First name on the team sheet

archied

I think Hughes is top drawer but what I don't understand in this day and age with all the money kicking about the premiership is why no one has came in for him , are we missing something ? I don't even believe he's going to be a first team choice for np let alone first name on the team sheet 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, LincRam said:

Never seen what people see in Butterfield. Apart from the few goals he's scored I've not seen anything to get excited about. Not particularly quick in movement or thought, can't tackle, not a great passer. Can't be doing the lack of a celebration when he scores either. Just doesn't look interested to me. Hughesy and Hendrick miles ahead of him, and Bryson of course when he's allowed to go forward as he clearly wasn't last week! 

Hughes first name for me and let's hope the ink runs out before it has to write Baird or Johnson! 

Just spat out my morning air (can't afford food or drink) , to say you can't see what people see in butterfield is silly. With the ball id say he is more comfortable on it than any other Derby player. He can get out of tight spaces and knows how to pick a pass. If he was a little more consistent i think he'd be a prem player! 

The way the ball sticks to his feet and he passes it honestly reminds me of (all be it a poor mans championship standard) Santi carzola .

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

SC
CC    RK     JS     CF

GT
   WH               JB/CB

TI                                              JR
 CM

Without a doubt, this would be my team. 

Pearson wont do that, its 433, well unless you want to call it 41221 or 4321 etc etc.

17 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I think he must be.

I like his low key celebrating. If anything I reckon Butters is a level headed sort, no ego or attitude. Seems really shy when he's done interviews before too. Not every player is as brash as Zlatan or celebrates a goal like Tardelli. 

On topic my answer would be nobody. Nobody should be first name on the team sheet/guaranteed a start no matter what. That would be ludicrous. It's a team game and great individuals shine in great teams. I think NP is trying to find a great team. It will take him longer than one week. 

I agree in the main no name should be auto first name but the reason for the thread was to, get us fans to look with fresh eyes from game to game as season progresses in the style of who has earned the shirt for next game on the strength of the game just gone, was hoping the thread might be a bit of a grower and be a debate raiser each game for the next

6 hours ago, valleyram said:

I think Hughes is top drawer but what I don't understand in this day and age with all the money kicking about the premiership is why no one has came in for him , are we missing something ? I don't even believe he's going to be a first team choice for np let alone first name on the team sheet 

Heresy... Burn, burn burn....

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

There's been a lot of talk about Martin and how we've been building a team around him over the past few years, and whether it's time to change that philosophy. For me, we should be building a team around Will Hughes.

Hughes, Martin and J.R all smiles warming up with the subs circle, so not denting their morale on face of it.

I don't believe any of our players are good/consistabt enough to build a team around. NP is trying to make us hard to beat. I do not believe NP believes bent is the answer but he's the better option in the short term until we sign a new striker. Doesn't bother me one bit that Martin, Hughes and Russell are on the bench 

10 minutes ago, LincRam said:

Well he made me eat my words today ???! 57ish minutes of pure quality. Of course him being out of position will be the reason tonight. Jeez! 

Was there many better than him?

What did Hughes and Bryson do that Butterfield didn't? In their natural positions.

Apart from touch the ball twice as much and produce almost exactly the same. Less in Hughes case

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Was there many better than him?

What did Hughes and Bryson do that Butterfield didn't? In their natural positions.

Apart from touch the ball twice as much and produce almost exactly the same. Less in Hughes case

Hughes gave the ball away at almost every opportunity.  

9 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Grant

Wisdom Buxton Keogh Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson Hughes

Ward Martin Russell

:(

£25m on that. 

£10m on a striker?

£8m on wingers as they're all over the place. 

£5m helping Thorne? 

£2m on a defender? Some freebie covers?

Just firing out ideas like I'm playing fifa. But maybe it could have improved a team that got 85pts and scored more goals than the Champions that season Leicester City. 

And scored 6 more in the play offs

Archived