Next season's tolerance level?

robglosta

Tolerance?   

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am really confident that we will get up to speed very quickly but if we don't, I want us to give Nigel Pearson a season plus - I don't want us to be that club that keeps chopping and changing managers. I am worried that we are heading that way.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guarantee the 1st missed pass against Brighton the blokes to my left will be on their feet "boooooo, not good enough, I want my money back, it's Inces fault blah blah blah blah" ahhhhh role on the football season, God I've missed it :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not really answered the question though!

If you think he would have got it right in the last 4 months of the season does this mean he has until the end of November to prove himself?

No!

He has the all the time he needs to do the job, not the time that the OP is asking.

I was the one that voted ' other'

I always back the manager, until the day he leaves.

You've seen the kind of decisions the general public make - leave it to the experts (Gove, please note, you moron)

11 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I guarantee the 1st missed pass against Brighton the blokes to my left will be on their feet "boooooo, not good enough, I want my money back, it's Inces fault blah blah blah blah" ahhhhh role on the football season, God I've missed it :thumbsup:

Won't take that long Texas. 

Soon as the team names are being announced there'll be a few "wtf has he picked ince/russell/bent/weimann/hanson/etc for"

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 00:24, eddie said:

I always back the manager, until the day he leaves.

You've seen the kind of decisions the general public make - leave it to the experts (Gove, please note, you moron)

Yeah,

Like the experts that said it was bad for the UK businesses not to join the Euro, like the experts that fcuked up the banking.

We fought two world wars so not to be controlled by Germany.

Needs to be given an entire season. I had a short fuse with Clement because he had no experience and needed to hit the ground running given the backing from Mel. NP has a proven record of getting a team promoted, which took time. If we stick with him we'll get there. He has my full faith. 

Give him full term of his contract minimum , I believe we have a manager proven capable of the job required ie promotion and also plenty of promise to produce at the next level,, time scale for reaching those goals will depend on whether enough player s in our current squad really have what it takes and how long it takes to replace any who don't and build the culture of consistency in our club that has been glaringly missing over the last few years ,, we are bipolar , we go from stunningly good to can't even string two passes together al to often and too easily with no apparent reason ,,, of course a little bit of luck will play a part too ,, it's football after all ,, we have the right man at last if we keep faith we will get where we want to be

Anyone else seeing a different approach? from watching the new vids today, more laptops seem to be getting used, fitness also looks a big player from the videos... He'll no doubt bring in the same methods he did at Leicester. Looking forward to it.

Honestly fed up of reading about "The Derby Way". If we have a "way" it's generally not obvious to anyone! 

Let's play whatever way the new boss dictates to the squad and see where it gets us.

As long as every player can walk, stagger or be carried off the pitch knowing they've bust a gut for the team and given their undiluted all for the cause, that should be our "way". If our playing staff's general ability isn't enough to succeed, then fine, as long as they're on their chinstraps at the end of every game you won't hear one iota of a chunter or complaint from me.

Once NP gets to grips with the side and starts to meld it in an effective squad capable of winning games, I think we'll start to see what we're genuinely capable of. We have flattered to deceive for far too long at this level, so before anyone says we have a right to be at the top, let's see if the team can earn it rather than our fans demand it.

The advantage we have over some teams is that the squad have played together for several seasons.

I posted last year about the number of players that have made more than 100 league appearances for Derby.

Hendrick, Grant, Buxton, Hughes, Bryson, Martin, Russell, Keogh and Forsyth make up the list of nice with Shackell not far behind (albeit in two spells).

I doubt we've had that sort of squad consistency since the glory days of the mid-70's.

We start moaning around December because we don't walk ball into the net even though we are comfortable in the Autos..... Have a couple of games blip, panic and call for his head...... 

Sorry i missed the plot has the league fixtures been reduced ti 23 games.

No January window i will miss it going to be a long summer.

have they brought the  Quator world cup forward

must be new rules Head coaches 1 year---Managers 6 months,.

30 pound a home match the crowds gone mad

Archived