Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

6 hours ago, David said:

On the ferry waiting to set off to Rotterdam, then bus into Amsterdam.

No whacky backy for me, I will take a wander down the red light district though, be rude not to.

9E8749A4-CF63-436D-B3EB-46E1893808BA.jpeg

But surely you didn't miss a home game...

13 hours ago, David said:

On the ferry waiting to set off to Rotterdam, then bus into Amsterdam.

No whacky backy for me, I will take a wander down the red light district though, be rude not to.

9E8749A4-CF63-436D-B3EB-46E1893808BA.jpeg

Be careful of the "chocolate cake".

I think it's just chocolate flavour.  Not real chocolate at all!  ?

Jeeez, Amsterdam really isn't my kinda place.

Streets are rammed with 20 year olds walking round smoking that crap. Knew it was a thing, but the streets just stink so bad.

Well I've done it, can't say I'll ever be back.

27 minutes ago, David said:

Jeeez, Amsterdam really isn't my kinda place.

Streets are rammed with 20 year olds walking round smoking that crap. Knew it was a thing, but the streets just stink so bad.

Well I've done it, can't say I'll ever be back.

We stayed in Haarlem when we wanted to "do" Amsterdam  about 5 years ago - lovely old city, much quieter with cheaper accommodation and only 20 minutes on the train into Amsterdam. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

We stayed in Haarlem when we wanted to "do" Amsterdam  about 5 years ago - lovely old city, much quieter with cheaper accommodation and only 20 minutes on the train into Amsterdam. 

Was just saying to the Mrs, would like to come back and see different areas of the Netherlands, not write it off just because of Amsterdam.

What was your thoughts of Amsterdam?

25 minutes ago, David said:

Was just saying to the Mrs, would like to come back and see different areas of the Netherlands, not write it off just because of Amsterdam.

What was your thoughts of Amsterdam?

I'd been there a couple of times in the 1980s but the objective this time was to see more of the art & culture that I hadn't seen much of the previous two times. I'd looked at staying in the city centre, but the hotel prices were ridiculous. That's why we ended up staying out in Haarlem - it also suited our preferences at our time of life compared to 40 years ago. Amsterdam's even more of a cyclist's city now as you probably noticed- they really do seem to regard pedestrians and tourists as a nuisance! That aside, it still seemed to be the relaxed, easy-going place that I remembered. I found the natives friendly enough as before and strolling around the canals and bars was a treat.

I did a mini-tour of the southern Netherlands also back in the 80s and found Utrecht, Maastricht, Dordrecht and s'Hertegenbosch in particular worthwhile, but that WAS a long time ago!

20 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Amsterdam's even more of a cyclist's city now as you probably noticed- they really do seem to regard pedestrians and tourists as a nuisance!

Tell me about it, those tinkling bells are worse than the granny scooters over here. You get a 2ft pavement and 8ft cycle lane. Step one foot on there and you have a tyre up your arse.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Tell me about it, those tinkling bells are worse than the granny scooters over here. You get a 2ft pavement and 8ft cycle lane. Step one foot on there and you have a tyre up your arse.

Mrs C nearly ended up in someone's front basket a couple of times ?

4 hours ago, David said:

That's not as bad as it may sound mate.  They come out ok, as long as you fully deflate them first.  ?