David Moyes

wombatram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, wombatram said:

Saw Mr Moyes inside PP today...  Hope he isn't scouting Hughes. 

Maybe another cunning plan by Pearson not to play hughes?

Not great pics but he was sat just to the left of me, also Gordon strachan was watching Bryson, spoke to them both at half time, moyes said he was looking at two players one of which wasn't on the pitch so he had a laugh about that but he was talking about Hughes, said he'd liked him for a long time. 

image.jpeg

image.jpg

30 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Not great pics but he was sat just to the left of me, also Gordon strachan was watching Bryson, spoke to them both at half time, moyes said he was looking at two players one of which wasn't on the pitch so he had a laugh about that but he was talking about Hughes, said he'd liked him for a long time. 

image.jpeg

image.jpg

One of our surprise omissions maybe? 

End of the day Hughes will always attract interest. He's one of the best players in the league, would love him to stay obviously. If they want him we need to do what Southampton did with their youngsters and get massive money, especially in the current market. A top English talent could be 15-20mil...I mean look at what Watford turned down for Deeney?!?! If he goes we can't get our pockets picked like with huddlestone 

I'd like to think Hughes could do better than Sunderland. Probably the worst club in the PL in terms of ambitions and performance, just ahead of West Brom. Always going to struggle, always going to see 17th as a successful season. If we were to go up and win about 8 games a season and just stay up, I'd get bored and probably rather be back down here, but that's easy to say when we're not in the PL. 

Back on topic, I think if Sunderland were interested it would be similar to the supposed Hendrick and Burnley situation. Yes they're a PL club but Will should have longer term ambitions. He knows he's good enough to get a better team than Sunderland. He could play in a top half PL side without looking out of place no problem. I honestly think he'd rather give it another go here than move to Sunderland this summer. If I were Will I would be holding out for a Southampton or Everton to come in, possibly Stoke seeing as they've been transformed under Mark Hughes. Sunderland would be a step forward but only a tiny one, and he's capable of much more when/if the time comes for him to move on.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mirror report that Sunderland are keen on Hendrick

Take the premier league money and re invest. It might of been the month in France thats taken it out of him, but he was well off the pace today. 

Archived