?

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If we really wanted to go down this route we could by selling eg Martin, Hendrick & and one of Olsson/Forsyth/Christie. I'm not saying that's what we should do, but just giving you a proposed team based on the speculation (being a little naughty and adding McManaman who we've not been linked with for a whie but I think would be an excellent signing).

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we really wanted to go down this route we could by selling eg Martin, Hendrick & and one of Olsson/Forsyth/Christie. I'm not saying that's what we should do, but just giving you a proposed team based on the speculation (being a little naughty and adding McManaman who we've not been linked with for a whie but I think would be an excellent signing).

Id love McManaman. Think he would be perfect for us.

I reckon we could get him for 4/5 million. 

Just think we have turned down 7 million for Hendrick and 6.5 for Martin.

Say we sold Hendrick for 9 million and Martin for 8 million. 

£17 million for the pair. 

Christie in the last year of his contract. Sell him for £2 million (probably ambitious)

So say we make £19 million on selling those 3.

£10 million Forestieri, £4.5 million McManaman, £1.1 million Gunter, £2 million Gunnarson, £10 million Assombalonga (not been linked but id love him here)

So essentially we could sign those players for a total of say £28 million give or take. Net spend of £9 million.

See Mel. Its that easy ?

Im goin out celebrating if we do anything near that!

5 hours ago, LazloW said:

Why only three years of failure? What happened to the years prior to that where we didn't get promoted? I find it odd that people are starting the clock on 'failure' in the season where we almost got promoted when we weren't really expecting it and when we were pretty unlucky.

What everyone who keeps peddling this particular myth really means is that the Wembley season - coupled with Mel's money - has raised expectation to such an extent that anything but promotion has to be deemed failure (irrespective of context) and every defeat is a disaster. Its all so over the top and unnecessary. 

great post

5 hours ago, LazloW said:

I don't have expectations. I'd just like to enjoy watching Derby play. 

6 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But Thorne and Hughes have been integral parts of these failures that you are on about.

Both Kodija and Forestieri failed last season too.

What I want to see if we make no more signings:

Carson

Keogh     Shackell       Forsyth

Baird

Christie     Bryson      Hughes       Olsson

Martin   Weimann

Baird until Thorne returns because he knows the system playing with Northern Ireland.

I enjoy scrolling through these "dream team",  who should start, what's the best system to play type threads over me Monday morning tea and toast.

One thing I've noticed is that Darren Bent isn't mentioned in anyone's starting XI...................can someone mention this vital information to Mr Pearson ! :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

God, imagine Ince as a wingback.

that's not a wing back, the imaginary halfway line is behind him. In my formation, Derby as a team are advanced at least 15yds ahead of we have been over the last 15 months.

Archived