First name on the team sheet

archied

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/08/2016 at 03:41, Bris Vegas said:

Hughes, Martin, Keogh, Carson, Thorne...

That's the spine of a superb Championship team. The rest can be alternated, but if I was in charge those five would be playing every game barring injury.

Bryson, Butterfield, Ince, Russell, Forsyth, Christie and Shackell would be next for me in terms of importance.

Then it filters down to Weimann, Olsson, Rawson, Roos, Hendrick and I guess Hanson for versatility.

Pearce, Camara, Bent, Johnson and Grant are bottom of the barrel for me. If I was in charge I'd sell them immediately, and spend the bulk of any available funds on a new RB, CB, ST and wide player.

4-3-3.

Couldn't agree anymore mate! Spot on.

Never seen what people see in Butterfield. Apart from the few goals he's scored I've not seen anything to get excited about. Not particularly quick in movement or thought, can't tackle, not a great passer. Can't be doing the lack of a celebration when he scores either. Just doesn't look interested to me. Hughesy and Hendrick miles ahead of him, and Bryson of course when he's allowed to go forward as he clearly wasn't last week! 

Hughes first name for me and let's hope the ink runs out before it has to write Baird or Johnson! 

43 minutes ago, LincRam said:

Never seen what people see in Butterfield. Apart from the few goals he's scored I've not seen anything to get excited about. Not particularly quick in movement or thought, can't tackle, not a great passer. Can't be doing the lack of a celebration when he scores either. Just doesn't look interested to me. Hughesy and Hendrick miles ahead of him, and Bryson of course when he's allowed to go forward as he clearly wasn't last week! 

Hughes first name for me and let's hope the ink runs out before it has to write Baird or Johnson! 

Butterfield has slow thought and can't pass? WUM

He's not got natural awareness/instinct like Hughes which is why you see him constantly looking around. 

But he's a superb passer and underrated ball carrier. And he can shoot.

I rate him and Hughes as the best footballers. Not saying that's the midfield that would work but what do they lack between them? Not a lot

1 hour ago, LincRam said:

Never seen what people see in Butterfield.

Can't be doing the lack of a celebration when he scores either. Just doesn't look interested to me.

Are you seriously saying you judge a players ability on how well he celebrates!?!?

No wind up at all. He's never once dominated a midfield like Hughes has time and time again. Never once put in a quality ninety minute performance. Even when he scored two at hull he disappeared in the second half. If he's the player people think why hasn't he commanded and held down a starting position since he's been here whilst Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes have been injured so much and Bradley Johnson has been so much out of form??? He's constantly been dropped for other players ever since he's been here. Must show as much in training as he does on the pitch! 

52 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Are you seriously saying you judge a players ability on how well he celebrates!?!?

I think he must be.

I like his low key celebrating. If anything I reckon Butters is a level headed sort, no ego or attitude. Seems really shy when he's done interviews before too. Not every player is as brash as Zlatan or celebrates a goal like Tardelli. 

On topic my answer would be nobody. Nobody should be first name on the team sheet/guaranteed a start no matter what. That would be ludicrous. It's a team game and great individuals shine in great teams. I think NP is trying to find a great team. It will take him longer than one week. 

2 minutes ago, LincRam said:

No wind up at all. He's never once dominated a midfield like Hughes has time and time again. Never once put in a quality ninety minute performance. Even when he scored two at hull he disappeared in the second half. If he's the player people think why hasn't he commanded and held down a starting position since he's been here whilst Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes have been injured so much and Bradley Johnson has been so much out of form??? He's constantly been dropped for other players ever since he's been here. Must show as much in training as he does on the pitch! 

Are you sure you attend Derby County games?

1 minute ago, LincRam said:

Season ticket holder for 18years thanks. 

Tell me the game I must have missed where he ran a game. 

Won us games by himself on more than one occasion. Including that one you refer to where we beat the club who ended up promoted at our expense further down the line when he wasn't picked. 

Your eight posts so far have made it clear you're not Jacob Butterfield, so that's something. 

I'm in Sheffield now, and I'm about to have a few shandies so I will wish you a good evening. Here's to three points tomorrow and Butters finally running a game. :p

17 minutes ago, LincRam said:

Season ticket holder for 18years thanks. 

Tell me the game I must have missed where he ran a game. 

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

Archived