Johnny Russell

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell is a team player, his hard work stops goals being conceded as well as helping to create chances. If his final touch or decision making was a fraction better he'd be worth at least as much as Jeff Hendrick.

Absolute gem of a player, cost next to nowt and is an important part of the squad. 

Remember Bournemouth wanting Johnny the summer before they went up. We started talking about signing their right full back (Francis?) and they backed off. Now another promotion chasing team want Johnny. Says something.

Tell you what, until we've got someone who can actually keep him out of the team, why don't we keep him at this promotion chasing team?

4 hours ago, needles said:

Remember Bournemouth wanting Johnny the summer before they went up. We started talking about signing their right full back (Francis?) and they backed off. Now another promotion chasing team want Johnny. Says something.

Tell you what, until we've got someone who can actually keep him out of the team, why don't we keep him at this promotion chasing team?

I thought it was Matt Ritchie.

Keep keep keep!

Russell's defensive work is so underated. The amount of times he got Olsson out of trouble on Saturday was incredible. I wouldn't trust Anya, who is clearly struggling with injuries, to do the same.

Plus we're still getting flashes of the old Johnny going forward. He set up a goal on Saturdy and was unlucky not to score one as well. Until we get a better player, you don't let him go, especially to a promotion rival.

25 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Unless I've missed something on here the dogs are discussing JR to Forest .

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45517

12th post:

Nixon has only said that Brighton are keen, hasn't mentioned that we're looking at him as far as I can see.

@reluctantnicko have you heard a Jonny Russel link to forest Alan?? Seems an odd one

@norrish88 No. Brighton are the club looking to do a deal.

My gut feeling is that there isn't a chance he'll go to Brighton.

They're a promotion rival and he's been almost ever present in a team that won 7 games in a row and are unbeaten in 8. Our defensive record seems to line up with him playing too.

And, as ever, he's a popular player with the fans and his teammates. Why would we sell for a couple of million?

If we were going to get rid of a winger, there's other players far more likely to go.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

After Martin being allowed to join a fellow championship club on loan, I wouldn't be surprised if Will Hughes joined Newcastle or Villa.

So Johnny boy to a Brighton isn't so far fetched. 

Pearson still here, is he?

Weather people like Russell or not, it seems to me that Steve sees something in him that he likes. Near enough ever present in his 1st spell and missed just the one since he came back.

Personally I like Johnny for his effort and determination, but his final ball does let him down a lot. Looking from the outside I can't see Mac letting him go, but I might be wrong.

Let's be honest, is Anya any better than him? And he cost 4 mill.

Archived