Razza

DEL

Has Razza got a brother with a right foot ? 

We need a natural right winger if 44 is going to work effectively. Surrendering numbers in midfield only works if you use the extra width created preventing yourself from being over run. 

Just cos I didn't go to the match but want to post something. :lol:....  Here is my 4411/442 team

Christie Keogh Shacks Fozzie

MIssing-Righty  Thorne Hughes Camara 

.                      Ince Martin 

idealy Missing-Righty is discovered playing Sunday league football for Wallopdale Rovers, has Rams posters all over his bedroom wall; can jink, run and cross a bit like George Best. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

Yeah don't do what we've done with Blackman play him on the right so he needs to cut back in to cross the ball.. As this just allows them to get back into shape etc. We need people gambling in the box make him take his man on and get the cross in.

Absolutely.

Whipped in crosses from the byline are a nightmare for any defenders and in this league could prove unplayable for them if attacked with pace and aggression by a fast striker.

How good is Wells' heading ability?

29 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes but we should use him in his strongest position on the left as it has become a sort of problem area for us at the start of the season. We also have enough players on the right in Ince and Blackman

I know I was just saying that he isn't weak on the right, and has played there quite a few times. I quite like having a player cutting in on one side, but like ward when he was on the left, or Russell on the right, Bamford right, Dawkins left, Weimann left, Ince right. It isn't something that is new to us, and has brought us quite a few goals, also with them coming inside it has left space for the full backs to over lap and they both aren't trying to occupy the same space.

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Well last night when razza came on, he gave us pace and was not afraid to take his man on, when he gets the ball, you could see the Preston defence stand off him, he could be a very good player at this level, and I would deffo start him against Villa.

Think it's easier said than done. He has 20 minutes football in at least 6 months, and barely had a pre season. Think he will have another chance off the bench against Villa, before getting a start in the cup. 

Bloody hell @DcFc Dyycheee that's commitment making a video for 20 minutes worth of highlights, good stuff mate! 

Love that bit of skill at 50 seconds. Just something different. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should hype the lad up too much, but he's brought the energy of a new signing to the fans. Hopefully we can add more signings and keep the buzz going 

8 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Bloody hell @DcFc Dyycheee that's commitment making a video for 20 minutes worth of highlights, good stuff mate! 

Love that bit of skill at 50 seconds. Just something different. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should hype the lad up too much, but he's brought the energy of a new signing to the fans. Hopefully we can add more signings and keep the buzz going 

Martin looks like he is sunbathing at 1:00

22 hours ago, rynny said:

I know I was just saying that he isn't weak on the right, and has played there quite a few times. I quite like having a player cutting in on one side, but like ward when he was on the left, or Russell on the right, Bamford right, Dawkins left, Weimann left, Ince right. It isn't something that is new to us, and has brought us quite a few goals, also with them coming inside it has left space for the full backs to over lap and they both aren't trying to occupy the same space.

The thing is with the 433 that we played the last few years we needed the wider players to come inside and support/play off Martin, with the 442/variant we now look to be playing we need genuine wide men who will hog the line, get to the by line and whip crosses in. Ask any defender or keeper outswinging crosses are harder to defend than inswinging ones. plus from an attacking point of view outswingers are better to attack.

14 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

The thing is with the 433 that we played the last few years we needed the wider players to come inside and support/play off Martin, with the 442/variant we now look to be playing we need genuine wide men who will hog the line, get to the by line and whip crosses in. Ask any defender or keeper outswinging crosses are harder to defend than inswinging ones. plus from an attacking point of view outswingers are better to attack.

If we played with two men 'hogging' the line, we would get over-run in midfield, our attacking full-backs would be cramped for space and we rarely score from crosses anyway. I am happier when we are passing the ball on our beautiful new pitch.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 08:38, rynny said:

Thought he played both for Angers, certainly seen a lot footage with him on the right.

As a one footed left winger playing against a right back , the winger will need to play outside the right back, this unfortunately will in most cases be the right backs strongest side. So sometimes he left winger will play on the right, against a left back and the left footed winger would cut inside the left back those playing against the left backs weakest side. You do see this often when wingers swap over sides when they not getting their way over the right or left back.

