Hearsay & ITK

I have a lot of respect for SDSR. He is clearly well connected. Even more so than me. 

Personally I think he saw the tweet from the acadamy scout. Put 2 and 2 together and came up with what he posted at the beginning of this thread. 

Because of how well connected he appears to be and his hit rate previously people will hang on his every word. 

The thing that gets my back up is when he says that players are "on the list". 

Im sorry. But there is not a cat in hells chance he has seen a list, know whos on it or that we even have a list. 

This club is extremely well run. Not a lot gets out anymore. I used to get a lot of information. But I dont get anything anymore. 

So I dont post. It would be so easy for me to say, "Yeah we are after a player before we go to Portugal" without having any substance behind it whatsoever. But whats the point?

SDSR has got information right in the past, likes how people hang on his every word and now theres not a lot coming out of the club anymore. Still feels the need to post riddles and make out hes seen a list of our transfer targets. 

If we have a list and its been allowed to be seen by a bloke who will happily post on the forum. Then the club isnt being run well. At all.

My guess is that, like myself, right now SDSR knows absolutely nothing. 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still believe that the post that the academy bloke made on Twitter was directed to the return of Idiakez rather than players coming in or out. All he said was that there should be a little movement this week. That could have meant anything. Seems a bit silly to be linked with players when Pearson has had only a week to evaluate the players. We don't want a similar situation to last season where we bought players on name rather than to suit the needs of the team, It's actually refreshing to see us taking our time to assess potential targets, just as long we sign them before the season starts, especially not  panic buying on deadline day 

I used to be ITK back in the heyday of the early to mid 70s.  My sources were as good as it gets and the info I got, used to get out via word of mouth in those days.  I am not sure I would like the pressure of a forum, constantly being pumped for information.  I never released any information until I was sure, even if I had heard something quite a while before.  Say something too soon and if the deal falls through unexpectedly, it can make one look foolish and once your reputation is tarnished it is very hard to get it back again.  Luckily, every bit of info I got was 100%, but that was to be expected from my sources.

2 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I used to be ITK back in the heyday of the early to mid 70s.  My sources were as good as it gets and the info I got, used to get out via word of mouth in those days.  I am not sure I would like the pressure of a forum, constantly being pumped for information.  I never released any information until I was sure, even if I had heard something quite a while before.  Say something too soon and if the deal falls through unexpectedly, it can make one look foolish and once your reputation is tarnished it is very hard to get it back again.  Luckily, every bit of info I got was 100%, but that was to be expected from my sources.

Who was it? and are they still alive or connected with the club?

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I have a lot of respect for SDSR. He is clearly well connected. Even more so than me.

Personally I think he saw the tweet from the acadamy scout. Put 2 and 2 together and came up with what he posted at the beginning of this thread. 

Because of how well connected he appears to be and his hit rate previously people will hang on his every word.

Im sorry. But there is not a cat in hells chance he has seen a list, know whos on it or that we even have a list.

This club is extremely well run. Not a lot gets out anymore. I used to get a lot of information. But I dont get anything anymore.

So I dont post. It would be so easy for me to say, "Yeah we are after a player before we go to Portugal" without having any substance behind it whatsoever. But whats the point?

SDSR has got information right in the past, likes how people hang on his every word and now theres not a lot coming out of the club anymore. Still feels the need to post riddles and make out hes seen a list of our transfer targets.

If we have a list and its been allowed to be seen by a bloke who will happily post on the forum. Then the club isnt being run well. At all.

If this is the case it would be nice if he could confirm this. @SuperDerbySuperRams

2 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

hal robson Kanu signing soon free agent on a 3 year deal heard from sources in the club #ITN ;) 

not really just pulling your legs :):) 

ITN have source's in the club? Those media companies have their fingers in every pie, don't they!

I can't understand why people are worrying about adding to the squad before a ball has been kicked in a friendly. Yes it would be nice to get some quality additions, but this squad has been together for a while now and should be able to start the season strongly without having to worry about learning about how each other plays or stress over whether the players around them will sulk if you give them a bit of grief over a bad performance. Give this squad a chance and only add if they players wanted is superior to what we have or brings that extra bit of quality needed to complete the jigsaw.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I can't understand why people are worrying about adding to the squad before a ball has been kicked in a friendly. Yes it would be nice to get some quality additions, but this squad has been together for a while now and should be able to start the season strongly without having to worry about learning about how each other plays or stress over whether the players around them will sulk if you give them a bit of grief over a bad performance. Give this squad a chance and only add if they players wanted is superior to what we have or brings that extra bit of quality needed to complete the jigsaw.

I think we need to get rid of a few first, the squad is too big....Grant, Baird, Pearce, Buxton, Johnson, Bent to name a few, free up some wages and then bring in 2 quality additions, a centre half to challenge Keogh and Shackell and a proven goal scorer with some pace....

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Who was it? and are they still alive or connected with the club?

19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

----------------

Even now, I will not say who they were/are.  Some are still with us, but are not connected with the club now as far as I am aware, even so, I will continue to respect their confidence. Sadly, one died a few years ago.  That is as much as I will say.  I am certainly not ITK nowadays so it is all irrelevant now.

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

Has SDSR gone into hiding?

I understand he has a reputation for always having good information but it would be nice to update this 'update' thread because its been 6 days and nothing seems to of progressed or came out.

Come on pal what is the situation?

You clearly don't have patience whatsoever. 

27 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You clearly don't have patience whatsoever.

Maybe I don't?

But I feel that a further update is not a lot to ask. I mean you shouldn't really be posting things Monday then go into hiding all week.

Maybe he is busy and hasn't had chance to go online but even a 'no deal is done yet could be another week' comment would be fine.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Maybe I don't?

But I feel that a further update is not a lot to ask. I mean you shouldn't really be posting things Monday then go into hiding all week.

Maybe he is busy and hasn't had chance to go online but even a 'no deal is done yet could be another week' comment would be fine.

He's posted pretty regular in this thread to be fair

12 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Maybe I don't?

He didn't hide at all and he did also posted some on here. 

13 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Maybe I don't?

You must have really hammered clubcall back in the day before the information superhighway came along..... 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Miaowww!!!

Archived