Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

34 minutes ago, froggg said:

I was there mate quite soon after it happened, very moving.

Bit of a pilgrimage for me when I am in NYC. I had dinner in the old twin towers and had visited them on a few occasions. I also saw them as rubble and then the rebuilding. Have not been for a few years so my first opportunity to see the pools and the new building. 

I do like New York.  Columbus festivities here at the moment. Got to work next week so will be stuck at the airport till Weds then Manhattan on Thursday. Pissed down today. 

Strangely nobody shot me. Well not yet anyway. 

Edited by Angry Ram

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Bit of a pilgrimage for me when I am in NYC. I had dinner in the old twin towers and had visited them on a few occasions. I also saw them as rubble and then the rebuilding. Have not been for a few years so my first opportunity to see the pools and the new building. 

I do like New York.  Columbus festivities here at the moment. Got to work next week so will be stuck at the airport till Weds then Manhattan on Thursday. Pissed down today. 

Strangely nobody shot me. Well not yet anyway. 

Back for Sunday?

20 hours ago, froggg said:

I was there mate quite soon after it happened, very moving.

My stepdaughter was there when it happened. Went to NY with a bunch of student nurses/doctors staying in a hostel. They had planned to visit on the eleventh, but decided they wanted to do something else that day and moved it back a day. Still got the admission ticket dated the 9th (you had to book a day in advance) and a little commemorative glass from there.

They saw the towers collapsing and offered to help (medically) but were turned away. The Indian airline they'd flown out with (it was cheap) refused to fly out, so we sent her some money to get out asap. Scary.

I would love to picture where i am but haven’t got a clue how to do it. Took the bride to valencia. What a fantastic city. Plenty of bars with craft beers. At the barrier del Carmen having a checky tipple. Hoping to see the football stadium tomorrow. If you ever get the chance come to valencia.

Edited by BarrowRam

10 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

I would love to picture where i am but haven’t got a clue how to do it. Took the bride to valencia. What a fantastic city. Plenty of bars with craft beers. At the barrier del Carmen having a checky tipple. Hoping to see the football stadium tomorrow. If you ever get the chance come to valencia.

I’ll be there on Wednesday, Valencia v Sevilla on the Saturday, tell me more about the craft ale bars. ?

Can’t believe all the craft ales. Birra & blues is just before the central market. They have upto eleven craft ales on draft and the food is great. Also try Tyris on tap a little bit further up the street. Also blue moon have a bar here. It’s near the station.

Edited by BarrowRam

16 hours ago, froggg said:

I’ll be there on Wednesday, Valencia v Sevilla on the Saturday, tell me more about the craft ale bars. ?

Just had a walk around valencia ground.  It was closed due to Spanish holiday. If you get the chance go to the bar el del bombo. The guy who owns it is the drummer for the Spain team. He has loads of scarfs on the celling. Told him I’ll bring him a derby scarf next time.