I much prefer to see wingers and forwards move freely across the pitch rather than being static, much harder for the opponents to mark and also brags the defence all over the place which in turn opens up spaces/ channels for our attacking midfield to run into [thinking Bryson here].

25 minutes ago, bcnram said:

If we played with two men 'hogging' the line, we would get over-run in midfield, our attacking full-backs would be cramped for space and we rarely score from crosses anyway. I am happier when we are passing the ball on our beautiful new pitch.

I think we ought to hoof it. Don't want the pitch to be damaged by pesky short passing.

I'm sad he didn't score on that great run.

His lack of confidence in his right foot is clearly his great flaw. If it's at all possible for our coaching staff to improve his confidence in that regard we're definitely on to a winner. Eventually all defenders are going to be showing him onto his right foot and it will just come down to whether or not he can outplay them.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

As a one footed left winger playing against a right back , the winger will need to play outside the right back, this unfortunately will in most cases be the right backs strongest side. So sometimes he left winger will play on the right, against a left back and the left footed winger would cut inside the left back those playing against the left backs weakest side. You do see this often when wingers swap over sides when they not getting their way over the right or left back.

I much prefer to see wingers and forwards move freely across the pitch rather than being static, much harder for the opponents to mark and also brags the defence all over the place which in turn opens up spaces/ channels for our attacking midfield to run into [thinking Bryson here].

Sorry but got to disagree.

The classic "end position" for a true winger has always been to get to the byline by beating the fullback on the outside and then crossing the ball back so that the oncoming strikers can come in to meet it while it is curling away from the defenders.

Especially if whipped in with pace, this type of centre is virtually unplayable for even the best stoppers, as it is actually coming from behind them.

To do this a winger needs to be playing on his own strongest side, left side/left foot in Razza's case.

The key to going by the back is to simply outrun him, which is Razza's strength.

I went to Tuesday's game. He seemed purely left footed to me and don't recall him using his right at all.

All defenders hate to be attacked at speed. It can unnerve even the best of them. Once so rattled, they become easy prey for a determined winger.

That said, if he can be coached to be equally adept with either foot, it would make him twice the player, as he could then go outside or inside the back - on either wing to boot.

He needs to watch old videos of Alan Hinton to learn the art of centring with either foot, static or on the run. 

1 minute ago, Robbie Ram said:

Sorry but got to disagree.

The classic "end position" for a true winger has always been to get to the byline by beating the fullback on the outside and then crossing the ball back so that the oncoming strikers can come in to meet it while it is curling away from the defenders.

Especially if whipped in with pace, this type of centre is virtually unplayable for even the best stoppers, as it is actually coming from behind them.

To do this a winger needs to be playing on his own strongest side, left side/left foot in Razza's case.

The key to going by the back is to simply outrun him, which is Razza's strength.

I went to Tuesday's game. He seemed purely left footed to me and don't recall him using his right at all.

All defenders hate to be attacked at speed. It can unnerve even the best of them. Once so rattled, they become easy prey for a determined winger.

That said, if he can be coached to be equally adept with either foot, it would make him twice the player, as he could then go outside or inside the back - on either wing to boot.

He needs to watch old videos of Alan Hinton to learn the art of centring with either foot, static or on the run. 

Whilst the end game of being competent on both feet is an ideal, all you have to really do is go down on the right a couple of times early. That puts enough doubt in the full back's mind, as soon as he's been roasted on the outside, to give up the inside.

55 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

From a goal keepers point of view the in-swinging one is harder to deal with, do you go for the ball, do you stay on your line? If you stay on your line do gamble on no one getting a touch and collecting it at the end? Do you stay on your line in anticipation of someone getting a touch but risk it creeping in at the back post? Look at Ince's cross on Tuesday that hit the post, in-swinger that was as dangerous as you can get from a cross without scoring.

From a defenders point of view, neither are harder to defend as you have to win your header, although it is slightly harder to get a decent power header away from an out swinger.

Archived