Next season's tolerance level?

robglosta

Tolerance?   

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, with the arrival of Pearson and a healthy squad of potential - where does the tolerance/patience/boo-motivation sit with fans at the moment? 

Will he be given more time than Clement?  Will we be less or more expectant? More or less patient? 

Discuss, poll for good measure. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't even like Pearson but I won't moan if the first months are a bit up and down. So long as you can see what he's trying to do and it's aggressive and allowing players to express themselves.

If it's cagey and stuff then I'm booing the block head. 

If he makes it all really fun and we're winning then i'll say I always wanted him and @EastHertsRam should apologise for hating on the Ostrich slayer

6 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm a very emotional person, so he gets 1 game and I will decide if he is either the messiah or the worst thing to ever happen to this football club. No inbetweens. 

There's no place for gray in the of black and white.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm a very emotional person, so he gets 1 game and I will decide if he is either the messiah or the worst thing to ever happen to this football club. No inbetweens. 

Sod 1 game...lets start booing on 10 minutes if we arent 3-0 up.

Sod the whole season option which is currently way out in front in the poll.

If he's the answer to all our problems, and I hope he is, he should have things gelling by Christmas. He's got more experience of this league than most of who I would consider our rivals for a top 6 place. 

I saw a bit from his press conference where I thought he'd added a touch of humility to his demeanour, I liked that because prior to him joining us I always had the impression if he was an ice cream he'd lick himself. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out he's had some kind of therapy during his sabbatical.

I wish him well and hope he's given a free reign to do things his way, I get the impression there will be no need for the owner to have a rant in the dressing room after a game as the liberties that were taken (in my impression) with the last three managers won't be taken with Pearson.

I think Pearson is a good manager for this level. I'd give him the whole season and if things go relatively well and the team shows potential with him I'd let him continue the next season as well. At least until Christmas.

Changing managers constantly ain't the way to the success in my mind. Getting results in any sports requires long time work and planning. Still it's only in team sports that coaches get sacked after 2-3 months. No one changes coaches in track and field, boxing or skiing in that time. To get the top results you need more stability.

If things ain't working well enough come for Christmas let him get the player(s) that have the ability to make the change. We already have a good enough core to make things happen.

9 hours ago, robglosta said:

So, with the arrival of Pearson and a healthy squad of potential - where does the tolerance/patience/boo-motivation sit with fans at the moment? 

Will he be given more time than Clement?  Will we be less or more expectant? More or less patient? 

Discuss, poll for good measure. 

Got to be given more time than Clement , think he will be judged on where we finish at the end of the season, and not whether we are top at Christmas.

We have a tough start with first 3 home games in the league being Brighton , Villa & Newcastle. So don't expect a flying start .

Think we have done well to secure a manager who had good success at Leicester and will be eager to prove he can do it again at Derby.

He will surely be motivated to prove that he has still got it .

Glad also to see we haven't rushed out to buy more players , rather we have been trimming the squad down.

However hopeful we will make a couple of signings soon !

We need to be a team that plays with the passion of Wales and not be a team of overpaid underperforming misfits.

The last couple of seasons we have collapsed like a house of cards , I think Pearson will be able to ensure that does not happen. We will get stronger as the season progresses

We've seen what happens when you try and buy your way out this league buying heads instead of players for certain positions, it leads to an unsettled bloated squad. He needs a year to get the team spirit back, remove the deadwood and get us playing attacking football again.

I do believe NP is the missing link to getting us up, like others have mentioned, if we could have employed him in February i do believe we would be looking forward to Arsenal, UTD and City this season instead of Burton, Barnsley and Wigan.

First misplaced pass.

By the time our first loss come around I'm sure we'll have a baying mob wanting blood and mass sackings.

Lose two before the new year and it'll be massed live suicide on Sportscene Talk in.

In all seriousness, long as we are reasonable im chilled out about it. New season decent squad, ruthless psychopath for a manager. I think it's going to be fine.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I do believe NP is the missing link to getting us up, like others have mentioned, if we could have employed him in February i do believe we would be looking forward to Arsenal, UTD and City this season instead of Burton, Barnsley and Wigan.

Not really answered the question though!

If you think he would have got it right in the last 4 months of the season does this mean he has until the end of November to prove himself?

A season at the very least. I'm not all that fussed if we don't go up as long as we see something taking shape, it took him 3 years to get it right at Leicester so I'm happy for him to take his time and get it right here. 

Archived