Hughes linked with Newcastle

RiddingsRam

The only pull I see to Newcastle for him would be to work under benitez. He is a Liverpool fan and I'm sure he used to tweet a lot of admiration for him when he was younger. 

But I don't see it happening until Newcastle are back in the premier league. Crazy to think Benitez started off last season manager of Real Madrid, then to start next season as a championship manager. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Well good luck with your finals, I've been in the same situation so I can understand, although I did my finals during the 2014 play offs, yeah...... not good for motivation :lol:

Yeah I'm almost glad we didn't reach the final! Lose and that's the whole day written off, win and that's two days written off. With an exam on the 31st it would have been irresponsible of us to get promoted. Thank you, Derby, always thinking of me.

Bryson for £5m is a good return, I'd strongly consider that as an offer. If we do hire Pearson we'll probably play 4-4-2 which would make some centre midfielders surplus to requirements.

Hughes... no. Not to a divisional rival. Every player has a price of course but he's not even maxed out his value yet, we'd be mad to sell him when he's just coming back from a serious injury.

5 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

And what ? Stating a fact to someone else's post ! Did you even read the original?

They said we don't need to sell, you said his contract expires in 2018, and I followed up by asking the relevance. You still haven't given that relevance. 

Can't see why we would sell Hughes.  If we keep him, we may be an EPL team in 12 months time and enjoy all the financial rewards that come with that.  Without him our chances would be seriously diminished.  I think we can keep him for another year without feeling too guilty that we are holding him back in his career. 

As for Will, you can't blame a professional footballer for wanting to move if it results in an increase in wages or chance of success.  It is their career after all.  However, Newcastle would be an odd choice for Hughes as he is clearly good enough for the EPL or another top tier European team.  He will get better offers than Newcastle. 

I can't see Nigel accepting the Rams job only to be told that we would part company with our finest player.

Trouble is, he may have been promised money to spend on new players. Best source of ready cash?

Start a bidding war for Will!

He must surely see that his future lies with much bigger clubs than that Magpies!

6 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

£5 million is a lot of money. That being said I do rate Bryson very highly, his workrate and constant pressure, by way of closing down, would be missed...

Every player has his price though

They do but Bryson's must be higher than £5m

5 hours ago, philmycock said:

I'd be bloody miffed if we sold Bryson for £1m cheaper than we signed Bradley Johnson!!!

Haha hadn't considered that, bit of perspective I guess.

That being said, Johnson of last season was a better player than Bryson for the past 2 seasons in my eyes so potentially justified?

13/14 Bryson I would value much higher but as many predicted that was simply an especially good vein of form for him in regard to the goals scored.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

I've got the peroxide and hair gel ready lads.

A quick dye and restyle of bradleys hair and send him up there. £20m we said wasnt it Mike? 

Swap a ballet dancer for a gorilla? 

At first thought an outrageous idea but then again it's Newcastle

Johnson and Butterfield cost how much? Bryson £5m my arse, he's better than both of them. At once.

Hughes leaves its to the top half of the Prem at least.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Have you got the ballerinas to ask Nigel Pearson if Hughes is for sale? :ph34r:

i was dumb enough to take your challenge Rampage and rang Nigel.

He called me a tutu'd twit, demanded that i Baryshnikov off and then suggested i get Pavlova it and hung up

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

i was dumb enough to take your challenge Rampage and rang Nigel.

He called me a tutu'd twit, demanded that i Baryshnikov off and then suggested i get Pavlova it and hung up

You are indeed a brave man, ramit.

You also looked quite good in the outfit. :D

News flash - ramit  and Rampage to star in 'Ostrich Lake'.

News flash update - all tickets sold. (allegedly bought by ramit and Rampage).

Archived