Hearsay & ITK

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

When do the players fly out to Portugal?

Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning I'd say. 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Heard that Mason Bennett could be moving to Burton Albion to link up with Nigel Clough on a permanent deal.

Not sure I'd be happy with that as he had shown great potential some times.

Some times is the problem, we need real proven quality to get out of this league we can't keep hanging on to players for what ifs. I'd stick a buy back clause in his contract for if he does unlock that potential, don't want to do a Man United / Pogba situation. 

Can we have any sort of update?

Were we expecting it to be done by now because on Monday that's what came across.

If so has the deal hit a few complications? Or is it completely dead?

If it is still well and truly on do we have any idea how far away we are from completing it?

23 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Can we have any sort of update?

Were we expecting it to be done by now because on Monday that's what came across.

If so has the deal hit a few complications? Or is it completely dead?

If it is still well and truly on do we have any idea how far away we are from completing it?

The week isn't over yet

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

Some times is the problem, we need real proven quality to get out of this league we can't keep hanging on to players for what ifs. I'd stick a buy back clause in his contract for if he does unlock that potential, don't want to do a Man United / Pogba situation. 

I agree,

Tbf the buy back clause is a good shout.

Surprised only big clubs i.e Barca use it

7 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Heard that Mason Bennett could be moving to Burton Albion to link up with Nigel Clough on a permanent deal.

Not sure I'd be happy with that as he had shown great potential some times.

So you want to sell Keogh but keep Bennett???

:blink:

Everything I've seen of Bennett says L1/L2 striker, I'd love to be wrong but he just didn't seem to grow in to the type of player we expected. His scoring record at Burton pretty much tells you what you need to know. 1 goal in 16 in a team that won promotion from L1. I'd love him to come good but I can't see it, even if he does run like Wanchope.

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Annoyingly, Clough will make more of him than we could. He needs games and less competition for aplace.

Why less competition? Surely more would force him to raise his game and avoid complacency.

9 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

What is this thread?

SDSR posted a thread for updates and mods changed the thread names. 

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Because with more competition he will not get in the team - see DCFC for details.

But if Clough can get more out of him than any of his managers at Derby have managed then if he's good enough he'll get selected.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

But if Clough can get more out of him than any of his managers at Derby have managed then if he's good enough he'll get selected.

Heill get selected for Burton but not for us because we have better players, allegedly. I do not think that Pearson will ostracise any of our players.

Archived